Why are small players the fastest? It's rubbish

MaxGoal_Bayern
2 posts Ball Boy
edited May 2018
That's (see title) absolute ****.

Usain Bolt. I wouldn't consider him very small. He isn't very lightweight either.

Cristiano Ronaldo is quite fast and still not the smallest.

Arjen Robben - the fastest ever measured in football (37+km/h within the last 10' during that 5-1 against Spain)

Regarding me: I also run at something above 35km/h. I am 6 feet tall and weigh ~80kg. I barely see people/players who are faster than me.

According to EA's logic, children must be the fastest humans on earth. Are they? I think not.

Please stop this bullsh*t. I'm tired of all those imps on the pitch.

Comments

• Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    The difference is only fractional now - it's much better than it was on previous games. My pro is 90 pace and I'm 6 foot 2. Making smaller than that for even more pace is useless because they completely lose all their strength.
  • WarrenBarton
    7321 posts Big Money Move
    Orikoru wrote: »
    The difference is only fractional now - it's much better than it was on previous games. My pro is 90 pace and I'm 6 foot 2. Making smaller than that for even more pace is useless because they completely lose all their strength.

But gain in quick turning ability
  • GARYNOCLUB
    82 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I agree also if you are a big player who wants to be fast why is it unless your developed as a pro do we all have to go with these stats 6 ft tall 149 pounds just to get agility and a bit of speed it’s a bad system where does it say in real life little people are quicker ermmm usain bolt is what 6 ft 4 even Messi is not a sprinter he is quick over a quick burst but the world of football has more 6ft players than 5 ft 6” you no totally agree there mate
  • Well it’s not rubbish maybe your just **** at it
  • Sami
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Because there needs to be a balance.

The last thing the game needs is 6 foot 4 usain bolts running up and down with fastest speeds. So yes small players should be fastest but they also lose strength. If you play 11vs11 then you rather play a small midget because you just need to step a few yards back.
  • xCDHx
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well am hoping for FIFA 19 pro clubs they balance out the speeds a bit more.

I used to like playing CDM, but they nerfed the speed and CB, but they nerfed the speed and made your player take an age to turn. Usually I just switched to RM and RB for these 2 positions, but doing that kinda sucks.

Haven't really seem much of the initial pro club testing, but would be nice if can have fun playing positions I like.

I guess having a small fast striker is balanced by being weak and not being able to win headers. Though in FIFA 18 being 6'0 looks pretty much an ideal build, so not much need to be a midget.
  • SonicKante
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There needs to be balance you utter clown. Otherwise everyone would be max height.