Formation crisis

Antparry92
17541 posts World Class
Just seem to be going through a hell of a slump in form today. Players not making runs, formations feeling static no matter what I do.

Tried 4-4-2 (crap)
3-5-2 (changed my MLS to 4-2-3-1 in the end)
4-1-2-1-2 (Porto squad couldn’t even pass wind if they tried at the moment)

Comments

  • YOLOT0URE
    6949 posts Big Money Move
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Just seem to be going through a hell of a slump in form today. Players not making runs, formations feeling static no matter what I do.

    Tried 4-4-2 (****)
    3-5-2 (changed my MLS to 4-2-3-1 in the end)
    4-1-2-1-2 (Porto squad couldn’t even pass wind if they tried at the moment)

    There’s your problems
  • MattDaddy V1
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    Have had the same problem the last couple of days. One formation works for one team but plays awful for another team. Been trying to find a formation to use TOTS Sonaldo in but I just can't find one. Problem is my go to formations are a 4231 and 442 and I can't seem to get them to click. Think I've been through every formation and I always find the negatives but never any positives.
  • Antparry92
    17541 posts World Class
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Just seem to be going through a hell of a slump in form today. Players not making runs, formations feeling static no matter what I do.

    Tried 4-4-2 (****)
    3-5-2 (changed my MLS to 4-2-3-1 in the end)
    4-1-2-1-2 (Porto squad couldn’t even pass wind if they tried at the moment)

    There’s your problems

    I know most teams are stacked but it can’t just be that?

    I had NIF Fellaini last game keep up with my EoE Kaka in a sprint :joy:
  • RebelRob
    5022 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2018
    That will always happen no matter what form i reckon, the players seeming static for some games.

    Try 41212-2. Get a decent cdm on stay back, decent cam on get into the box, 2 well rounded cm's, one get forward the other stay back, and go from there.

    Therehas to be a reason a lot of people use this formation! It can struggle against wider forms unless you play high pressure, but is more than solid enough with decent players in the side.

    Edit* post pictures of your teams, as someone may be able to sugges minor changes to help improve it.
  • YOLOT0URE
    6949 posts Big Money Move
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Just seem to be going through a hell of a slump in form today. Players not making runs, formations feeling static no matter what I do.

    Tried 4-4-2 (****)
    3-5-2 (changed my MLS to 4-2-3-1 in the end)
    4-1-2-1-2 (Porto squad couldn’t even pass wind if they tried at the moment)

    There’s your problems

    I know most teams are stacked but it can’t just be that?

    I had NIF Fellaini last game keep up with my EoE Kaka in a sprint :joy:

    I mean, just swap ingame until you find your mojo. I always said in the SB thread that having a back up form was key
  • SherDogg
    424 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its the connection to the servers mate. Just quit out of fifa and login again. It happens when the servers are loaded or you have a bad connection to the server. Green latency means nothing nowadays. :neutral:
  • Antparry92
    17541 posts World Class
    Will throw a few pics up in a bit
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    SherDogg wrote: »
    Its the connection to the servers mate. Just quit out of fifa and login again. It happens when the servers are loaded or you have a bad connection to the server. Green latency means nothing nowadays. :neutral:

    truly has been awful the last few days if not longer.

    @Antparry92 try 4411 if you didn't get on with 442 or 4231. Its similar to both, but EoE Kaka at CF is masterclass
  • Antparry92
    17541 posts World Class
    edited May 2018
    All of the Porto IF’s will be gone tonight. They’re not worth the upgrade really bar Aboubakar. Brahimi is also quite good as well in fairness
    4df4ca6745a5c17a97d3970bce193b07.jpg

    This is what my team looks like IG. I have every specia MLS card apart from Zlatan that I’m waiting for the AS (could get his IF but will wait)
    374c6253868b3d302227ac9afa65c441.jpg

    And finally the Prem side which was an experiment to try out 4-4-2 and use we up that loan Giroud that was annoying me in my club. This is the one I’m looking to change. Probably will dump Young and Pope in to La Liga TOTs tonight
    d9a5d582bbc1f2c320e1bf521823a8ba.jpg
  • Paciga45
    3546 posts National Call-Up
    It’s not the formations. Those teams are just not very good at this point in the game
  • Knowlesdinho
    10162 posts Has That Special Something
    Paciga45 wrote: »
    It’s not the formations. Those teams are just not very good at this point in the game

    They are fun though.
  • RebelRob
    5022 posts Big Money Move
    Paciga45 wrote: »
    It’s not the formations. Those teams are just not very good at this point in the game

    They are fun though.

    I think that's the problem here. They are most likely fun, but 99/100 games you play will be against people with far better squads at this point of the game, and even those will average squads will have all meta players, play high pressure and sprint the whole game.

    Get be this a go with your prem squad. 41212-2

    Salah giroud
    Jesus
    Martial henderson
    Bakayoko
    Same back line

    Salah get in behind
    Jesus stay forward
    Hendo stay back while attacking
    Baka stay back while attacking.

  • Davisto
    6139 posts Big Money Move
    Horrible when that happens switched to 3412/3421 and haven’t looked back
  • Antparry92
    17541 posts World Class
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Paciga45 wrote: »
    It’s not the formations. Those teams are just not very good at this point in the game

    They are fun though.

    I think that's the problem here. They are most likely fun, but 99/100 games you play will be against people with far better squads at this point of the game, and even those will average squads will have all meta players, play high pressure and sprint the whole game.

    Get be this a go with your prem squad. 41212-2

    Salah giroud
    Jesus
    Martial henderson
    Bakayoko
    Same back line

    Salah get in behind
    Jesus stay forward
    Hendo stay back while attacking
    Baka stay back while attacking.

    I’ll give that a crack later if I get on before the la Liga TOTS otherwise they’ll have gone in to one of those SBC’s haha
  • Antparry92
    17541 posts World Class
    Paciga45 wrote: »
    It’s not the formations. Those teams are just not very good at this point in the game

    They are fun though.
    Always torn between this every year. Usually just stick to ‘fun’ players and players/leagues I watch etc

  • lf2009
    2209 posts Fans' Favourite
    After still not finding a formation i can use all the time ive realised i have to base my formation off what my oppo is playing.

    I use the same players but itll either be 4222, 442, 451 (2), 41212 depending on what im up agaisnt

    451 (2) with the two cams and wide mids if just great against most but agaisnt a good attacker can leave you vulnerable
Sign In or Register to comment.