OT: Wisdom Teeth

uhMaZiiNq
11579 posts Has That Special Something
Pretty sure I need to get mine removed for sure. Was told by the dentist a while ago that I should go and have an oral surgeon look but never did. Just wondering what kind of experience it is because honestly I'm terrified of this kind of stuff.

Comments

• Shaanxz
    20476 posts Club Captain
    edited May 2018
    You gonna die dawg, should be fine it’s a common procedure
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    If they’ve grown in, you’ll be fine. If they have to cut your gums, GG
  • Carlos181
    3810 posts National Call-Up
    Just had my right two pulled 3 weeks ago.

Recommend getting them all taken out at the same time. Recovery sucks for the first 2 days, then after that everything is fine. Once stitches are out, then you’ll be fine.
  • uhMaZiiNq

One of them I can see coming out but just the one.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20896 posts Club Captain
    Got all four taken out without going under, honestly not bad other than hearing them saw and break off the pieces :joy:
  • Carswell
    8268 posts League Winner
    First couple of days were miserable for me. Make sure you flush the pockets out and also rinse your mouth with salt water.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20896 posts Club Captain
    Carswell wrote: »
    First couple of days were miserable for me. Make sure you flush the pockets out and also rinse your mouth with salt water.

This too, the recovery was more annoying than the procedure.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move

One of them I can see coming out but just the one.

They’ll probably give you a bunch of strong painkillers so I wouldn’t worry too much, at least that’s what they gave my brother when he got his removed
  • Carlos181
    3810 posts National Call-Up
    Got all four taken out without going under, honestly not bad other than hearing them saw and break off the pieces :joy:

This. Just watching them do it made me super nervous and made me sweat like crazy. Even if there was no pain :lol:
  • uhMaZiiNq

:bawling:
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20896 posts Club Captain
    Carlos181 wrote: »

This. Just watching them do it made me super nervous and made me sweat like crazy. Even if there was no pain :lol:

The surgeon talked to me the whole time as well :lol:
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Carlos181 wrote: »

That would probably be bad for me lol anxiety would settle in for sure
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4004 posts National Call-Up
    had two out the same day a couple of years ago..i was knocked out..when I woke up I was in this recovery room for about five minutes and next to me was this woman laughing all the time ...I asked her what was so funny and she said just had five teeth out.lol
    the drugs had clearly had an interesting affect on the poor woman :D
  • NornIron
    11341 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2018
    I have one that's getting annoying looking at pictures its Partial Erupt '' as in part of it is still covered by the gum''.
  • DoctorRob
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect

Had the same experience, really not bad at all. Word of wisdom, put a dry teabag on top of each socket for the first 24 hours or so, helps with healing and preventing dry socket, had a bunch of friends try this with me and worked really well.
  • iitalic
    1739 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would go under if u have the choice. I had mine taken out in the morning, about 5 hours later I was back to normal
  • uhMaZiiNq
    iitalic wrote: »
    I would go under if u have the choice. I had mine taken out in the morning, about 5 hours later I was back to normal

Really feel like I would have to. If I was awake through it I would probably just be freaking mentally the whole time
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17237 posts World Class
    I had both of my bottoms ones taken out and it wasn't bad at all. Hear a lot of horror stories about it but mine was fine

I never went under just had anaesthetic in ma gums
  • Knowlesdinho
    10494 posts Has That Special Something
    The thought of these things is often worse than the procedure.

I’ve had quite a lot of dental work due to having my jaw broken in 2 places. I used to be terrified of going to the dentist, but after that it doesn’t bother me now. As long as you have a good dentist, you’ll be fine!
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31868 posts National Team Captain
    I’ve had 4 pulled and 1 partial while I was in the military. It’s really not that bad. I’ve got a high tolerance for pain, so as soon as they were done with the procedure, (I don’t think they used enough asaesthetic to keep me under), I hopped up and was pretty much good to go. My friend drove us back to the dorm and I was alert the whole time. I took all my meds the first day per instructions. Didn’t take the Oxy anymore after that because I didn’t have any pain. The only pain I had was for the first 10-15 Minutes after eating something for a few days and that was in.

ultimately depends on your pain tolerance imo. And make sure you clean the sockets out properly so you don’t end up with an infection or dry sockets.
  • RadioShaq
    15081 posts Moderator
    If you don’t go under you recover faster.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    The sounds are worse than the pain.
  • mjs4p
    11092 posts Has That Special Something
    Not too bad when I had it done. The biggest annoyance was that it was tough to eat for a few days, but no big deal overall.
  • arsenalap
    5072 posts Big Money Move
    I need to have mine out in the next month. I've had 2 tumour removing major surgeries so i'm really hoping this won't be as bad.

But I tell you what, the most painful pain to me is toothache. You just can't shift it, and it is so so frustrating.
  • Ulook92
    12786 posts Has That Special Something
    One side has been slowly coming through for years, only occasionally causing a bit of pain. The other side hasnt even broke through my gums. Is that weird?
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    One side has been slowly coming through for years, only occasionally causing a bit of pain. The other side hasnt even broke through my gums. Is that weird?

No, mine took years and only bothered me every now and again.
  • Ulook92
    12786 posts Has That Special Something

No, mine took years and only bothered me every now and again.

i.mean the only one side coming through. I can only imagine what its like when theyre coning through fast cause the pain can be bad when it comes on.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4004 posts National Call-Up
    wisdow teeth could give you pain like never before if they don't come out easy or break..your only out for a matter of minutes anyway
  • uhMaZiiNq

Exactly what I'm going through right now. It's only on the right side on the bottom. I have a canker sore right next to it on the side so that honestly might be the main source of discomfort but regardless I can still see it coming in
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    The best method is to use a chisel and pry it out yourself.

You will just get stuck in the dentist health cycle if you go.