The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Prime Ronaldo Feels Slow

Enigma8784
1823 posts Play-Off Hero
Chaps

Anyone else feel Prime Ronaldo feels slow? He has 96 pace but he doesn’t feel fast at all.

Don’t get me wrong he’s brilliant at finishing but he doesn’t seem to get away from players very easily. Is this agility?

What chem style do people use on him I have engine currently

Comments

• Nervous_Nick
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    chem style won't change it. I have engine too, and that's the best for him. He's a brilliant player but his 97 acceleration 97 sprint stats are a bit of a lie.

• Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    chem style won't change it. I have engine too, and that's the best for him. He's a brilliant player but his 97 acceleration 97 sprint stats are a bit of a lie.

Yeah that’s what I thought. He plays like Ronaldo in his later career still amazing but just lost that yard of space he used to make. Thanks
  • Rossco160715
    2155 posts Fans' Favourite
    Whilst deadly, people like Ake outpace and outmuscle him. It’s insanely inaccurate.
  • yogibear
    1370 posts Professional
    My Prime Henry outpaces prime R9 by THAT much. Seemed to help a bit by going hawk instead of basic chem style tho, but still doesn't feel like 97 pace.
  • BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional
    edited May 2018

A bit of a lie - understatement of the year mate. I had TOTY Kane before I put it all into R9 and he felt no slower. #r9primefraudgate #willtherealr9pleasestandup
  • ha032742
    36359 posts Moderator
    Think part of the issue also is that he comes up against defenders like TOTY Ramos, prime Maldini, Desailly etc. a lot more who are quite spritely themselves and with a chem card supposedly have over 90 pace.
  • Smiley_Utd
    1829 posts Play-Off Hero
    I agree with this!
  • Nervous_Nick
    When i used his 5 games loan card at the beginning of the game, he was a MUCH faster player.
    Ok there are faster defenders in the game right now compares to october, but he just feels different.
    And it's not just a body type thing, because there are taller strikers who are faster than him.
    He's still brilliant in the box, almost any shot goes in....but 97 pace ??? according to his stats, he should be one of the fastest strikers in the game, but he's clearly not.

• LiamSully
    6864 posts Big Money Move
    When i used his 5 games loan card at the beginning of the game, he was a MUCH faster player.
    Ok there are faster defenders in the game right now compares to october, but he just feels different.
    And it's not just a body type thing, because there are taller strikers who are faster than him.
    He's still brilliant in the box, almost any shot goes in....but 97 pace ??? according to his stats, he should be one of the fastest strikers in the game, but he's clearly not.

This is true

I used my loan R9 for 1 game, the dko final on early release, before getting prime R9 from SBC, then used him a few times again to compare

I’ve played 400 games with SBC R9, not once has he been as fast as his loan card
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    There has been quite much moaning about R9 and his pace. It's one of the reasons why I've been using different ST versions of CR7 at ST.

I mean, CR7 at LF and R9 at ST sounds sick, but I have Prime Ronaldinho already who is one of the most entertaining cards for me in this game. :)

I can live without R9, he never was my favourites anyway.
  • Idek
    12874 posts Has That Special Something
    About to finally finish R9 later today, the few complaints I've heard about him worry me because it always seems to be the same issues brought up from a lot of different people now
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    Idek wrote: »
    About to finally finish R9 later today, the few complaints I've heard about him worry me because it always seems to be the same issues brought up from a lot of different people now

Not just me then at least. He is amazing has a goal a game for me but sometimes lacks that get in behind ability to just burst through on goal.
  • LiamSully
    6864 posts Big Money Move

It’s not like he’s bad, he’s just not as fast or as strong as you think he should be

When you see the stats and you remember him, your expecting Akinfenwas strength, messis dribbling, and better finishing than anyone, he’s not quite there except the finishing imo

I’m still over a goal a game after 400 games, only play offline for an objective
  • limjitwe
    7461 posts League Winner
    LiamSully wrote: »

It’s not like he’s bad, he’s just not as fast or as strong as you think he should be

When you see the stats and you remember him, your expecting Akinfenwas strength, messis dribbling, and better finishing than anyone, he’s not quite there except the finishing imo

I’m still over a goal a game after 400 games, only play offline for an objective

He’s very strong IMO. He’s fast without the ball IMO but he’s not as fast with the ball at his feet. Sounds strange but that’s the best I can explain it.
  • Tennster10
    2118 posts Fans' Favourite
    limjitwe wrote: »
    LiamSully wrote: »

He’s very strong IMO. He’s fast without the ball IMO but he’s not as fast with the ball at his feet. Sounds strange but that’s the best I can explain it.

Feel the same
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    He's not slow man
  • CovLee_Candice
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    Miss speed dribbling traits
  • Rossco160715
    2155 posts Fans' Favourite
    It’s absolutely nothing like Ronaldo in real life, that’s my main gripe.

People didn’t barge Ronaldo into the stands with a shoulder tackle. He was an absolute tank and one of the most aggressive and powerful strikers in memory, whilst also being lightening fast. The developers of this game have clearly never seen Ronaldo play, which is a shame.
  • Nervous_Nick
    He's not slow man

not slow, but not as fast as he should be according to his stats.
  • Delboy13710
    6295 posts Big Money Move
    The 94 feels better then the prime IMO so much stronger
  • Amdp9
    4200 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2018

He is a great striker I would say one of the best out of all
  • Amdp9
    4200 posts National Call-Up
    He is fast when you need him to be when comes to through balls you can have him run though the defense in no time, you might wanna play with his instructions
  • Imtnt
    4885 posts Big Money Move
    He is not slow.. maybe you didnt notice the card starts the attack from behind, and will need you to think better than rush. But he is extra fast
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    He is a absolute beast but he isnt winning me rames like CR7 did.
  • topnik
    923 posts Professional
    He is a absolute beast but he isnt winning me rames like CR7 did.

CR7 outperforms him by a margin. Not only pace, his balance feels lower than Cristiano and I will never understand why he pushes the ball when receiving. M/M doesn't do him good either. He is a great goalscorer tho but that's it. Expected much, much more...
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    I had his loan card unused right up until I completed his prime card. Played out his loan card first before using my SBC one, and I could almost swear on he felt quicker off his mark with loan card.
    My SBC one takes forever to accelerate for someone that has 97 acc, stat is really a lie
  • Muradbey
    64 posts Park Captain
    I think the reason is that he is missing many traits including the speed dribbling trait. It's a shame that game is at the 3/4 of its life cycle and many prime icons still missing important traits
  • Maghau
    80 posts Park Captain

There's no reason to worry, he's the best striker in the game unless your play style only consist of pace whoring
  • Java
    873 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2018
    I think EA does it on purpose and the first 100 games with a player are the ones where they have their real stats. After that, its like EA downgrades them to get you to buy other players. My R9 used to turn faster than Messi and now he feels very average. His shooting is still insane, but he can't dribble anymore!

I played against a R9 today in the WL and he was extremely quick to run and turn, and the guy had his gotten him. There is definitely something weird going on...all players in the game become worse after you have 200+ games on them
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    I have over 300 games with him so far, and I agree tbh, plus feels clunky at times although marksman helped.
    However I have a theory that what if chemistry styles do work to their full amount? Ake with shadow or bailly etc would then be fast as him as you cant really upgrade his pace.
    What do you guys think of that?