Made the move from 4-1-2-1-2 wide to 4-2-3-1 narrow. I like it.

rodrel
858 posts Semi-Pro
edited May 2018
I suppose I need pacey wide CAMs, one more attacking minded CDM , one the opposite, and pacey wingbacks.

Any other general advise, please lads?
Post edited by rodrel on

Comments

• CosmicDance
    637 posts An Exciting Prospect
    For me both CDMs have to be defensive minded.

Not too concerned about pace, just solid defensive stats.

Wide CAMs need pace and a bit more strength than you'd usually expect from wingers.

Central CAM I'm not concerned with pace, just good passing and good longshots.

ST needs to be set to central, get behind. Other than that, nothing for CT's
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    For me both CDMs have to be defensive minded.

Not too concerned about pace, just solid defensive stats.

Wide CAMs need pace and a bit more strength than you'd usually expect from wingers.

Central CAM I'm not concerned with pace, just good passing and good longshots.

ST needs to be set to central, get behind. Other than that, nothing for CT's

Will try thanks.
  • ForestGrump70
    1104 posts Professional
    The only formation I'm consistent with this year.

If your struggling to find suitable cams just go with the wide version and change in game.
  • BILLYT96
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 2018
    Play possession, especially after you go 1-0 up, don’t try and force it down the middle, come back if you have to - that’s what the cdm’s are for

Also I’d decide whether you want overlapping wing backs or an attacking cdm, if you have both you’ll be countered on easily. The best work rates for your cdm’s are one with m/h and the other h/h.

Can have two different types of CAM, depends on play style and preference: a CAM that dictates, so is good at passing, good on the ball, will come for the ball.. or a second striker “number 10” if you will, someone who’s strong, fairly pacey but also able to pass the ball

If you come up against 41212 narrow, abuse the wings, abuse switching the play, but if u have a cdm that attacks and has h/m and full backs that overlap and have h/m you’ll get caught out by those pesky 1-2’s and quick passing that 41212 has

Wide CAM’s should be pacey and should have at least 4* weak foot, h/h on them works wonders too, defo should be pacey tho, sometimes they’ll be further wide than they will close to the striker, depends on opponent and situation
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro

If your struggling to find suitable cams just go with the wide version and change in game.

I would like to keep formation, thinking of using futswap Alexis on the right and prime Costa on the left, with Crespo ST. I am struggling using Lallana at center and I wanna keep my budget low. What kind of player works best as central cam?
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    BILLYT96 wrote: »
    Play possession, especially after you go 1-0 up, don’t try and force it down the middle, come back if you have to - that’s what the cdm’s are for

Also I’d decide whether you want overlapping wing backs or an attacking cdm, if you have both you’ll be countered on easily. The best work rates for your cdm’s are one with m/h and the other h/h.

Can have two different types of CAM, depends on play style and preference: a CAM that dictates, so is good at passing, good on the ball, will come for the ball.. or a second striker “number 10” if you will, someone who’s strong, fairly pacey but also able to pass the ball

If you come up against 41212 narrow, abuse the wings, abuse switching the play, but if u have a cdm that attacks and has h/m and full backs that overlap and have h/m you’ll get caught out by those pesky 1-2’s and quick passing that 41212 has

Wide CAM’s should be pacey and should have at least 4* weak foot, h/h on them works wonders too, defo should be pacey tho, sometimes they’ll be further wide than they will close to the striker, depends on opponent and situation

I like overlapping wingbacks so I might use defensive CDMs. Thanks for your advise, will keep in mind.
  • BILLYT96
    rodrel wrote: »

I would like to keep formation, thinking of using futswap Alexis on the right and prime Costa on the left, with Crespo ST. I am struggling using Lallana at center and I wanna keep my budget low. What kind of player works best as central cam?

Give firmino a try
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    i got some advice; prepare to concede more goals than ever before

I found 4231 to be the most effective attacking formation, and possibly the worst defensive formation. when I used it in WL I was basically liverpool, would get a 4-0 lead and still wouldn't feel safe because people an just stroll through and score at will

now I use 442, most solid defensive formation.

• rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro

Give firmino a try

Shouldn't I be looking for a more complete midfielder like Paulinho? Or Dele Ali?
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    Clancy wrote: »

I found 4231 to be the most effective attacking formation, and possibly the worst defensive formation. when I used it in WL I was basically liverpool, would get a 4-0 lead and still wouldn't feel safe because people an just stroll through and score at will

Is that a fact? It's not good cause nobody can defend properly with this fifa.
  • BILLYT96
    edited May 2018

Give firmino a try

Shouldn't I be looking for a more complete midfielder like Paulinho? Or Dele Ali?

Paulinho is h/h and his finishing isn’t great, Dele Alli could work there, I’ve only ever used him in CM so can’t really say, think it’s sub par stats have put me off but then firmino seems to have everything, central CAM is one of the most important positions with 4231 though so you might wanna invest more coins into that position
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro

Give firmino a try

Paulinho is h/h and his finishing isn’t great, Dele Alli could work there, central CAM is one of the most important positions with 4231 though so you might wanna invest more coins into that position

Not yet tbh, but I got Dele. I'll give him a go, with your blessings ofc :)
  • BILLYT96

If you know how to keep the ball it’s one of the best formations for defending

There’s a reason most pros switch to it when they’re wanting to kill off a game

All depends on the individual I suppose but it’s definitely the best for retaining the ball and you can essentially defend with 6 players sometimes and then break fast with your front 4

Never tried 442 so can’t say
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner

Is that a fact? It's not good cause nobody can defend properly with this fifa.

well its my opinion... but I stand by it. yah defending is harder than ever in this FUT

in previous FUTs I played 5atb, but this year having more defenders seems to make zero difference in stopping attacks. its more about the organization of players. I find 442 to be the only formation that can reliably stop attacks and keep games low scoring, which is how I like it

I was only getting slightly worse results using the 4231 (like 4 less wins in WL on average than when I use 442), but every game was so stressful. felt like I needed to score 6 goals every match to win, it was mentally exhausting.
  • BILLYT96

Give firmino a try

Paulinho is h/h and his finishing isn’t great, Dele Alli could work there, central CAM is one of the most important positions with 4231 though so you might wanna invest more coins into that position

Let me know how he is there! I’ve always considered him because I like him irl (aside from the diving) but just always thought his stats are a poor reflection on the quality player he is

That being said his 87 does look nice, just can’t help but think you can get better for less

I have fut birthday Rooney at CAM in my team and he’s amazing, if you managed to get him stick him there!
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro

Give firmino a try

Let me know how he is there! I’ve always considered him because I like him irl (aside from the diving) but just always thought his stats are a poor reflection on the quality player he is

That being said his 87 does look nice, just can’t help but think you can get better for less

I have fut birthday Rooney at CAM in my team and he’s amazing, if you managed to get him stick him there!

Ofc, thanks
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    Fantastic formation, so close to my liking.

I've played 6 games so far 2 off line (sb s on legendary) and 4 on line ( 3 single and 1 div 2) experimenting with various parameters and instructions.

At first I tried everything on default/balanced, some things didn't work for me.

I can give you some details if you are interested about player's instructions by position that work best for me.

Analyzing custom tacktics is a bit pointless imo, because every single person has his (almost) unique playstyle and favorite cards.

The formation is very solid defensively, provided you are jogging and cutting passing lanes than directly attacking the ball, and also very fluid and unpredictable offensively.

I will keep working/experimenting on it.

Also your advises were spot on, thanks lads.
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2018
    Dear BILLYT96 Dele is good as central CAM, but not dominant.

Yes , he can hold up the ball and dribble and move with grace and he has no problem scoring, but he lacks in distribution and defending.

I believe a player like Pogba or M-Savic must be perfect for the spot.

Dele is good to be used as a basis to build up your team.

I concluded that the best instructions for central CAM is everything on default and what I like most about Dele is how he sometimes makes the run coming from deep to receive the cross and bang in the power header.

Scored in such a way 3ice. Very spectacular on screen.

I suppose his SIF or his upcoming tots will make him a dominant card too.
  • Deano2508
    2599 posts Fans' Favourite

Agreed