The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Ronaldo or Ronaldinho?

silas1980
707 posts An Exciting Prospect
Basically I have enough coins to complete Ronaldo's sbc or just buy Ronaldinho. Really wanted Ronaldo but I'm kind of put off by some of the comments in here.

So to anyone who has both, who would you recommend?

(I've already got Gullit and I'm aware the WC mode is coming but I'm not spending 2.5m coins on it :neutral: )

Comments

• DaniSmith
    66 posts Park Captain
    Ronaldinho!!!
  • Plutt
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 2018
    I own both.
    R9 is if course ridiculously good. If you choose just based on effectiveness to win you more matches and score effortlessly, then Ronaldo is a safe bet. But if I was forced to choose just 1 of them, I would get Dinho. I am of course a little biased. But Dinho just brought the fun into the game again for me. I would probably have got bored and stopped playing FIFA months ago if it wasn't for having prime Ronaldinho in the club. He reminds you about the magic of football, and the fun and enjoyment you can have in every match. He wants you to stop only victory focusing on the standard sweaty run and low driven shots(that sadly is too OP this year), and instead do some experimental skills and tricks you never managed before. And if you sometimes need him to efficiently score a coupe of goals, he will finesse shot some beautiful placements straight into the far corner even from "miles" outside the box.

With the marked crash and the upcoming world cup mode, it could be wiser to buy prime Dinho(if you choose him) instead of doing the SBC. When I did his SBC you could cut the cost in half. Now that is not the case anymore, so it is your choice if you want to put a lot of coins into an untradeable card.

Always a little hard to say what prime icons suits best for everyone and their individual play-styles. Therefore it is always wise to get the potential candidate's loan cards to be 100% sure. Too late for that, though. Prime Dinho, you could probably buy(wait for TOTS EPL for even lover price), and sell again if you don't like him. R9 being so expensive, I would(if I were you) do even more research on him before deciding to do his SBC. In my case though, I do not regret at all doing Gullit, R9 and Dinho's prime SBCS.
  • silas1980
    edited May 2018
    Cheers @Plutt for the in depth response. Yeah, I would be buying Ronaldinho as it's the same price (if not cheaper than the SBC and probably even cheaper after TOTS) and I've already done 8 of Ronaldo's SBC, but it's still another 2m to go into the rest...but that also should be cheaper.

You've kind of reiterated what I've seen a few people say about Ronaldinho, in that he's just a joy to play with, and I think I want that more than winning....I'm still not sure though :lol:

No, I don't regret doing the Gullit sbc either, he's superb.
  • Plutt
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    silas1980 wrote: »
    Cheers @Plutt for the in depth response. Yeah, I would be buying Ronaldinho as it's the same price (if not cheaper than the SBC and probably even cheaper after TOTS) and I've already done 8 of Ronaldo's SBC, but it's still another 2m to go into the rest...but that also should be cheaper.

You've kind of reiterated what I've seen a few people say about Ronaldinho, in that he's just a joy to play with, and I think I want that more than winning....I'm still not sure though :lol:

Well, if you already did 8 of the R9 SBC squads, it would be pity to stop even if they awarded you some packs. But monitor the market to get the rest you need as cheap as possible. I at least would not rush either of the choices: buying Dinho or finishing R9's SBC. Both will only get more affordable during the peak of the TOTS-storm and beyond.
  • silas1980
    edited May 2018
    Plutt wrote: »
    silas1980 wrote: »

Well, if you already did 8 of the R9 SBC squads, it would be pity to stop even if they awarded you some packs. But monitor the market to get the rest you need as cheap as possible. I at least would not rush either of the choices: buying Dinho or finishing R9's SBC. Both will only get more affordable during the peak of the TOTS-storm and beyond.

Yeah I agree, not going to be doing either yet, waiting to see how cheap things get....but on the other hand there's part of me that just wants to get on with it - being May and all, I will be playing the WC mode so it'd be nice to have a month before it playing with one of them. Will probably do it next week, and see how TOTS affects things this weekend.

I am leaning towards Ronaldinho now, just for the fact that if I don't like him (unlikely) then I can trade him in, albeit lose a few coins. There's not that luxury for Ronaldo.
  • Waldfee123
    59 posts Park Captain
    edited May 2018
    Ronaldinho for my smilies while playing ... Ronaldo for more wins ...
  • RipCitiBoi.
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    R10 Is noticeably better at controlling the ball and making runs. His shooting is good too but R9 is on another level when it comes to scoring. He can head or shoot from anywhere. With that being said, I enjoy R10 more. R9 can feel clunky at times whereas R10 just feels smooth.
  • silas1980
    edited May 2018
    Bit late mate, I bought Ronaldo.
  • the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ronaldo