TOTS reviews (see 1 page for spreadsheet with reviews)

Cantona84
4606 posts National Call-Up
edited May 23
Welcome to the TOTS review thread. Here you will find reviews on TOTS players from the FIFA community.

The other thread on here is a mega thread with a lot of chatter. My suggestion is using this thread to give feedback on cards you have tried and ask for information and reviews on cards your interested in.

It would be great to use a scale on the card from 1 to 10 (quality of the card).

Update: @VanBasten12 has done an magnificent job putting together and updating forms to gather reviews. See under for more information.

Spent a few minutes working through the 1st page, and collated answers:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17BVJSj-W8yQrvprIHCSgo6QvrrtHFacl4nXfSYqhn24

You can enter a new review using this form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYiZBDGviRI0ysyv7gBmBV19kY-Ung187-7PWrVnbX2Ajvog/viewform

I just keep seeing the people ask for reviews, and also spent a bit of time trying to hunt through this thread for reviews on Mahrez the other day. I'm happy to update the sheet if others want the detail from the past 10 pages. Yes ... I have plenty time on my hands (joys of working from home).

Edit: We thank @VanBasten12 for doing a great job putting this together. It gives a great overview when deciding which players to buy and try. Enjoy!
Post edited by Cantona84 on

Comments

• Ulook92
    8012 posts League Winner
    Im wondering how Oblak and Adan are.
  • o uhMaZiiNq
    9581 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 12
    Gomez - weak and short but other than that he's really fast with great shooting and dribbling. Have enjoyed him

David Silva - his shooting has been very hit or miss for me, doesn't feel very fast, great dribbling and awful weak foot. Haven't had the best time with him

Sane - besides the double 3* he's excellent. Fast and strong and good on the ball. Great shooting as well. Double 3* is a let down though

• Henstock
    2572 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 13
    Need a review on Saul, will be played as a CM and told to daty back. Currently using Rabiot there who's very good but Saul seems next level! If anyone has any opinions on when to buy as well, it'd be greatly appreciated

Rabiot - Great CM, would definitely recommend him to play as a CDM rather than in an attacking role. Wins most headers and his passes won't let you down.

Robertson - Seemed solid defensively but makes a fair few mistakes.

Otamendi - Don't do it to yourself.

Malcom - Surpisingly good! Good shooting, dribbling and passing. Very weak and his sprint speed isn't as good as his stats say but would recommend.

Sane- Very good but not as strong as the stats suggest and his WF is a real let down. Wins a lot of headers and can go all game!

Van Ginkel - Put an engine on him and he'll surprise you! Becomes the perfect CM with great stats all around.

Adan - My favourite keeper this year so far! Just seems to be there and seems really quick! Saves shots I though no keeper could.

Messi - Everything you'd expect. 15/10
    Post edited by Henstock on
  • Orison
    39223 posts World Cup Winner
    edited May 12
    Griez - 9/10, WF is trash, everything else perfect (about as unbiased as you will get from me)

Son - 10/10, 5* WF, insane finesse, insane long shots, insane finishing. As long as you don't cross to your strikers (and backpost crosses hit CAMs, wingers or CMs more often anyways) he's perfect.

Arias - 9/10, everything great apart from height and heading

Hamsik - 8/10, missing some pace and general influence on the game

Kane - 7/10, good CM, but missing skills and sooo clunky

Alli - 1/10, trash

Firmino - 8/10, great CM, wins a lot of backpost headers, awful striker tho

Caputo - 6/10, missing skills and consistent finishing

Might write some more if someone wants a specific review, but cba doing a wall of text for all of them that nobody would read.

Also relatively sure I used some more, but forgetting them atm :joy:
    Post edited by Orison on
  • Cantona84
    Orison wrote: »
    Griez - 9/10, WF is trash, everything else perfect (about as unbiased as you will get from me)

Arias - 9/10, everything great apart from height and heading

Hamsik - 8/10, missing some pace and general influence on the game

Kane - 7/10, good CM, but missing skills and sooo clunky

Alli - 1/10, trash

Firmino - 8/10, great CM, wins a lot of backpost headers, awful striker tho

Caputo - 6/10, missing skills and consistent finishing

Might write some more if someone wants a specific review, but cba doing a wall of text for all of them that nobody would read.

