Seriously EA this game is awful!

MarkusG
379 posts Sunday League Hero
I am an average fifa player at best so when on the rare occasion during weekend league I am the better player and dominate it's enfuriating to lose thanks to how totally dreadful this game is.

One long through ball to my opponents pacey striker from his own box is literally all it takes. Should I even mention the thousands of blocks every game! Shooting position? I think not... superman the man of steel himself flys in to repel the ball from danger every single damn awful time!

I give up.

Comments

• Roobar
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agree man, if I decide I want to make a fairly decent try on a WL then I have to stay up and play at like 2a.m to make the servers even slightly playable, trying to play in the daytime is impossible. I think that is a huge part of the problem though just the servers, so much less annoying stupid stuff happens when you play at silly o clock in the morning/night.

Also the 45 min and 90 min weird boost is just so stupid, I guess it's meant to make more entertaining matches and less games going to penalties, but it's just plain dumb in a competitive game mode.
  • DadBod
    6265 posts Big Money Move
    Losing is part of the game. Move on and stop whining.
  • BigGuyStan
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    just park the bus like everyone else and put 0 pressure and aggressive

gl hf
  • Gromit
    3351 posts National Call-Up
    DadBod wrote: »

He's right though and everyone knows it.

I have to laugh when I play someone that plays constant first time passes, it's just how ridiculous and unrealistic this game is that you can constantly ping first time passes with any player, just watch 5 mins of any football match and you'll see most players have to reposition their bodies to use their stronger foot. Especially big burly centre backs.

The game is massively unrefined, take away the game faces and could you really tell if you were using Iniesta or Danny Drinkwater? So much of what makes players unique IRL is missing in this game, and all EA and some of you lot care about is whether he has the right boots or the right hairdo lol

• Dragon007
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well yes. But look at the money people are throwing at this game.

OP how much did you spend?
  • VagisilFC
    1385 posts Professional
    When you think about it, it is kind of impressive how EA manage to consistently make the game worse patch after patch. I mean what are the odds of them changing something and by accident improving the gameplay... surely by now you'd think it would have happened but alas.
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1173 posts Professional
    Gromit wrote: »

I have to laugh when I play someone that plays constant first time passes, it's just how ridiculous and unrealistic this game is that you can constantly ping first time passes with any player, just watch 5 mins of any football match and you'll see most players have to reposition their bodies to use their stronger foot. Especially big burly centre backs.

The game is massively unrefined, take away the game faces and could you really tell if you were using Iniesta or Danny Drinkwater? So much of what makes players unique IRL is missing in this game, and all EA and some of you lot care about is whether he has the right boots or the right hairdo lol

The auto setting for passing is the problem its just way too easy spam lb and a thats all most people do now because they know it works and even with error it still finds their player 90% of the time.
  • Avit32
    373 posts Sunday League Hero

The auto setting for passing is the problem its just way too easy spam lb and a thats all most people do now because they know it works and even with error it still finds their player 90% of the time.
    I must be doing it wrong then because I’m struggling to string 2 passes together lol.

The problem is though. When someone complains about a problem with the game you can guarantee there is another person complaining about a problem that completely contradicts the other. This is why people have a hard time believing people when they post on here.

Take your current complaint. Spamming pass is op and is too assisted. I can guarantee you there is another post saying this game is crap because they’re losing games because their players can’t pass at all. How can both be right?

I’m not defending this game because it’s not exactly perfect it’s just hard to see fact from fiction when everything is so contradictory
  • Deki
    82 posts Park Captain
    edited May 2018

Being stupid and arrogant is part of life, you just proved it.
  • FixFifaaaaa
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    Avit32 wrote: »

I must be doing it wrong then because I’m struggling to string 2 passes together lol.

The problem is though. When someone complains about a problem with the game you can guarantee there is another person complaining about a problem that completely contradicts the other. This is why people have a hard time believing people when they post on here.

Take your current complaint. Spamming pass is op and is too assisted. I can guarantee you there is another post saying this game is **** because they’re losing games because their players can’t pass at all. How can both be right?

I’m not defending this game because it’s not exactly perfect it’s just hard to see fact from fiction when everything is so contradictory

Hahaha am in the same boat as u as my players can’t pass to safe their life’s. Think the problem I normally face is the sudden change in game play. One week my passes are op another week it’s shaiite and the losing streak starts lol. I am in that week now where my players are running away from the ball with full speed. I have reduced game speed but no luck. God knows what I have to face next week.
  • forearms
    4433 posts National Call-Up

Doesn't mean hes not right.
  • Deki
    82 posts Park Captain
    forearms wrote: »

Doesn't mean hes not right.

Doesn’t mean hes not stupid and arrogant.
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2018
    The issue is how the game plays when you have worked hard, tried to craft good chances and taken the lead. The game plays awful when you are leading. I have played 2000 games and I know that’s an oxymoron when I am slightly moaning, but I have enough experience to say that things like reactions, composure and attack positioning really do feel like they hugely drop off when you are winning, and vice versa of course.

