Why I won’t be doing the La Liga guaranteed TOTS SBC

1
SSgtBlunder
948 posts Professional
Prob like many, my team is fairly settled. I have effectively an untradeable PL defence & keeper, while my mid and attack is Serie A.

I can’t see how getting a La Liga TOTS (aside the best 4/5) would benefit me in the slightest.

Same applies to Ligue 1 and the Bundes. I have enough ‘super subs’ so even packing a fairly decent TOTS would be a waste.

I think I’ll end up selling my tradeable TOTS investments and keep any untradeable TOTS I pick up for Serie A. The money I’ll save not doing the La Liga etc ones can be used to buy a decent Serie A player.

Anyone else came to the same conclusion or you’re having a punt regardless?

Comments

  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    Worth having a punt for the big boys alone. If you get someone poor then just recycle him in to the Serie A one
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Worth having a punt for the big boys alone. If you get someone poor then just recycle him in to the Serie A one

  • Futfanatic
    12939 posts Has That Special Something
    Prob like many, my team is fairly settled. I have effectively an untradeable PL defence & keeper, while my mid and attack is Serie A.

    I can’t see how getting a La Liga TOTS (aside the best 4/5) would benefit me in the slightest.

    Same applies to Ligue 1 and the Bundes. I have enough ‘super subs’ so even packing a fairly decent TOTS would be a waste.

    I think I’ll end up selling my tradeable TOTS investments and keep any untradeable TOTS I pick up for Serie A. The money I’ll save not doing the La Liga etc ones can be used to buy a decent Serie A player.

    Anyone else came to the same conclusion or you’re having a punt regardless?

    When you have a shot at Ramos, Ronaldo, Griezmann, Messi, & Suarez, you take it. There will be plenty more easy to get tots cards via dkt/objectives, and they are highrated, making the rest of the sbc fairly cheap if you prepare. Worst comes to worst, you’ll have a bunch of highrated untradables to chuck into an icon sbc.
  • GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    I'm not doing any more of them either. I use a Prem team so doing the prm one was a no brainer as they'd pretty much all have got a spot in my team other than Pope. With the other leagues though, the amount of cards that work for me is drastically reduced. I've used up all my red cards and untradeables too, as well as my objective TOTS, so would be throwing at least 100k at each attempt. By doing that 2 times for La Liga, Bundes, Calcio A and Ligue 1 would add up to a TOTS Son or something.
  • Safehands84
    3487 posts National Call-Up
    I’m doing them because surely my luck has to change. Pope twice, and last night had 28 decent gold packs from premium gold up to 2 100ks and got one discard totw
  • Batman442
    3767 posts National Call-Up
    Always room for super subs
  • Retro_G
    29054 posts Player of the Year
    I'm just doing one on Sunday with all the untradeables I pulled from the useless PL upgrade packs. Ronaldo, Messi, Ramos, Suarez are the only players that I'd use, I'll be selling up soon, just sitting on my coins for World Cup mode. I'm not doing any of the other league's, can't see myself coming back to normal fut after WC.
  • freakjas
    5910 posts Big Money Move
    With all these weekly objectives and dkt tots you gotta go for it.
    Basically costs 15k to complete plus you have a possibility to get a big boy
  • Gorda
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    Its worth 50k for me to gamble for one Of the big boys if you get a bad one its still a highrated card to chuck in a Sbc.
  • ZizioGardo
    1394 posts Professional
    Gorda wrote: »
    Its worth 50k for me to gamble for one Of the big boys if you get a bad one its still a highrated card to chuck in a Sbc.

    I'd say it depends on how many coins you got. If you only have 200K, then probably not, but if you have a few milions, then sure. Go for it.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    It’s so stupidly cheap that I can’t justify NOT doing it, to be honest.
  • BeastlyHusla
    2775 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't see any reason not to do it unless youre skint and don't have any tots players to trade. The lowest rated player is 91..
  • JohnDoe
    11273 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't see any reason not to do it unless youre skint and don't have any tots players to trade. The lowest rated player is 91..

