I really don't understand goalkeepers

Morley86
388 posts An Exciting Prospect
I don't understand goalkeepers they pull out a quality save then punch a cross or parry a shot they can easily save or catch

Comments

• Fab
    18399 posts World Class
    That's some valuabe insight right there that
  • Morley86
    Right when you're opponent croses the ball and it's near the goalkeeper which can catch but punches it
  • BILLYT96
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Game mechanics aren’t gonna be perfect haha

Plus it’s realistic, goalkeepers do the exact same thing in real life so...

If it annoys you just don’t spend a fortune on a goalkeeper, get the meta keepers such as begovic, handanovic, ter Stegen, donnarumma etc, then you won’t be disappointed if they mess up and won’t be expecting them to do incredible stuff for u
  • Morley86
    I've tried most keepers and they all do it
  • pudgyfudgy
    5783 posts Big Money Move
    Gosh, how many threads do you make a day? :/
  • Morley86
    Enough but ea tell you to post on here so the dev team can get make the changes to the game but this year the focus has been around fut champs
  • Socalj11
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Morley86 wrote: »
    I've tried most keepers and they all do it

• BigGuyStan
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    begovic is decent mate
  • forearms
    4981 posts Big Money Move
    Morley86 wrote: »
    Enough but ea tell you to post on here so the dev team can get make the changes to the game but this year the focus has been around fut champs

Sure. Its worked great for us with the missing traits, specialties. The EA dev team has been "looking into it" for months. So, I wouldn't put any stock into a developer "looking into" this.
  • iRusty_yo
    3951 posts National Call-Up
    BILLYT96 wrote: »
    Game mechanics aren’t gonna be perfect haha

Plus it’s realistic, goalkeepers do the exact same thing in real life so...

If it annoys you just don’t spend a fortune on a goalkeeper, get the meta keepers such as begovic, handanovic, ter Stegen, donnarumma etc, then you won’t be disappointed if they mess up and won’t be expecting them to do incredible stuff for u

This. Had Courtois for ages nearly 1000 games and I was expecting him to be godly however he still messed up and then I packed VDS in that base sbc who many here have said is rubbish but I don’t expect him to be great or anything and he performs no different than begonia would or Courtious. Only good for links
  • Ck2201
    59 posts Park Captain
    It's not realistic . Some save or parms away is understandable. High pressure games I could understand keepers flapping a bit.
    But it happens far to much in game.
    It easy enough to score let alone having a awful keeper between the sticks .

When your under to cosh than I feel keepers plays alittle better but when games open .
    They are so unpredictable.

It's a game I know but dam . They all ready have a flaw with low driven if that wasn't enough of a problem .

• VagisilFC
    1422 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just played a game of Pinnies an 84 rated squad that had a 59 rated bronze keeper. Was licking my chops thinking I should be able to put so easy long range efforts in.......... FML this guy was horizontal swatting away everything. Saved three of four pens as well.

This game is a trainwreck