Also relatively sure I used some more, but forgetting them atm :joy:

Very good.

Arias is great value. Fantastic full back.
  • o uhMaZiiNq
    Is it just me or do 3* weak foots feel really bad this year?
  • Jfo88
    21299 posts Club Captain
    Alli- 2/10 Pretty trash player pretty much invisible until he gives the ball away for no reason

Firmino- 9/10 Great at CAM less impactful when I play him at CM absolutely nutty finishing

Pique- 6/10 good defender nothing special

Ramos-2/10 bad rating based on value feels no different than his 90

Suarez- 8/10 finishes every single shot in the box. Takes forever to take his long shots tho so they are always getting blocked. Feels smooth but not as strong as stats suggest
  • ha032742
    30746 posts Moderator
    edited May 12

Yes they do unfortunately.

TOTS Ramos - feels noticeably slower than the TOTY (though still better than nearly all other defenders) but otherwise defending/strength wise he’s the same.

TOTS Walker - the best RB in the game so far and will continue to be even with the release of TOTS Mbabu. No real weaknesses imo but very pricey.
  • Orison

Messi also feels like a 2* and I concede WF bangers from Salah every once in a while, doesn't make too much sense, always gotta see for yourself.

But yeah 5* WF is generally a game changer imo.
  • Cantona84

Messi also feels like a 2* and I concede WF bangers from Salah every once in a while, doesn't make too much sense, always gotta see for yourself.

How would you rate Son compared to Griez? Didn’t see him on your list.
  • Orison
    Cantona84 wrote: »

How would you rate Son compared to Griez? Didn’t see him on your list.

Knew I forgot some players :joy:

Yeah Son is insane, sad to say, but I would rate him over Griez this year. He's incredible.
  • MD_Breezy13
    2435 posts Fans' Favourite
    Griez - very nice card for the price. Biggest upgrade was to the strength. Very very close to FIFA 16 Griez 9/10

Arias - A near perfect fullback for under 100k. Links are bad but that’s about it. 9/10

Mahrez - under the radar but very good. Movement is a little stagnant, but get the ball at his feet and he’s one of the best dribblers in the game. Good finisher as well. 8/10

Aguero - unreal. Only downfall is he’s a little short but pretty much a perfect player otherwise. Best movement in the game. 9.5/10

Eriksen - disappointed in his tots this year after his card last year. Pretty clunky and kinda stagnant movement. Good long shots and passing though. 6/10
  • Ulook92
    8012 posts League Winner
    Pique - Make no mistake, he is very good. His height means he is never losing an aerial batte and he dominates on corners. His tackling his very good. He rarely misses a tackle provided he is in the right place. His biggest let down is his lack of acceleration which means quite often he is left for dust and cant react quick enough. Definitely worth having but far from an end game player imo.

Silva - I have never been a fan of this guy but his TOTS has it all. His dribbling and passing are obviously his best assets. He can turn on a sixpence and pick some great passes out. His shooting is also very good although i have had much better success with finesse shots than power. He has enough strength and pace to hold his own and 4* skills are an awesome bonus. Shame about the 2* weakfoot though. I would say he is an end game player.

Alli - I have heard quite a few negative things about this card and some of which i do not agree with. I played him at CM which he has been a bit wasted at but it was the only place i could fit him. His height and strength means he can play the role well but its not where i like a player like that at. He is the complete package for a CAM but does tend to lose the ball in situations he really shouldnt. He is definitely an end game player but has to be played at CAM imo. But quite rightly im sure people will disagree with the latter.
  • o uhMaZiiNq

I've never liked having 3* or less WF in the past but you could get away with it at least in certain spots. In 18 though it feels like a complete liability almost always. 5* WF is always awesome to have
  • ORANGEeffect05
    13223 posts Moderator
    Son - 10/10, rapid turn of pace and 5* WF finesse and low driven shots are automatic. Good in the air and decent strength bonus over his earlier IFs.

