The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Counter for the following formations

jpsblue
4681 posts National Call-Up
hey guys, would appreciate some help

so i play 41212(2), however lately i've began trying to experiment changing formation in game if it isn't working. Could someone help me and tell me the counters to the following formations that i come across? These being

433 (any variation)
41212(2)

I've been using 442 to some good extent against all of those formations, however i know there are better alternatives.

I've used the search bar and there's been a lot of conflicting info so i thought i would make a thread

Cheers guys

Comments

• Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    5212 obliterates most formations for me. Have full backs on overlap, one CM get forward, one stay back. I also have a striker set to target man.

Then play close to fully aggressive and wide. For some reason, In this formation and tactics all the players take up positions you’d expect a proper 41212 to operate as from previous FIFAS.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26481 posts Player of the Year
    4231 counters most imo, apart from 4222.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4987 posts Big Money Move
    3412 counters all formations other then 433s
  • jpsblue
    4681 posts National Call-Up
    cheers will look into it. use to love it last year but i love having prime R9 and 96 IF CR7 upfront together so a bit of a headache that one

i actually use to use that a lot (used it a few times in WL today while chasing a game), however doesn't that get slaughtered by wide formations such as 433 etc due to having LM and RM's being too high up and leaving gaps out wide? plus aren't the CB's too far apart from each other at times?
  • Wonderfulwest
    4987 posts Big Money Move
    jpsblue wrote: »
    cheers will look into it. use to love it last year but i love having prime R9 and 96 IF CR7 upfront together so a bit of a headache that one

i actually use to use that a lot (used it a few times in WL today while chasing a game), however doesn't that get slaughtered by wide formations such as 433 etc due to having LM and RM's being too high up and leaving gaps out wide? plus aren't the CB's too far apart from each other at times?

Like I said only seem to struggle against 443s using that and no my defence was ok