10 BPL Player packs pay off...

D3ATHSQUAD
2984 posts National Call-Up
Hadn't touched FIFA because I was out of town all weekend... Returned home and was looking at building in some TOTS EPL players. While away I did the EPL TOTS SBC and pulled myself a 90 Sadio Mane.

I had prided myself on not spending a dime on the game this year (other than buying the game) and had gotten to this point with a great club (six icons, 2M+ coins, etc...) but when I saw the 10 promo packs in the store I was like "Eh - it's almost midnight, maybe I'll get lucky..." so I dropped about $35 (US) on 4600 FIFA points so I could buy the ten packs that were 400 points apiece.

The last seven or eight packs were horrendous but in my first pack I managed a 92 Son and a 90 Young in the same pack - which was amazing also as those were two I was going to try to get in a squad anyways. Then I opened the second pack and out comes 93 Sterling... BOOM.

So thank you EA... I was going to buy a RM, LM, two Strikers and a LB to make an EPL / Icon Hybrid squad and you gave me all of that except for one Striker. With that savings I have the coins to get Aguero instead of a more budget option like Kane and/or Lukaku.

YgrH9dl.jpg

Comments

• ForestGrump70
    808 posts Semi-Pro
    I enjoyed that story.
  • LiamSully
    6004 posts Big Money Move
    :cookie:
  • CharlieC
    6134 posts Big Money Move
    I’m not being funny but if you opened the first pack and got two TOTS players and good ones at that, why bother carrying on??
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    CharlieC wrote: »
    I’m not being funny but if you opened the first pack and got two TOTS players and good ones at that, why bother carrying on??

Already had dropped the cash on points to do all 10 packs so just continued on with it...
  • CeeQue
    10784 posts Has That Special Something
    I enjoyed that story.

:+1: with a happy ending
  • CharlieC
    6134 posts Big Money Move
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    CharlieC wrote: »

Already had dropped the cash on points to do all 10 packs so just continued on with it...

Fair enough. I think I would’ve thought I’ve been lucky there and saved them for Ultimate TOTS or WC.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    Good story, but now you'll feel enticed to open more, and you'll have lost the pride of having not spent.

No offense of course - Very happy for your good return.
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1192 posts Professional
    Its almost like EA want you to open more packs...
  • Ck2201
    59 posts Park Captain
    Great pulls. Wished I could get alittle bit of luck with my pack openings .

Just 1 icon would make me a very happy chappy . But alittle bit of me would rather it come at the start of fifa 19 now lol.
  • nj10
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can you repost this so I can read it again?

Just kidding good pulls though, some people will be salty because they got pope yesterday
  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Nice I spent 20k coins and got sane fernandinho hamsik and gaya
  • munchie63
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice.

Do you call it soccer
  • BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional
    35 dollars? that all 4600 points are in the US?
  • Leckey1988
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I just packed matic from one
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    BMANUTD wrote: »
    35 dollars? that all 4600 points are in the US?

@BMANUTD - I also have EA Access or whatever it is that gets me a discount off points. 12,000 points are I believe $89 with the discount here for perspective.