OT: So who is gonna buy one? XBOX One Gaming prioritized!!

LuckyStrikE
3484 posts National Call-Up
The new WRT32XB Router from Linksys will prioritize XBOX gaming device over all others on your network. Who is die hard enough to get one?

https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/08/linksys-router-xbox-one-gaming-available/

Comments

• ORANGEeffect05
    25479 posts Player of the Year
    Prob the Doritos and mountain dew crew
  • LuckyStrikE

lol
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32987 posts National Team Captain
    Most quality routers allow you to priority any device you want.
  • SlipperyPeople3
    1065 posts Professional
    Most quality routers allow you to priority any device you want.

• Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    I don't even know what you guys mean with prioritize your device over all others..
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    Santiago wrote: »
    I don't even know what you guys mean with prioritize your device over all others..

I get the principal and why (assuming it's to minimise leg etc), but how it's done is black magic to me!
  • LuckyStrikE
    Well they worked with the XBOX team on this one to optimize for XBOX and pc gaming
  • Azof
    17880 posts World Class
    Well they worked with the XBOX team on this one to optimize for XBOX and pc gaming

Ive got some lovely snake oil wanna buy some
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Azof wrote: »

:joy:
  • lad33
    402 posts Sunday League Hero

• WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something

Real Mexican Toredo chips son
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    The reviews on this thing is not great haha. You’re better off going with one of the Nighthawk series routers. I know I’m planning on picking up the nighthawk xr500
  • LuckyStrikE
    The reviews on this thing is not great haha. You’re better off going with one of the Nighthawk series routers. I know I’m planning on picking up the nighthawk xr500

I heard they are great!!
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    No I like to make my opponents lag as much as possible
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited May 2018

I heard they are great!!

Lol. I’m not trying to discourage you from buying it, I’ve just read some reviews on a few tech sites I go on daily and the reviews are underwhelming for a product that’s only just been released.

You could spend less money, google how to set your router up if you’re not networking savvy and have similar results. Like I said most quality routers have options for you to do what it’s offering, they only difference is that this makes it easier.
  • Fab
    19470 posts World Class

Word
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12112 posts Has That Special Something

I heard they are great!!

Lol. I’m not trying to discourage you from buying it, I’ve just read some reviews on a few tech sites I go on daily and the reviews are underwhelming for a product that’s only just been released.

You could spend less money, google how to set your router up if you’re not networking savvy and have similar results. Like I said most quality routers have options for you to do what it’s offering, they only difference is that this makes it easier.

No idea if you'll know the answer but are you familiar with Comcast? I have this 2 in 1 thing from them that's the modem and router and I'm hard wired to my Xbox but whenever say my brother updates something on his xbox my end gets insane lag. Wondering if I can do that prioritize thing
  • XxRichiexRichxX

I heard they are great!!

No idea if you'll know the answer but are you familiar with Comcast? I have this 2 in 1 thing from them that's the modem and router and I'm hard wired to my Xbox but whenever say my brother updates something on his xbox my end gets insane lag. Wondering if I can do that prioritize thing

The first thing I’ll say is router/modem combos are generally terrible, they don’t usually divert speeds correctly or evenly. Typically they are similar to a first come first serve type basis. I’d recommend buying a separate good router, and bridge the modem to the router.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12112 posts Has That Special Something

I heard they are great!!

The first thing I’ll say is router/modem combos are generally terrible, they don’t usually divert speeds correctly or evenly. Typically they are similar to a first come first serve type basis. I’d recommend buying a separate good router, and bridge the modem to the router.

I'll have to look into that then. Figured it was the router since my internet speeds aren't bad at all
  • XxRichiexRichxX

I heard they are great!!

I'll have to look into that then. Figured it was the router since my internet speeds aren't bad at all

Yeah, I don't know much about Comcast other than what I hear, but I do know Modem/Router 2 in 1 combo's are terrible. If you bridge the modem, it'll act as a standard modem. The only reason I have a 2 in 1 is just in case my router ever dies. Like I said, I'd recommend buying a good quality router that distributes bandwidth appropriately, and then go into your modem settings and bridge it.