TOTS Hamsik as wide CAM (4222)?

FinEverton
671 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited May 2018
Hi. Is it madness with hunter gem or worth to try? Pricetag is little spicy at the moment, but I hope it drops soon enough.

Comments

• ForestGrump70
    808 posts Semi-Pro
    I would rather have him central in a 4231.
  • Massman
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Use him as a CDM in 4222 and he is amazing

But he is so good that as a cam he would be great also
  • Whoman
    5305 posts Big Money Move
    You should not trust chem style to make **** into gold, their impact simply isn't as pronounced as claimed.

That being said ... You can use the wide CAMs in very different ways depending on individual instructions, team tactics and playstyle. You just need to be aware that you can't use Hamsik the same way you would use a fast and shifty player. Cut inside with him manually (he will then stay inside more the rest of the posession), use him as a passer and shooting from long range. Have the Fullback behind him set to overlap and the CDM behind him set to stay back.
    No reason he couldn't do a job. He won't cut it if you plan on using him like a winger and send him chasing lobbed through balls ...

• FinEverton
    671 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Whoman wrote: »
    You should not trust chem style to make **** into gold, their impact simply isn't as pronounced as claimed.

That being said ... You can use the wide CAMs in very different ways depending on individual instructions, team tactics and playstyle. You just need to be aware that you can't use Hamsik the same way you would use a fast and shifty player. Cut inside with him manually (he will then stay inside more the rest of the posession), use him as a passer and shooting from long range. Have the Fullback behind him set to overlap and the CDM behind him set to stay back.
    No reason he couldn't do a job. He won't cut it if you plan on using him like a winger and send him chasing lobbed through balls ...

Thanks very much for your time. Just wanted to add some pace with hunter chem.

I have used fb Asamoah as right cam and he does the job very well with his left foot. My playstyle is more like build up play so as a "second wind" Asamoah scores very often. So I thought that Hamsik could be left Cam. Need to try how it work.

And what you said about overlap. New IF Cuardraro could be very good as rb. Or fb Peres too..
  • Herbski
    89 posts Park Captain
    Whoman wrote: »

I'm not so sure about that. Apparently there is a video proving the attribute boosts because certain celebrations can only be done by players with a certain agility rating. And it was tested that the players could not do them before the chem style was applied, but afterwards they could.

Now - what is not clear is how height and weight, hidden traits (or lack of), etc play into it. Some players with traits may play differently.

But I think the chem cards do exactly what they say they do.