TOTS Saul

Tomb1302
7626 posts League Winner
Packed him from the SBC. What is the general consensus on him?

Should I keep him, or use him for the next SBC?

Comments

• lad33
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm hoping to buy him so going to keep an eye on this thread!

Unless he played [email protected] in game I don't think I'd be trading him in. Not until the ultimate TOTS at least.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    lad33 wrote: »

Unless he played [email protected] in game I don't think I'd be trading him in. Not until the ultimate TOTS at least.

Looks a sweet, sweet card though.

4* WF, Good WR's for a CDM, Incredible stats.
  • nicitel32
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    he was solid for me, bought him and he did his job great..but i packed casemiro from the tots guaranted so i sold him...think he was better than casemiro
  • same, now i just wait till the world cup update when he gets real face!
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    nicitel32 wrote: »
    he was solid for me, bought him and he did his job great..but i packed casemiro from the tots guaranted so i sold him...think he was better than casemiro
    same, now i just wait till the world cup update when he gets real face!

Where do you play him?
  • lad33
    Tomb1302 wrote: »

Looks a sweet, sweet card though.

4* WF, Good WR's for a CDM, Incredible stats.

His PTG card has been great for me. Possibly my fav (and surprise ) of La Liga midfield players this FIFA. So just hoping if I buy him the card isn't a dud.
  • nicitel32
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    played him as a LCM in 442 or LCDM in 4222...
  • Carlos181
    5447 posts Big Money Move
    I play him as my LCM on Stay Back, and he’s great. Not the best at intercepting, but really good at catching and tackling opponents.
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    I love his TOTS Card, use him as a lcm with 90 gullit as the rcm and either TOTS casermiro or matic as the cdm. Not sure who I'd upgrade him for tbh, does everything so well. Def give him a try out
  • lad33
    nicitel32 wrote: »

I packed Casemiro too, wanting to put Saul alongside him as RCM .

All comments I've read so far have been positive.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    Appreciate it everyone :)

Looks like I bagged myself a good one - Will definitely try to fit him in :)
  • lad33

Yep, at least give him a few games before making a decision.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner

Was planning on doing that for sure, but was curious to see what others thought of him!
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    He is great, always in the right position whether you attack or defend. The only thing that might be concern is his height. I prefer to have someone tall like Fabinho or Luiz Gustavo that win all headers. But definitely give a try to that card, you won`t regret.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    I'm currently using Saul as the left CDM in a 4231 wide. So far so good.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    greif44 wrote: »
    He is great, always in the right position whether you attack or defend. The only thing that might be concern is his height. I prefer to have someone tall like Fabinho or Luiz Gustavo that win all headers. But definitely give a try to that card, you won`t regret.
    I'm currently using Saul as the left CDM in a 4231 wide. So far so good.

Wow! Really amazed by the response. Wasn't particularly fazed after being disappointed by Hamsik, but looks really promising!
  • sheckLon
    3634 posts National Call-Up
    Use him as ldm in 4222 next to prime gullit. Thats an absolute rock solid duo. Both offensively and defensively excellent. Also love to have a left footed player on the left side. Perfect card. Slapped an hunter on him.
  • Whufc
    1380 posts Play-Off Hero
    I got him in sbc used at cm in 3412 he wasn’t that great for me preferred bday Toure and tots Fabinho

Put Saul in sbc pulled Ramos happy with that
  • Thejuves
    1138 posts Professional
    I was thinking saul as rb ir lb?
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Sunday League Hero
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lad33

Was planning on doing that for sure, but was curious to see what others thought of him!

Cool. Let us know what you think.
  • mdizzl3
    12439 posts Has That Special Something
    I really like him,playing him as a second CDM not sure he has the physical presence to be a lone CDM for me. His shooting although good, isn't phenomenal so I won't be using him at CM as I have better options
  • Paw_Patrol70
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Played ing him RCM 41212(2) and he’s a machine. Very good defending and excellent attacking.
  • Smiley_Utd
    2060 posts Fans' Favourite
    I also packed him in the SBC, chucked a shadow on him put him at CDM - very happy with him so far, I've used his inform in the past and that was also pretty good too
  • Socalj11
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Awesome card! Play him at RCM in 4312. Great all around CM with good Pace
  • Professor
    4274 posts National Call-Up
    I've used IF saul fir around 500 games and is one of my best midfielders. Having tried all of la liga mids he is my favorite. Can do it all. I use him CCM or CdM with shadow
  • Vflagship
    1205 posts Professional
    I've just put him LCM and he is everywhere. Already got a couple of goals. Very complete midfielder
  • CharlieC
    7433 posts League Winner
    edited May 2018
    I use him as CDM in 4141 and he is very good. I have him on stay back but he still gets forward. Do as you’re told Saul, you cheeky little monkey!! :lol:
  • nj10
    2868 posts National Call-Up
    I've been thinking of buying him for the past few days, I think he would play like a cheap matthaus
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    My update: I played with him ~30-40 games in 4312, 41212(2), 5212. the card is good, but he does not work as box-to-box midfielder due to his workrates. He`s neither a pure CDM. Finally I went back to 4411 with TOTS Fabinho and TOTS Rabiot as CMs.

Pros: long shots, positioning, he can tackle.
    Cons: losing headers due to his height (IMO you need at least one big and tall guy in midfield), interceptions are not great.

I want to check how he`ll work in a team with TOTS Partey (352 or 4231). Actually I`m sure that if you pair him up with a pure CDM (like Casemiro or Fabinho), you`ll enjoy this card. Just did not fit well in my squad.