Is it just me or have high rated GK's been rubbish this year?

Shaz2018x
138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
As the title says this year i've used TOTS Ter Stegen, (Normal) Lloris, neuer and courtious. I've found that the lower rated GK's have performed better, interested to see if its just me or anybody else has experienced this?

Comments

• TomPuFC1934
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Begovic is the best GK I've used. Used inform Cech the other day and he was horrible.
  • Shaz2018x
    Begovic is the best GK I've used. Used inform Cech the other day and he was horrible.

Exactly i have TOTS Courtouis and personally think IF Begovic is better hahah
  • ThommyAre
    770 posts Semi-Pro
    IF Lossl in the TOTW this week was awesome. Made some blinders for me in the DKT last night
  • KRANG00
    1869 posts Play-Off Hero
    All the best keepers have the "saves with feet trait" rating goes out the window that's all that matters pretty much. that's why you see so many Begovic and Fährmann
  • HideousCompany
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 2018
    There's no point in getting high end keepers. I'm rocking Cech who found better than his IF, he's been the most consistent for me and Tim Howard who's a fantastic keeper for his rating. It's trial and error with keepers until you find the right one
  • Shaz2018x
    tbh its annoying that my 81 begovic is better than a 94 Courtouis
  • iRusty_yo
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    GK’s are rubbish overall,simply inconsistent.

Rocking Base VDS myself and he feels no different than begovic, courtois, fahrmann or DDG. Only benefit is the chem links
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Shaz2018x wrote: »
    As the title says this year i've used TOTS Ter Stegen, (Normal) Lloris, neuer and courtious. I've found that the lower rated GK's have performed better, interested to see if its just me or anybody else has experienced this?

The game is programmed for people to score and concede without it there is no game, every goalkeeper is going to let in goals whether he's 99 rated in every stat or not. It's well known that keepers are probably the last area you should waste coins.

Some will disagree and say TOTS De Gea or whoever saves everything, but I went through a long period of playing with gold, silver, bronze hybrid teams and usually had a silver keeper and he performed just like any gold keeper I'd used. Made the same saves, gave the same crappy rebound goals.
  • Safehands84
    4121 posts National Call-Up
    Is there’s a list of keepers with saves with feet. Futbin doesn’t show it
  • caedite
    739 posts An Exciting Prospect
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    All the best keepers have the "saves with feet trait" rating goes out the window that's all that matters pretty much. that's why you see so many Begovic and Fährmann

Probably just another community myth. Only actual data I've seen on it was here

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/7ruvtb/basic_statistical_analysis_neuer_vs_de_gea/
  • CR7BRUH
    4032 posts National Call-Up
    De Gea saves everything well every time is Vs him
  • Vflagship
    1205 posts Professional
    Adan has been tragic for me so far
  • Footballer_1000
    1783 posts Play-Off Hero
    De Gea has been solid for me. Facing keepers though , regardless of who it is always a problem. Keepers always make impossible, Matrix saves against me.
  • mdizzl3
    12427 posts Has That Special Something
    David
  • Safehands84
    I’ve had Prime Schmichel for 600 games. He’s rubbish but was my hero growing up and it doesn’t really matter who you have it net. Although I hate facing Courtois so maybe I should get him
  • Shaz2018x
    I’ve had Prime Schmichel for 600 games. He’s rubbish but was my hero growing up and it doesn’t really matter who you have it net. Although I hate facing Courtois so maybe I should get him

Would love to be able to get the prime schmichel, regardless of whether he's good or not id keep him
  • Safehands84

Would love to be able to get the prime schmichel, regardless of whether he's good or not id keep him

I’m probably going to throw him into Gullit SBC next week
  • GedankeUlme
    779 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2018
    Just get tall keepers with the saves with feet trait and put a cheeky +15 gold attribute card for 150 coins on them and you're sorted.

Begovic and Fährmann with +15 are better than most TOTS (except maybe DDG).
  • Shaz2018x

I’m probably going to throw him into Gullit SBC next week

How could you, i'd never trade him in or sell him if i had him hahaah one of my favourite GK's after Van Der Saar
  • Socalj11
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’ve used them all. 91 DDG and Tots Adan have been best for me this year. Using Adan now
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2018
    I have De Gea TOTS and when a reasonably high rated player like a TOTS Firmino has a good angle, there's nothing you can do, for the rest he does just as much as normal De Gea which itself is a Begovic with long throw