Sonaldo - Is he better or worse than his 2POTM last year?

Absting159
6697 posts Moderator
edited May 2018
He was my #1 that I wanted from the TOTS; but since I got Mahrez, now I'm looking to maybe adding Dele or waiting for the other leagues.

How do you rate Sonaldo this year vs. his 2POTM from last year?

Sonaldo - Is he better or worse than his 2POTM last year? 66 votes

Better
42%
EddieFicioOrisonHumma78Mathew1606Muzza11WFCBagnallTwoZebrasROCKNROLLA Frugo77 ScouserChrisRucciROABSCantona84CovLee_CandiceiflynnoCarlos181Phil0501BaseCampSadioManVflagship 28 votes
Same
21%
Agent MurhawkBenzP7MaverickAddicksfanFC MaexlelukelymBlakeeeeeeeeZameenanCurriemanmggege17ScruffyDogBurgerXxcdhxxx1N2itionElatedKarnage 14 votes
Worse - not worth it unless you pack him for free.
36%
LeonidasJBDOMinantrckstrRK94PMr. SoperPangolinREDUNITED3JohnDoeAnythingadam142HenstockRolls-reus96FootyFootyFootballLavezziRetro_GheefmondoJs734n2j2000King_BoontaiKoolfashion 24 votes

Comments

• illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Two games with him and he seems good, but he doesn’t seem as lethal as that 2POTM from last year. For some reason his first touch has been a bit disappointing for me so far also. I’ll need to play a few more games with him to make an accurate judgement, though.
  • Orison
    47744 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Better
    That SPOTM last year was average.

Game mechanics fit him better this year. Workrates ruined him last year.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Very interested to see the result of this.
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    Better
    Very interested to see the result of this.

• Absting159
    6697 posts Moderator
    edited May 2018
    I have 600k sitting and a full trade pile of 84s - obv one more chance to pack him tomorrow but I've seen both up and down remarks. With Mahrez - its not exactly the same stats but he has 5* skills so I've got a pacey "wing" that I could put at forward on 7chem. Mahrez is also lefty.

Just made me rethink dropping the majority of my liquid coins. I did think the 87 was pretty solid though. . .
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    Better
    Absting159 wrote: »
    I have 600k sitting and a full trade pile of 84s - obv one more chance to pack him tomorrow but I've seen both up and down remarks. With Mahrez - its not exactly the same stats but he has 5* skills so I've got a pacey "wing" that I could put at forward on 7chem. Mahrez is also lefty.

Just made me rethink dropping the majority of my liquid coins. I did think the 87 was pretty solid though. . .

to be honest with the stat boost they gave him hes better than gold cr7, and reviews ive heard have been pretty good tbh
  • JRD
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I didn't use last years but bought this one at the weekend

23 games, 21 goals and 16 assists so far and I'm not usually a prolific scorer. I've got him, Gullit and Sbc De Bruyne and keep having to remind myself that I can get the ball into the box before
    shooting occasionally
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Favourable response so far.

@Orison @EddieFicio @TwoZebras (and any others) ... what would you say is a fair price then for the card, in context to where the market is at the moment?

Lowest I've seen is 640k (2 days back) and hovering around the 670k mark. Is that fair value, as I don't think he'll drop that much with the next SBC?
  • Retro_G
    28222 posts Player of the Year
    edited May 2018
    It wouldn't say he isn't worth it, Son is still an amazing card. It's nearly the same as last year's version. He has less strength and everthing else is just as OP.
  • MikeyP_FC
    12957 posts Has That Special Something
    Haven’t used him yet but will soon. His lowest was 590-600 pre Sunday SBC
  • Humma78
    2235 posts Fans' Favourite
    Better
    Paid 730 and don't regret it for a minute. Scores from anywhere when you don't expect it! An Elite level card.
  • VanBasten12
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    Haven’t used him yet but will soon. His lowest was 590-600 pre Sunday SBC

Ah ... good to know - was not tracking him at that point.
  • Blakeeeeeeee
    1260 posts Professional
    Same
    Full disclosure, I voted same as I wanted to see the results, I haven't used him.

