Penalties really need sorting for FIFA 19

SSgtBlunder
948 posts Professional
Just beat a guy in a penalty shootout in WL but got to feel sorry for him.

In the clip you'll see the last 3 pens of the shootout. I'm in the white Olympiacos kit, he's in the black. Both of my last 2 pens he's guessed the right direction and they have still gone in.

I think EA have to bump up the chances of saving a pen if you guess right. I would be raging if that had happened to me.

Comments

• rankon.
    1950 posts Fans' Favourite
    Agreed I think you should almost certainly save it if you go the right way, unless it’s a very well placed penalty
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    The ones that annoy me the most are the ones that basically go down the middle, maybe one inch off middle and if you don't move your keep he won't save it.
  • AaronMFC
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dont see a problem with the middle one if he pressed up in the controller stick he would have saved it. But the corner pens are a joke theres ones like that ones were they dive to far or just let it under them hitting it low with no power seems to be the best way to take pens.
  • BILLYT96
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    There’s a lot of people that always aim in a specific spot where even if you dive whilst in the middle of the goal, it still goes in, under the goalkeepers arms

I thought I’d try a way to prevent this and this weekend if I conceded a penalty, I’d step left/right with my goalkeeper and then dive

I did this twice, in two separate games, where both my opponents aimed in the “exploit” area, which most people usually do, my system worked and my goalkeeper would dive and save the penalty... but he wouldn’t save it “properly” and it would just hit him, come back out.. not all the way to the penalty taker, closer to the goalkeeper, but my goalkeeper would just lie there, start to get up, stand up, by which time my opponent has ran to the ball and tapped it in

I’ve never understood why they changed penalties, there was nothing wrong with penalties in the past, out of all the negative feedback EA got, I don’t think anyone said “penalties are awful! They need to change”

They were exactly how they’re like in real life, a game of 50/50... now they’re inconsistent, unfair and just ridiculous

EA need to get rid of it and change them back like they did with quick throw ins
  • BMGPlayer90
    59 posts Park Captain
    I lost 21-22 in penalties a few day ago. Only 5 penaltys didn‘t go in, many were in the same direction as the gk but stillt rolled in
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13250 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2018
    Hate hate hate pens this year ..

They were fine last year, I've no idea why they decided to change them. One thing that really annoys me is I see loads of videos where folk get the penalty arrow, I've NEVER seen the arrow....in ANY game mode, I've tried to get it to pop up pressing certain buttons bit it never shows on screen. It's pathetic on EA's part
  • maksi
    6601 posts Big Money Move
    rankon. wrote: »
    Agreed I think you should almost certainly save it if you go the right way, unless it’s a very well placed penalty
    what's would be the point having high penalties stat if that would be the case

• maksi
    6601 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2018
    They were fine last year, I've no idea why they decided to change them. One thing that really annoys me is I see loads of videos where folk get the penalty arrow, I've NEVER seen the arrow....in ANY game mode, I've tried to get it to pop up pressing certain buttons bit it never shows on screen. It's pathetic on EA's part
    you don't get the arrow in WL but you do in other modes

try reinstalling the game if you don't have it