Look at the big regional events that were on twitch. You regularly had scores like 5-0, 6-1 and that’s probably because they clearly had a different competitive version of the game. Go to the champions channel for WL and you will never, and I mean never see a 5-0. Every game is like 6-5, 4-5, 7-6.
  • VagisilFC
    1385 posts Professional
    Wouldn't surprise me that EA would give a clean build for esports. The wider gaming community already has a well earned bad perception of FIFA due to its gameplay design. IF EA want to continue its push for FIFA to be accepted as a legitimate esport it will need a clean version. They maybe be able to censor their forums but they can't censor the public media.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4819 posts Big Money Move

I just won three games in a row. Game still sucks.
  • MarkusG
    379 posts Sunday League Hero
    I just won a game 4-3 where I took the lead every time. Every time my opponent got the ball he looked for that through ball straight to Lozano. He had nothing else to his game and don't even get me started on the kick off goals in this game.
  • DeOuweDibbes
    560 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have a feeling I have been put on a server in Afghanistan in a city with dial up connections because every game feels awful. No runs, bad positioning, strength doesn't mean a thing, can't even dribble normally with Ronaldo. :joy:

Only way to score is longshots, and everytime I conceed directly after I score. :joy:
  • FixFifaaaaa
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have a feeling I have been put on a server in Afghanistan in a city with dial up connections because every game feels awful. No runs, bad positioning, strength doesn't mean a thing, can't even dribble normally with Ronaldo. :joy:

Only way to score is longshots, and everytime I conceed directly after I score. :joy:

That was me yesterday haha. Getting matched against people from the Far East and I live in uk. How I know?. There **** strange jerseys. Never seen this group of **** jerseys in a while. I normally play against bpl, French and German jerseys. I have been playing against strange jerseys since Monday with lag fest even with 5bars. Lol
  • GoonerSoldier
    329 posts Sunday League Hero
    You guys are gonna hate me for this. But the problem is NOT EA. The problem is YOU GUYS. Make the switch to FULL MANUAL gameplay and you will realize that it takes SKILL to 1)AIM 2)WEIGH the power of a shot 3)WEIGH the power of a pass 4) you can NOT ping pong pass and actually have to adjust your BODY like in real life.

The game becomes a SIMULATION and only the BEST players win. You no longer blame EA for the bad passing and shooting because YOU Are in control of the aiming and power of the shot/pass. I know it takes time to learn manual so I would suggest you start with doing a full career mode 1 season on SEMI PRO. And after that you will get better and better....... Once you score a cracker like this you will feel real good about yourself having skills at the game. Scored better this is just an example.
  • forearms
    4433 posts National Call-Up
    You guys are gonna hate me for this. But the problem is NOT EA. The problem is YOU GUYS. Make the switch to FULL MANUAL gameplay and you will realize that it takes SKILL to 1)AIM 2)WEIGH the power of a shot 3)WEIGH the power of a pass 4) you can NOT ping pong pass and actually have to adjust your BODY like in real life.

Sure. But as long as there are people playing EA assisted, almost everyone will play that way. Unless it gets removed (which will NEVER happen), precious few will go full manual.
  • VagisilFC
    1385 posts Professional
    Attribute ratings still determine the amount of generated errors and AI still manipulates our defenders out of position regardless of control settings. Gameplay is just to far gone to defend.

At the end of the day some casual gamers just want to be able to pick up the controller and play a game without having to invest hours into configuring tactics instructions and formations. Without this though, "out of the box" this gameplay is a trainwreck.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4819 posts Big Money Move

The game becomes a SIMULATION and only the BEST players win. You no longer blame EA for the bad passing and shooting because YOU Are in control of the aiming and power of the shot/pass. I know it takes time to learn manual so I would suggest you start with doing a full career mode 1 season on SEMI PRO. And after that you will get better and better....... Once you score a cracker like this you will feel real good about yourself having skills at the game. Scored better this is just an example.

That would be great if everyone would do it.
  • ozcs_69
    2995 posts National Call-Up
    BigGuyStan wrote: »
    just park the bus like everyone else and put 0 pressure and aggressive

gl hf

wow, I guess you haven't even played WL so far
  • ozcs_69
    richo27 wrote: »
    The issue is how the game plays when you have worked hard, tried to craft good chances and taken the lead. The game plays awful when you are leading. I have played 2000 games and I know that’s an oxymoron when I am slightly moaning, but I have enough experience to say that things like reactions, composure and attack positioning really do feel like they hugely drop off when you are winning, and vice versa of course.

Look at the big regional events that were on twitch. You regularly had scores like 5-0, 6-1 and that’s probably because they clearly had a different competitive version of the game. Go to the champions channel for WL and you will never, and I mean never see a 5-0. Every game is like 6-5, 4-5, 7-6.

the most true and brave statement I read on long time here
  • ozcs_69
    edited May 2018

unless EA forces the manual settings for certain game mode, it's unfair for any one to play manually in comparative mode,
    And yet, your theory doesn't explain the randomness at the end of each half...and all this manual settings won't effect defending or goal keeping !!!!
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2018
    just stop playing this BS game I don't mind losing to better players or even players but when lesser players are "beating" me it's too much