The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

RIP Simon Humber

Sami
208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I just heard that he passed away a few months ago. For those that do know he was the creative director for FIFA. And was the lead director for the best FIFA last gen, which was the World Cup 2010 game. Gone too soon, my condolences go out to his family, his friends and EA staff.

Comments

• RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2015
    Sami wrote: »
    I just heard that he passed away a few months ago. For those that do know he was the creative director for FIFA. And was the lead director for the best FIFA last gen, which was the World Cup 2010 game. Gone too soon, my condolences go out to his family, his friends and EA staff.

What, really? Where where did you hear this? If this is true you would of thought it would of been mentioned by now or we'd of heard something, especially on these forums? If true though that is a shame, he was the main guy behind probably the best Fifa game of all time, Fifa 2010 World Cup! Sad news, RIP Simon.

• Sami
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    RedDevil wrote: »
    Sami wrote: »

What, really? Where where did you hear this? If this is true you would of thought it would of been mentioned by now or we'd of heard something, especially on these forums? If true though that is a shame, he was the main guy behind probably the best Fifa game of all time, Fifa 2010 World Cup! Sad news, RIP Simon.

Saw it in a recent guardian interview with David Rutter about the inclusion of women's team.
    The Guardian interviewed Rutter shortly after the death of long-time colleague Simon Humber, from ocular melanoma, aged 45. Humber was the Fifa series’ creative director. “When you make video games, you spend a great deal of time with people, and shipping an annual title makes a team very close,” says Rutter. “I worked with Simon daily for seven years, and feel like I – and the team – lost a family member. In terms of his legacy within Fifa, he was the daddy of Ultimate Team, and played a big role in career mode – many of the features coming this year were ones he was leading development on. We’ve planted a tree outside our office in his memory, and it was astonishing to read the reaction from so many in the Fifa community after he died.” Our condolences go out to Humber’s workmates, friends and family.
  • Limatheus
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2015
    Best Fifa " World Cup Africa"

• ManzGOTIT
    2348 posts Fans' Favourite
    Are you serious?!?!?
    How come we didn't know about it?
    That is tragic news, even though he passed away a few months ago my thoughts are with his family and friends
    Sad sad news that, was good with the fifa community I remember
    RIP Simon Humber :(
  • Steph3998
    1518 posts Play-Off Hero
    Very sad news :s RIP
  • MikeM
    488 posts Sunday League Hero
    That's shocking news. Cancer gets another one. One day we'll beat it.

Not sure what else to say, other than thanks for contributing so much to the series. You will live on everytime we play.