Is it time for Messi to leave?

hospital dogs
2039 posts Fans' Favourite
Messi caries Barca but their tactics are too rigid to win everything in Europe.

At a team like City he would get better service from Silva and DeBruyne than the likes of an Iniesta less Barca.

Plus he will probably get the highest wages and be able to enjoy top flight football into his retirement.

Comments

• Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    lololololol
    who cares about the CL they just won the Double again
  • jonkero
    6704 posts Big Money Move
    No. Barca is Messi and Messi is Barca.

They'll get back their form I guess they will be very active on the transfer market this summer
  • Wooly1203
    3018 posts National Call-Up
    I honestly can’t see him ever leaving. I feel like he will retire there
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wooly1203 wrote: »
    I honestly can’t see him ever leaving. I feel like he will retire there

the GOAT player will never leave the GOAT team lol
  • RayS
    30831 posts National Team Captain
    Yes, come to Man U, Messi
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    Barca won a treble 4 years ago. they'd be playing in the UCL SF right now with a chance at doing yet another one if they didn't literally sleepwalk the entire match in Rome.

since the last treble they've won the domestic double twice along with a chance at going undefeated in the la liga this year. hardly cause for panic especially with the additions they've been making.
  • Ferrari_LFC10
    696 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2018
    Yeah when LFC win champions league we will put the winnings towards him to use him as a sub to replace salah for 30 mins.
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2018

At a team like City he would get better service from Silva and DeBruyne than the likes of an Iniesta less Barca.

Plus he will probably get the highest wages and be able to enjoy top flight football into his retirement.

Silva and de bruyne are great but come on iniesta is a different level
  • Pughy30
    27015 posts Player of the Year
    He’s leaving eventually to go back to Argentina I think he’s already said that
  • Angy
    2746 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah when LFC win champions league we will put the winnings towards him to use him as a sub to replace salah for 30 mins.

Provided Salah is still in the team :D
  • Tornado31619
    21107 posts Club Captain
    Pughy30 wrote: »

Sure that wasn't Kun? Remember something along those lines
  • JIGSAW_10
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They just had one bad match against Roma, Barca are undefeated this season simply because of Messi. He’ll never leave lol.
  • hospital dogs

Silva and de bruyne are great but come on iniesta is a different level

My point is...Andres is gone.

Who they got now, Coutinho? lol
  • Pughy30
    27015 posts Player of the Year
    Pughy30 wrote: »

Sure that wasn't Kun? Remember something along those lines

Messi has spoken about it in the past a lot of Argentinians seem to go to their home club
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/11119015/barcelona8217s-lionel-messi-admits-he-still-dreams-of-playing-for-newells-old-boys
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2018
    CL is overrated you are playing last years best teams not necessarily this years best teams and you don't play all of them you play them randomly so you could get an easy draw(s) it's only 13 games... hardly a better achievement than winning a league double
    CL is pure hype is Liverpool or Roma really better than Barca Man City Bayern etc
  • hospital dogs
    Barca won a treble 4 years ago. they'd be playing in the UCL SF right now with a chance at doing yet another one if they didn't literally sleepwalk the entire match in Rome.

since the last treble they've won the domestic double twice along with a chance at going undefeated in the la liga this year. hardly cause for panic especially with the additions they've been making.

Their additions aren't world class.

Phillip is a step down from iniesta.

Dembele is a step down from Neymar.

Now that Iniesta is gone, Barca only has two world 11 players.

Compare that to RM who have about 5 in CR, Kross, Modric, Ramos and Marcelo.
  • CeeQue
    12635 posts Has That Special Something
    Why should he leave? 1 bad run in the CL? And to the Prem thats basically a step down from Barcelona.

Wages aside ( His salary is in the 18 + million range) and the physically of the EPL. I would rather stay in sunny Barcelona. I respect a player more for staying with a team through good or bad.
  • hospital dogs
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Why should he leave? 1 bad run in the CL? And to the Prem thats basically a step down from Barcelona.

Wages aside ( His salary is in the 18 + million range) and the physically of the EPL. I would rather stay in sunny Barcelona. I respect a player more for staying with a team through good or bad.

Something new?
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    to whom should he leave?
    can't see any team he'd want to go to atm.
  • JIGSAW_10
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect
    jonkero wrote: »
    No. Barca is Messi and Messi is Barca.

They'll get back their form I guess they will be very active on the transfer market this summer

• VladimirSochi
    657 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Truthurts wrote: »
    CL is overrated you are playing last years best teams not necessarily this years best teams and you don't play all of them you play them randomly so you could get an easy draw(s) it's only 13 games... hardly a better achievement than winning a league double
    CL is pure hype is Liverpool or Roma really better than Barca Man City Bayern etc

Well City have lost 5 matches this season... three of those losses were to Liverpool lol
  • Carlos181
    4056 posts National Call-Up
    Should definitely stay. As long as they make a quality signing in the summer they’ll be fine.

Eriksen
    Griezman
    De ligt
    o:)
  • Socalj11
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero

Must be a delusional PL fan. You do see who Messi has around him right? The team caters to him. Even Suarez, who loves to score goals like most Forwards, defers to Messi. Gave him a couple of perfect balls for goals his last hat trick last week. Also have you ever been to Barcelona? Been to Manchester? Lol, case closed
  • rnmays1
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah barca are past it if I were him i would go to Liverpool, a team with a vision and young, talented players like Solanke. He can win the league cup a couple of times, play alongside some like-minded geniuses of the game and prove to his critics that he can perform in the epl. Then he can go to China, remind all the hopeful kids that they'll never make it out of the CSL, take all their money and break a few ankles with his pal Andrés