However, I have played him this year and he's amazing.
  • Orison
    Better

@Orison @EddieFicio @TwoZebras (and any others) ... what would you say is a fair price then for the card, in context to where the market is at the moment?

Lowest I've seen is 640k (2 days back) and hovering around the 670k mark. Is that fair value, as I don't think he'll drop that much with the next SBC?

Couldn’t care less tbh. If you want value for money you buy Martial for 2k or so, because Son won't ever do 200x as much.

I paid 770k on Friday, sold for 690 Saturday night and bought him back for 620 Sunday during the day.

Everything less than NIF CR7 is fine imo as that card is his main competitor.
  • VanBasten12
    Orison wrote: »

Couldn’t care less tbh. If you want value for money you buy Martial for 2k or so, because Son won't ever do 200x as much.

I paid 770k on Friday, sold for 690 Saturday night and bought him back for 620 Sunday during the day.

Yeah ... that's exactly what I wanted ... a comparison for Martial FFS :lol:
  • caedite
    487 posts Sunday League Hero
    Better
    Just don’t listen to the people who voted without trying the card! Buy it.
  • Koolfashion
    2573 posts Fans' Favourite
    From what I remember, 2POTM Son last year was kinda strong. Tots Son is weaker than freaking Tots Mahrez. Makes no sense, but this is how it looks for me.

• Orison
    Better

I mean you can't ask for value for money as technically no special card is value for money :D I think Son is well worth it, all year I said that prime Henry's price is just dumb, but that's my personal opinion, for others Henry was worth it. But no card above 10k represents true value for money.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4121 posts National Call-Up
    From what I remember, 2POTM Son last year was kinda strong. Tots Son is weaker than freaking Tots Mahrez. Makes no sense, but this is how it looks for me.

This is why I stuck Architect on him. goes up to 94 Strength and is just an absolute animal.
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    Better
    Tbh I got him for free so I've no idea about his value :D

However after using him for 20+ games I'd definitely pay whatever his current price is. Complete game changer.

Two strikers with 5* wf is the best @Orison
  • VanBasten12

I mean you can't ask for value for money as technically no special card is value for money :D I think Son is well worth it, all year I said that prime Henry's price is just dumb, but that's my personal opinion, for others Henry was worth it. But no card above 10k represents true value for money.

I get what you're saying. At times very few special cards are worth it. Ofc the likes of TIF De Ligt is good value at 35k at present - thanks to TOTS only though. There are some exceptions.

My comment was specific to "in context to where the market is at the moment" & "fair value". So, Aguero is 1.5M+ ... that's steep - SBC Henry / Maradona levels (after pack returns ofc).

Seems like Son is therefore looking worthwhile for that price. No real Icons in his level, for that price.
  • VanBasten12
    TwoZebras wrote: »
    Tbh I got him for free so I've no idea about his value :D

However after using him for 20+ games I'd definitely pay whatever his current price is. Complete game changer.

Two strikers with 5* wf is the best @Orison

Thanks mate - good answer.
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3304 posts National Call-Up
    Same
    Full disclosure, I voted same as I wanted to see the results, I haven't used him.

• CovLee_Candice
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    Better
    Better. Just got destroyed by him :'(
  • Rb10119
    1846 posts Play-Off Hero
    Better
    Never leaving my team
  • King_Boontai
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    So much worse IMO.
  • Orison
    Better
    I wonder how many of those 50 people who voted actually used him :D
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    I wonder how many of those 50 people who voted actually used him :D

At least a quater.
  • Addicksfan
    3245 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2018
    Same
    Didn't have his 2POTM last year so went neutral on my vote, had his 1st. I would find it difficult to see how the 2POTM can be anywhere near his TOTS card. It is simply insane.......I do agree that he does miss the odd sitter but that I think could be down to delay/connection....if I have smooth gameplay he scores......

Plus your a Spurs fan, it should be a no brainer for you....
  • Maverick
    4779 posts National Call-Up
    Same
    Feels about the same to me tbh