PTG help required

snoikdonk
1504 posts Play-Off Hero
Has EA confirmed that PTG players will be usable in WC mode? Or will they only be usable for normal fut but get upgrades depending on their national team's performance in the WC? As always, this seems as clear as mud to me.

Thanx

Comments

• hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    I'm sure the ptg are normal fut. WC mode will be different cards you pack.
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    hayhor1 wrote: »

It seems so from this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/8grxiv/ptg_players/

Cheers.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    PTG cards will not transfer over. Nothing transfers over except your coins, FP and certain consumables.

Every single player card in the WC mode is dynamic, though. They behave like PTG/OTW cards, which will get permanently upgraded whenever that player has a good match in real life.
  • Amdp9
    6855 posts Big Money Move
    snoikdonk wrote: »
    Has EA confirmed that PTG players will be usable in WC mode? Or will they only be usable for normal fut but get upgrades depending on their national team's performance in the WC? As always, this seems as clear as mud to me.

Thanx

You are correct on this PTG cards will play in WC and moreover they will get upgraded as they will perform in national teams, EA did confirmed in March that Icons will be playable in WC as well,
  • jonkero
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    Lol i don't think they will be usable for WC mode. They will be upgraded based on international performances. Besides, I still think they'll get a (small) upgrade when selected for the WC selection, but I might be biased since I just bought Firmino, Willian, Sterling & Rashford ;)
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    ffs again !!!! ptgs are only usable in normal fut but will be only cards that upgrade in norm fut during wc.
    wc is completley seperate and will have new seperate cards the only thing that is usable in wc is your coins
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    deang07 wrote: »
    ffs again !!!! ptgs are only usable in normal fut but will be only cards that upgrade in norm fut during wc.
    wc is completley seperate and will have new seperate cards the only thing that is usable in wc is your coins

That's true, cos the server's won't be
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    Amdp9 wrote: »

Thanx

You are correct on this PTG cards will play in WC and moreover they will get upgraded as they will perform in national teams, EA did confirmed in March that Icons will be playable in WC as well,

I believe they confirmed that new icons will be available in WC mode. There's a whole thread about it here somewhere.

You seem to be in a minority of 1 in thinking that PTG cards will be able to played in WC mode. Please can you link where you got this info from?
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    hayhor1 wrote: »

It seems so from this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/8grxiv/ptg_players/

Cheers.

Careful what you read on the internet. That one guy stated no one knew scream cards were going to upgrade on special occasions. EA did announce that upon release of the cards.

EA has said nothing about transfer PTG to WC mode, only that PTG will upgrade with WC performances. So what I assume is that the PTG will only be used in regular FUT. WC mode will start with the player as their base card that is only available through WC packs and when they get a iMOTM that base card in WC mode will immediately jump to whatever the PTG card becomes.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    Amdp9 wrote: »

Thanx

Icons transfer? They simply said new icons will be available in WC mode. They said nothing about transfering. Heck they didnt even say what new means. It could just be new versions of the current icons but people seem to think entirely new icons.