Prime Hernandez better than Crespo?

Hippyboy6
16467 posts World Class
I've played just over 100 games with Crespo but his lack of movement & not making runs is getting rally annoying. His finishing is superb but seems lazy.

I've played against Hernandez a few times & he always caused me problems.

Comments

• Diggy
    12522 posts Has That Special Something
    No don’t do it
  • Currieman
    4681 posts National Call-Up
    Hernandez has great finishing and he's quick and strong.

However his passing is absolutely woeful.
  • RebelRob
    3826 posts National Call-Up
    Diggy wrote: »
    No don’t do it

Crespo has been brilliant for me so far, can't knock his movement tbh.

What's the team/formation around him?
  • Baker
    1428 posts Professional
    I have them both, Hernandez is far the better player.
  • Hippyboy6
    16467 posts World Class
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Diggy wrote: »
    No don’t do it

Crespo has been brilliant for me so far, can't knock his movement tbh.

What's the team/formation around him?

I'm inbetween formations at the moment, trying to move from 41212(2) to 4222. Current team is:

Handanovic
    Pereira, pereira, Benatia, Sandro
    85 Blanc
    Florenzi, Nainggolan
    TOTS gomez
    Crespo, Aubameyang

Crespo is just short of 1 goal a game so it's not like he's terrible, he's just frustrating at times
  • Wonderfulwest
    4476 posts National Call-Up
    Never had much trouble when playing against either. MVB on the other hand loves a goal or two against me
  • Diggy
    12522 posts Has That Special Something
    Try swapping crespo & PEA around
  • Finesse_4days
    5337 posts Big Money Move
    Currieman wrote: »

its not, he gets a lot of assists for me , his passing isn't great but its far from woeful and a lot better than prime Crespo's who i used in draft and was decent but nothing special.
  • Finesse_4days
    edited May 2018
    Baker wrote: »
    Hernadez is definitely better unless you want someone to score you a lot of headers, the 3* weak foot on him is lie he has scored some great volleys on his left foot for me. I much prefer him to Prime Mvb who has a great shot but his acceleration is garbage and his agility is terrible, so you can only either score off crosses with him or punish terrible defending by scoring a longshot when given a lot of space.
    If you can afford 90 henry who's like 610k to play at striker , he is far better than crespo and hernadez and feels very similar to CR7.
  • Hibee
    10651 posts Has That Special Something
    Didnt really like Hernandez at all. Poor passing and weak foot let him down for me. Larsson a better alternative.
  • Hibee
    10651 posts Has That Special Something
    Hernadez is definitely better unless you want someone to score you a lot of headers, the 3* weak foot on him is lie he has scored some great volleys on his left foot for me. I much prefer him to Prime Mvb who has a great shot but his acceleration is garbage and his agility is terrible, so you can only either score off crosses with him or punish terrible defending by scoring a longshot when given a lot of space.
    If you can afford 90 henry who's like 610k to play at striker , he is far better than crespo and hernadez and feels very similar to CR7.

Disagree about Van Basten. He is deadly if you use him right. Iv played about 400 games with mine and he is on over a goal a game. And tiny bit of space and it's a goal. Of course formation makes a difference as well, he is best suited to 2 up front for me.
  • RebelRob
    3826 posts National Call-Up
    I'm guessing that's bday florenzi? Looks quite similar to my team really. Do you use instructions? I only do basic ones, strikers both get in behind. Cam stay forward/get into box for the cross, cdm stay back while attacking, in the 41212-2.

I have been trying upping pressure to 55-60, and occasionally putting the more attacking cm on get forward and more defensive one on stay back, but not sure if it's been doing much as it seems when the game plays terribly I can't win for love nor money, and even r96 feels pretty meh.

But I think it's just the game being so up and down that for a decent player you notice more the bad games as when it's a good game that's your expectation so don't notice it.

It might be worth trying him on the other side, as for some reason some players seem to play better on one side than the other. (Tin foil hat on, I know)
  • Finesse_4days
    edited May 2018
    Hibee wrote: »

Disagree about Van Basten. He is deadly if you use him right. Iv played about 400 games with mine and he is on over a goal a game. And tiny bit of space and it's a goal. Of course formation makes a difference as well, he is best suited to 2 up front for me.

he was getting me about 0.8 goals a game with quite a lot of assists so not too bad, but what annoyed me is his agility and acceleration ruined a lot of counterattacks and he cant even be used as a proper target man like you could with henry or Ronaldo, because if you shield the ball against Boateng or desailly or anyone like that he will get pushed over. Also In weekend league and Division 1 there is hardly any space to take longshots, so hed get 5 goals in 1 game in online single matches or Dko and then not score hardly any against good players.
  • Hippyboy6
    16467 posts World Class
    Cheers for the suggestions, I'll have a play around with the settings & keep him for a bit longer. The other option is to replace the strikers with a Calcio A TOTS & put Icardi in place of Crespo. I got on really well with his PTG card, possibly the "tries to beat defensive line" trait that made him make better runs...... His finishing was on par with Crespo
  • Currieman
    4681 posts National Call-Up
    Currieman wrote: »

its not, he gets a lot of assists for me , his passing isn't great but its far from woeful and a lot better than prime Crespo's who i used in draft and was decent but nothing special.

He gets tons of assists for me as well but only because his movement is great and he gets in the box a lot.

His long passing is shocking and he misplaces simple 5 yard passes loads as well :lol:
  • Miklelin
    210 posts Sunday League Hero
    catalyst on Hernandez, huge diffrence