88 Desailly at CDM?

Blackpoolmonster
4695 posts National Call-Up
edited May 2018
Had a quick search and can’t find many threads with regards the 88 CDM Desailly. Generally it appears his best position is at CB but just wondering is the 88 is worth a punt?

I need someone to replace Bakayoko desperately as he is constantly shown up in weekend league. The rest of my team is icons/TOTS players but just need a holding midfielder. Is he worth the coin? Will I be disappointed and wish I’d maybe done prime Rijkaard SBC?

Anyone that’s used a few, opinions would be greatly received

Comments

• dopetothemax
    2017 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2018
    Played against him in a game in FUT Champs this weekend. He was a destroyer defensively as you’d expect but whenever he had the ball I felt full confidence that I could take it off of him. So yes, he could work there if you do your best to make sure he spends little time on the ball. However, I’d say go for 85 Blanc instead. Still capable defensively and much better on the ball. Although with all these new TOTS, a lot of the low end icons aren’t as good as they were before.

Having said that, prime rijkaard off the market is less than 600k. Just go for him
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32178 posts National Team Captain
    Prime Rijkaard is fantastic. Wouldn’t play Des at CDM.
  • Humma78
    2608 posts Fans' Favourite
    Have you considered Tots Casemiro? I'm currently awaiting reviews as I want to pair him with Vieira.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    Played against him in a game in FUT Champs this weekend. He was a destroyer defensively as you’d expect but whenever he had the ball I felt full confidence that I could take it off of him. So yes, he could work there if you do your best to make sure he spends little time on the ball. However, I’d say go for 85 Blanc instead. Still capable defensively and much better on the ball. Although with all these new TOTS, a lot of the low end icons aren’t as good as they were before.

Having said that, prime rijkaard off the market is less than 600k. Just go for him

I’d have gone for Blanc but have his 91 at CB.

Tempted to do Rijkaard SBC.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    Humma78 wrote: »
    Have you considered Tots Casemiro? I'm currently awaiting reviews as I want to pair him with Vieira.

Yes and Matic but my team is prem, depending on what I pull on laliga SBC tomorrow I’d need another icon to keep players on full Chem. Plus Bakayoko is doing my nut in
  • CovLee_Candice
    5107 posts Big Money Move
    I have use him he is fantastic. Feel so fast like kante but very strong like bakayoko. He also very agressive on your opponent cam. Passing is suprisingly good for simple pass to your cm and full back.

If I have to rank cdm I have used
    88 vieira
    88 des = tots fabinho
    90 frank rjikaard
    85 blanc
  • BanterMarc11
    591 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wait for TOTS Gustavo
  • Reus
    23561 posts Club Captain
    Prime Rijkaard is fantastic. Wouldn’t play Des at CDM.

• Scholesyy
    2274 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2018
    I can vouch for him big time. Play him cdm and put "stay back" which is important imo. Short passing is no problem at all, driven passes always hits the target. But he shouldn't be the one to assist or score.

He's strong, big, fast and can knock anyone out of the way. Perfect workrates. Sometimes you play someone cdm and want them to stay there because they don't have the offensive qualitys but that's not a problem with des. He stays where he should.

I've played with 85 Blanc as well and he's better on the ball but nothing special at all at this stage of the game. Defensively he's definately not as good as des. (Using his 89 as CB though where he's bossing it).
  • Danic123
    3819 posts National Call-Up
    Got him & Prime Rijkaard. Big Frank is much better at CDM, just so smooth on the ball & does everything else Des does.

I play Des at CB & he is far better suited. That said, if you don’t build from the back, then you’d have no issues with Des at CDM. Personally, I build from the back, and in laggy games Des is just no good as he can’t do 360 turns that easy.
  • RebelRob
    7114 posts Big Money Move
    I've only used him at CB really, although did occasionally keep him at cdm before doing the ig switch with matthaus, but in general he is a wall.

I don't see why he wouldn't work as a proper cdm, he's infinitely better than bakayoko.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    Bought Parejo for 150k :D