Young - 7/10, using at RB and he's decent enough but not worth the coins if I didn't have him untradeable. M/M keeps him in pretty good positions and is always ready to overlap on the switch. Really good service going forward but lacks presence in defense, while still a good tackler.

Silva - 6/10, great dribbling and passing and left foot. Right foot is useless and gets thrown around too easily. Only position I would use him is LCM otherwise i think one of his faults would leave you with far better options (weak foot, strength, speed).

Bender - 5/10, meh.

Hamsik - 8/10, 5* WF useful as always. Used him at cdm and see him much more useful as a CM with more chances to use his long shot ability. Solid all around playmaker though. Lacked a bit of strength and bite in defense though.

Fernando - 7/10, quite liked him as a Kante type CDM. Homing missile who found ways to separate the opponents attackers from the ball and move it up field. Lacked a bit of size and dribbling.
  • Dinksy
    1441 posts Professional
    Sterling at CAM - unreal. shooting, dribbling top notch, and then we get to the pace. Prepare for a man that wont stop running in behind, and will be a constant threat all game. 9/10

Son at ST - a definite upgrade over his 87. Better than NIF CR7 imo, WF is immaculate, you name it, he's got it. Noticeable improvement in strength as well, massive help. 10/10 (for me anyways).

Fabinho - One of the best out and out CDMs on the game. Tireless runner, and constantly in the face of the opponents attackers. Good on the ball as well. 9/10

Oblak - All in all, a good goalkeeper. Reflex saves are second to none, but I still feel DDG has the edge on him, just. 7/5/10

Arias - Decent, not great. Good enough defensively, can be out of position occasionally. Passing is a noticeable improvement, and he feels very agile. 7/10

• ORANGEeffect05
    13223 posts Moderator
    Fernandinho - 8.5/10, really solid in the center of the park and can do a bit of everything.

Fabinho - 8.5/10, another of the Brazilian mids I have used and he had the most impressive ball winning presence of the lot. Size helps the tackling radius and has solid pace as well. Not the greatest going forward but serviceable.
  • MD_Breezy13
    2435 posts Fans' Favourite
    Any reviews on Ter Stegen? Looks a bargain at his current price.
  • hoban95
    41746 posts International Superstar
    TOTS Dele has been okay at CAM but nothing truly brilliant. He's turned up in big moments in games though but sometimes you feel something is missing with his final ball. Can't wait to move him to CM, it's clear that's his best position.

TOTS Robertson has been decent. Nothing too bad but nothing brilliant. It's clear he's better offensively than defensively due to his lack in height. Standing tackles and interceptions are great though.

The TOTS card i've been most surprised with is TOTS Oblak. Didn't really have much expectations but he's surpassed them by miles.
  • krakos000
    12969 posts Has That Special Something
    Firmino (Striker) - Amazing amazing player. Only tried him at striker but he has crazy finishing, so so so smooth on the ball and has excellent passing for 1-2s. I really can't find a fault with him to be honest he has it all(pace, nuts finishing, smooth dribbling, strong on the ball)

Gomez (outside CAM) - feels like a better Messi. Best dribbling ive felt this fifa. Its unique similar to TOTY Kante and Messi in game. He has awesome finishing and hes one of the quickest players I've ever used. Great passing and cutting in ability to fire in a pass to MVB/Firmino.

Chiellini (CB) - He was awful the first game I used him in but since then he's been a damn wall at the back. Definitely has made my defense a lot better. Obviously his tackling and interceptions are second to none, but he also has great passing so he can play it out from the back nicely. He is also smooth on the ball too. Exactly what I expected from his TOTS card.

