Goodbye Fifa from a FUT Founder

3NG
946 posts Semi-Pro
Little video below of me discarding around 20m worth of players if that interests you and you don't want to read the post

I know my EST date is last year but that was PS4, was a FUT founder on Xbox.

Anyway, I turned 23 yesterday and played 5 games of fut champs on my birthday and it only dawned on me today why did I do that, I don't enjoy the game and I don't have the same fun that I used to have when I was younger so instead of dwelling on it, blaming other things I've decided I'm going to hang up my fifa boots

Before people ask, nothing brought this on gameplay wise etc, IMO it's the community who ruin the game and not EA even though EA give the community the tools to do so. Bit like the old riddle, do guns kill people or do people kill people.

If you are enjoying the game don't let people ruin it for you by forcing their opinion onto you. Carry on doing what you enjoy.

Have a met a lot of nice people on this forum, mostly the older forum 5+ years back but still, too many people to name, want to thank them all.

Fifa was with me growing up and only fuelled my love for real football which made me start attending more matches IRL which is where I met my lovely girlfriend of 4+ years so I have Fifa to be thankful for that. Not gone to as many matches as I'd have liked over the past 2 years due to FUT champs but that can all change now

Wish I could give away the remaining 4.5m~ on my account but it'd only get people into trouble with EA so please accept the gesture of goodwill even though I can do nothing with it

Peace out.

Comments

• forearms
    5536 posts Big Money Move
    Is it just me, or is that painful to watch?
  • Pughy30
    29502 posts Player of the Year
    Wow how edgy
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Wow how edgy
  • Davisto
    6569 posts Big Money Move
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Wow how edgy

• OZero
    7406 posts League Winner
    You lose if you take this game serious
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    Sad to see people leave like this.

Still if you want to buy a baby maldini on ps4 for like 299k let me know...
  • Futfanatic
    15972 posts World Class
    Part of me died when he discarded prime gullit.
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    Futfanatic wrote: »

I was like 'meh he's overrated
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    another fut head in rehab , hopefully he will heal
    and move on from this hell , if not see you in 19 brother :D:D:D
  • nothing against goodbye messages as this stuff is certainly addictive af but discarding players

no , just noooooo
  • Fab
    19691 posts Club Captain
    Good luck to you, 3NG!
  • Mrhey31
    3009 posts National Call-Up
    Ahhhhh stop... that is one of the most painfull vids i have ever seen.
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    never thought a film could get to me like when mufasa passes away and simbas in bits but that knocked me for 6 , felt like a charity appeal .
  • Avit32
    972 posts Professional
    This is becoming a common thing these days. Fortunately for ea there is an endless stream of kids buying into the slot machine that is fut primed and ready to grow a healthy addiction to pack openings.
  • silas1980
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 2018
    Feel like doing this myself tbh. Also a FUT Founder.

No going back after you delete Gullit and Ronaldo.
  • RandomLhama83
    10108 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2018
    Alrdy ahead of you op. Did this awhile ago. I can’t say wat I rly think of this game on here or il get reported but leaving this game is best decision you will ever make. Just be careful on returning to it. Ea has tricks of gettin U back
  • Headshrinker363
    5870 posts Big Money Move
    Didn’t know you, didn’t watch video, but very poignant and well worded post, IMO. Good luck for your future.
  • rankon.
    2259 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve been toying with the idea for the past few days
  • Whufc
    1380 posts Play-Off Hero
    Futfanatic wrote: »

Part of me died when he discarded all them icons I’ve only got base icons lol
  • Flamstead
    3543 posts National Call-Up
    Giveaway dude!!!

I understand though why you did it. Good luck
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro
    Thanks for all the kinds words, greatly appreciated

It was painful discarding all the players, you can see me dilly dally on Ronaldinho for a split second, his 91 card I had over 1k games played and the prime around 500, used a version of him in every single game I ever played this year (except for a few drafts)

As someone mentioned, it was the only way I'd know for definite that I'd be done with the game so had to be done
  • BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional
    Good luck mate. Completely agree with what you say about the community. I’m away this weekend so I let my 12 year old little bro play my WL games. Some of the messages are disgusting, some of community need a long hard look at themselves.

All the best in your endeavours
  • CharlieC
    7425 posts League Winner
    3NG wrote: »
    Thanks for all the kinds words, greatly appreciated

It was painful discarding all the players, you can see me dilly dally on Ronaldinho for a split second, his 91 card I had over 1k games played and the prime around 500, used a version of him in every single game I ever played this year (except for a few drafts)

As someone mentioned, it was the only way I'd know for definite that I'd be done with the game so had to be done
    Still got enough coins to make a beast squad. Jesus, Martial, Willian, Bailly etc etc :lol:
  • Mr. Soper
    3294 posts National Call-Up
    you will be back for the world, cup. only 2 weeks away.
  • RandomLhama83
    10108 posts Has That Special Something
    BMANUTD wrote: »
    Good luck mate. Completely agree with what you say about the community. I’m away this weekend so I let my 12 year old little bro play my WL games. Some of the messages are disgusting, some of community need a long hard look at themselves.

its the community ea has created tbf.

if there was a bunch of cups to play, and the game was actually fun i dont think the community would be this toxic. but when you have one mode, and everything is put into that one mode, this is what you get. toxicity.
  • BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional
    joe666 wrote: »
    BMANUTD wrote: »

its the community ea has created tbf.

if there was a bunch of cups to play, and the game was actually fun i dont think the community would be this toxic. but when you have one mode, and everything is put into that one mode, this is what you get. toxicity.

So EA makes people message toxic BS to people? Leave it out mate. I get what you’re saying in some respect though.
  • Vert
    15670 posts World Class
  • mdizzl3
    12427 posts Has That Special Something
    What's with the attention seeking on here? If your not going to play anymore, just stop playing :D

FIFA founder cracked me up
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    What's with the attention seeking on here? If your not going to play anymore, just stop playing :D

wanted a guard of honour m8 lol
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

:D:D Yeah, it's like when someone posts on Facebook "blah blah blah, I'm leaving Facebook after x number of years because of this and that"

Nobody really cares that you joined in the first place, and if you're gonna go just go.