    90, but I agree with your point.
  • BeastlyHusla
    2775 posts Fans' Favourite
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Don't see any reason not to do it unless youre skint and don't have any tots players to trade. The lowest rated player is 91..

    90, but I agree with your point.

    my bad, forgot lucas hernandez was in.
  • JohnDoe
    11273 posts Has That Special Something
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Don't see any reason not to do it unless youre skint and don't have any tots players to trade. The lowest rated player is 91..

    90, but I agree with your point.

    my bad, forgot lucas hernandez was in.

    He’s still very decent looking, would make one heck of a CB.
  • BeastlyHusla
    2775 posts Fans' Favourite
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Don't see any reason not to do it unless youre skint and don't have any tots players to trade. The lowest rated player is 91..

    90, but I agree with your point.

    my bad, forgot lucas hernandez was in.

    He’s still very decent looking, would make one heck of a CB.

    I was thinking he'd have been a CB over LB as only recently been playing as LB
  • JohnDoe
    11273 posts Has That Special Something
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Don't see any reason not to do it unless youre skint and don't have any tots players to trade. The lowest rated player is 91..

    90, but I agree with your point.

    my bad, forgot lucas hernandez was in.

    He’s still very decent looking, would make one heck of a CB.

    I was thinking he'd have been a CB over LB as only recently been playing as LB

    He played 17 matches at LB and 8 at CB. EA made the right call. I just can’t understand the inclusion of Felipe Luis, who has 18 matches in La Liga.

    Also, EA would have never given him such a massive boost if he were a CB.
  • CharlieC
    6677 posts Big Money Move
    It’s a no brainer even if you don’t have a La Liga team.
  • rnmays1
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    Same. I never use la liga teams and the only cards I would want are rodrigo, aspas, guedes and griezmann
  • Futfanatic
    12939 posts Has That Special Something
    rnmays1 wrote: »
    Same. I never use la liga teams and the only cards I would want are rodrigo, aspas, guedes and griezmann

    Pfff that Tots Ronaldo is going back in Tuesday for another shot at Aspas then!
  • DrMac95
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    rnmays1 wrote: »
    Same. I never use la liga teams and the only cards I would want are rodrigo, aspas, guedes and griezmann

    Biggest lie I’ve ever heard, 10/10 would take ronny or messi
  • DadBod
    6296 posts Big Money Move
    A chance to get ronaldo, messi or griezmann? 100% i will do the sbc..

    It is your loss OP
  • aceofknaves73
    954 posts Professional
    I wont be doing any either. However...
    I did x2 prem tots sbcs and packed lukaku and kane. The problem is that i had a settled front 2 (shev and kaka). Ive tried and tried to get on with both lukaku and kane but i just cant get away with them either together or with one of my strikers.

    I dunno what to do!
  • Shutup
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    Another chance to trade in TOTS Pope? Yes pls
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Imagine opening the La Liga SBC and Pope pops out to troll even more lmao.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14542 posts Has That Special Something
    dunno why u wouldn't do it, it's at least a 90 rated tots fodder, and a chance at Messi, come on man it's gotta be worth it
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    Worth the gamble for Messi/Ronaldo at this stage of the game, with all the untradable TOTS cards that have been available to get it costs about 30k. Would be silly not to have go imo.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Players that are actually endgame:

    Rodrigo
    Messi
    Griezmann
    Suarez
    Ronaldo
    Alba
    Ramos



    Pretty good imo, not to mention all the extremely playable cards
  • BeastlyHusla
    2775 posts Fans' Favourite
    Id be fine with any player going through the middle. Personally havent used LaLiga this year, mainly BPL and Serie A.

    Don't want any keepers or Wingers.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    As long as I don't get any keepers I'm actually really hapoy, maybe Biscuits would annoy me too. But all the other cards especially Kroos and Guedes look incredible. Kroos with a pace boost would be useable.
Sign In or Register to comment.