TOTS Son on 7 Chem - Waste?

ScruffyDogBurger
3304 posts National Call-Up
edited May 2018
I want to buy TOTS Son, and put him up front with R9.

Would 7 chemistry make the 680k spent a waste of money?

I share an account with my brother, he doesn't want Son up front because he doesn't want to spend that much on a 7 chemistry player for some reason.

And no, I don't switch formations at the start.

Disclaimer: I obviously know that this would be completely fine.

Comments

• Ravel - 7
    594 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I play the 86 version as a LF on 6 Chem (alongside POTM Zaha) great partnership and I think he's one of the best players I've used
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    No
  • Knowlesdinho
    10176 posts Has That Special Something
    Twice I have brought him on at ST in Div 1 and twice he has ripped the opposition a new one. I think he’s great.
  • Jtrotman
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I use him as a 7 chem striker and he's absolutely godly. I mean 2POTM FIFA 17 Sonaldo levels of godly. Unless you want to spend millions on TOTY/TOTS Pretty Ronaldo or Prime R9, you aren't gonna find a better player
  • WFCBagnall
    69570 posts Moderator
    Anything 7 chem and over is fine.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    It's Son. He can have 1 chem at CB and still score against me!! :rage:
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    Thanks all :blush:
  • Absting159
    6693 posts Moderator
    Use fut bin to see the difference between 7 and 10 chem. In all honestly such small differences, I can’t tell the difference. My general rule is I’ll play anyone anywhere on 7 chem, but lower than that you lose the benefit of the chem cards.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    Twice I have brought him on at ST in Div 1 and twice he has ripped the opposition a new one. I think he’s great.

And that’s lower than 7 chem. 5.9 maybe?
  • Knowlesdinho
    edited May 2018

I don’t know. It’s usually at around 60 mins I sub him on, but I’m not sure what chem they start on from sub.

I’m actually working on a team that includes him in it because I’m that impressed.
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    Aren't subs 4 chem? Swear I saw that somewhere.
  • SlipperyPeople3
    1052 posts Professional
    I could not get over it myself, thinking i was wasting Son and my own potential. Sold him, tried others, then did R9 SBC and do not have to think about this anymore. lol
  • P
    7507 posts League Winner

It's also 2 games...
  • Knowlesdinho

Well, if they are, 4 chem Son is amazing!

How do you cope with sharing an account?
  • ScruffyDogBurger

I don't play much tbh, I usually cba with FUT...I enjoy SBCs etc, but I don't really treat FUT as real FIFA. He has to put up with the grind usually :lol:
  • Knowlesdinho

I don't play much tbh, I usually cba with FUT...I enjoy SBCs etc, but I don't really treat FUT as real FIFA. He has to put up with the grind usually :lol:

:lol: I like playing, but I enjoy trading more.

I’ve not had chance to try Zaha yet, but I’m thinking he will slot into my Son squad. Congrats btw. I know we had a bit of beef, and I was misquoted, but I can tell you’re a decent guy. Virtual handshake?
  • ScruffyDogBurger

I’ve not had chance to try Zaha yet, but I’m thinking he will slot into my Son squad. Congrats btw. I know we had a bit of beef, and I was misquoted, but I can tell you’re a decent guy. Virtual handshake?

FUT is fun sometimes, but I feel like I've been trying to build a team for so long that I've sort of lost the patience with this one.

Yeah no hard feelings.

The outcome of this thread for me is deciding to get TOTS Mertens once it's out :lol:
  • Knowlesdinho

FUT is fun sometimes, but I feel like I've been trying to build a team for so long that I've sort of lost the patience with this one.

Yeah no hard feelings.

The outcome of this thread for me is deciding to get TOTS Mertens once it's out :lol:

I’m pretty much Serie A past and present on my main (apart from OTW Neymar, who will possibly be upgraded to the poty version).

Have you tried TOTS Gómez? He’s about to relegate ADP to the bench because he’s that good!
  • ScruffyDogBurger

Yeah no hard feelings.

I’m pretty much Serie A past and present on my main (apart from OTW Neymar, who will possibly be upgraded to the poty version).

Have you tried TOTS Gómez? He’s about to relegate ADP to the bench because he’s that good!

I was tempted to do POTY Neymar, but I have an affinity with TOTS Mertens because of FUT 13, and he is one of my favourite players in this game.

I haven't tried TOTS Gomez, he is my type of player though. Assuming he's at CAM?
  • Knowlesdinho

Yeah no hard feelings.

I was tempted to do POTY Neymar, but I have an affinity with TOTS Mertens because of FUT 13, and he is one of my favourite players in this game.

I haven't tried TOTS Gomez, he is my type of player though. Assuming he's at CAM?

I’ve used him at CF and CAM. I imagine TOTS Mertens will be better though.

I just need a decent Serie A RM!
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    Mate I sub him on at the start on 5 chem

Makes absolutely no difference
  • SupaNoodle1990
    P wrote: »

It's also 2 games...

I played Neymar on 4 chem for 2 months, didn’t feel a difference.
  • Knowlesdinho
    P wrote: »

It's also 2 games...

Yep 2 games, but 2 games of genius :lol:

Sometimes you just know.