Azpilicueta (RCDM) - Havent tried him at CB yet but as a cdm paired with someone bigger(Prime Rijkaard) he is a **** GOD. Having him at RCDM allows me to put TOTY Kante at RCAM which is where he shines for me. Back to Azpi though...Hes more of a technical tackler similar to Kante in which he expertly takes the ball away and doesn't use brute strength. His ball playing ability is why I put him at cdm though...His pace, passing and dribbling is wasted back at CB imo. He is such a good playmaker that I had to use him in the midfield. His first game he got 2 assists for me.

Overall these TOTS players have added a new level to my team, in terms of fun and effectiveness.

• Tsarov
    1057 posts Professional
    edited May 12
    Azpilicueta - paired him with Bailly and this duo should be forbidden. Crazy good. Only one con is that when you are playing against Lukaku type of players, Spanish CB can has some problems in the air, however his price (500.000) didn't come from nowhere.

Lozano - can't wait to buy and use him with R9 at ST. Mark my words, he will be the best 200.000 card in the game by far (edit: unless EA will decide to release Futties or MLS All-Star Alessandrini card).
  • JBC03FC
    3302 posts National Call-Up
    Kroos - very nice, feels quicker than his stats, and he has an iconic feel. I am not sure if he is end game though. He gets about fine but dribbling for more than 10 yards is not an option.
    When challenging for ball he can be a bit of a donkey. Other than that superb.

Lukaku - he is growing on me, I am using him in front of de bruyne and he assissts more than scores. He does power through but he loses the ball a lot in the 50/50 or when challenged by any decent defender. Im finding his shots go wide a lot, but that could be me getting used to him.

Arias - feels like a right sided alba with less pace. Worth the coins imo.
  • EddieFicio
    12714 posts Has That Special Something
    Vertonghen, decent card. definitely not the best but usable.

Young- same as above

Arias - quality RB.

Kroos - amazing passing and shooting, usable pace but not the smoothest or fastest.
  • Carlos181
    1809 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 13
    Guedes - 8/10 plays to his stats, and is very very good on the ball. Took two stars away because the 3/3 hinders him.

Saul - 10/10 very good as a holding mid wig a crack shot. I used his IF for over 400+ Games, and he couldn’t out strength much players. This card easily can.

Parejo - 9/10 this guy is good as my CM that joins my attack. Very good FK Taker, and his passes magnet to my forwards feet every time. His long shot is also no joke. Only con is his pace is also noticeable.

Alba - 9.5/10 He’s my favorite fullback in 18. Super fast as expected, and also good on the ball. Can also unleash a shot for goal on an overlap. Only con is that his strength still lacks a bit.

Pique - 7/10 - Tall Puyol plain and simple. He does however score me more corner goals than any other CB I’ve used.

Ter Stegen - 0/10 - avoid at all costs

Hernandez - 7/10 - Playing him as a 7 chem cb. So far he’s decent, but I’ve only used him for 4 games.

• kfcbucket21
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    Been using Erkisen as a sub for Pirlo. Great shot on him. Has 8 goals in 12 games. Pretty good for only coming on at HT in DKO and WL
  • dopetothemax
    1260 posts Professional
    Fernandinho- Very very good. Great in the tackle, good pace, fine on the ball and rips the occasional long shot as well. Not sure if he’s value for money at his price though, I have him untradeable and never would have used otherwise. Only an 8/10 due to lack of height.

Erikson- Also untradeable and I didn’t really enjoy the first 3 games or so. After that he’s really turned up. Great passing, longshots and finishing in the box. Obviously 5* weak foot is massive for a CAM so that always comes in handy. Makes good runs off my strikers as well. 9/10 for me.

Alli- not as bad for me as he has apparently been for others. Has decent long shots and feels like a decent presence with his size. Puts in a few decent challenges as well. He’s not terrible, but not great either. About a 6/10 for me as you can do better.

Arias- excellent FB. Just missing a bit of height and strength but does everything else exactly how you would want. 9/10

Sane- pace is obviously great, has good strength and his dribbling was actually surprisingly quite good. Has an incredible shot on his left as well. But that double 3* ultimately led me to getting rid of him. With a 4* weak foot it would have been hard to sell. 8/10 simply because of the weak foot.

Otamendi- now this one surprised me. He was quite solid! He put in strong aggressive challenges and was good in the air as well. And despite the aggressive challenges, after 20 odd games he didn’t have a single card to his name. You will feel the lack of pace at times on the counter attack and that can be an issue late in a tight WL game, but he was pretty good beyond that. 7/10

Ter Stegen- used him for my first 19 WL games this weekend and he was as good as you would expect. On par with DDG for me which is saying something. He saves everything you expect him to and only lets in the same goals every other keeper in the game would also let in. Pulls off some impressive saves as well. 8/10

Basically everyone I’ve tried has been at least okay with a few standouts. I’ve tried more than these as well just didn’t feel the need to include.
  • SebCFC123
    4309 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 13
    Antoine GriezGOAT
  • LeonidasJB
    10787 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 13
    Oblak. Awful, both for and against.

Pope. Surprisingly very good so far.

Gaya. Excellent. Good defending and good going forward.

Otamendi. Surprisingly solid. Sound defensively.

Azpilicueta. Very very good.

Sheehan. Surprisingly so good that I have him on the bench for 1 of my main teams as A Mid or Def sub.

Fernandinho. Really solid. Next to Vieira and he is nearly as good. Vieira reach and height stand out, but otherwise as good.

KDB. KDB, need I say more. Shooting, passing and dribbling are excellent.

Vardy. Pace and finishing. Check. Enough said really.

Bobby Reid. Pretty good, had to sacrifice for a PL TOTS SBC. Got in some positions, didn't always finish though.

Godin. Been solid so far. Strong, good in the air, good tackling, etc.

Recommend.

Azpilicueta, Vardy, Gaya, KDB, Fernandinho, Otamendi, Godin and Pope.
    Sheehan and Reid for 'alternate' or fun squads.

Avoid.

Oblak

Note. Currently having my best WL.
    Azpi, Vardy, KDB, Fernandinho, Gaya, Godin and Pope are all playing a large hand in that.
  • AlexSolm
    6941 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 13
    Agüero - Perfect timing on his runs off the ball, very quick, nimble and strong but his finishing isn't 100% consistent. 9/10

Walker - Great defender but his dribbling still doesn't feel great and 2* wf is annoying. 8/10

Jordi Alba
    - Best fullback in the game imo, I love a fullback who can dribble, cross and shoot like a CAM and he doesn't put a foot wrong when defending. Only con I noticed is his strength but you rarely face a strong RW .9/10

Arias - Aweoms cheap option but he can't shoot and his defending isn't as good as Zanetti or Walker imo. 8/10

Malcom - Good finisher from a close range but doesn't feel very fast and he doesn't get into the right positions most of the time. 6/10

Sané - I have the YPOTY on the bench and he's decisive every time I bring him on, insane pace, strength, finishing and long shots, if only he didn't have 3*/3*. 8.5/10
  • SupaNoodle1990
    19542 posts World Class
    edited May 13
    Heung Min Son - Outstanding. Took a bit of getting used to because I don’t dribble much but now he’s come alive. Finishes everything and BS just happens when he has the ball. 9/10

Jose Gaya - Very good, didn’t realise how good he was until I sold him, both ends of the field he can handle himself. 8/10

Thibaut Courtois - After a shakey start he’s been phenomenal, some saves he makes are ridiculous. 9/10

Nicolas Otamendi - A very underrated defender, always in the right position, great tackling and enough pace IMO, also an animal in the air at both ends. 8/10

Thomas Lemar - Bang average, decent shot, decent pace, the rest of him is poor. Would not recommend at all. 3/10

Ben Davies - Aside from pace he’s is actually decent, it’s just a shame that pace is so important. 5/10

Jose Callejon - Much better than I expected, great pace, great finishing and dribbling. Huge downside is his lack of skills and weak foot, passing is meh. Good enough for a super sub for me. 7/10

Nick Pope/Adebayo Akinfenwa/Junior Hoilett/Carlos Lopez/ Domenic Criscito - Straight into an SBC. NOTUSINGTHEM/10