The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Last ten mins

Enigma8784
1823 posts Play-Off Hero
So chaps what’s your tactics the last 10 mins of a game?

I have lost 9 points in current season when leading with 80 mins on the clock including a 25 yard strike from nif Sergio ramos.

Do you stay attacking when leading or go UD?

If your losing do you go AOA or stay UA?

Probably be a division higher if I could sort this out

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Gorda
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    I never go more defensive then balanced it just invites pressure. Keep possesion and dont do any risky passes. I like subing a really fast striker to so i can counter attack beacause opponent Will play agressive attacking to score a goal.
  • Macca77
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    I usually play attacking and if I’m leading it’s tempting to go back to balanced or defensive. But I find I can throw it away if I do that so tend to stay attacking. Maybe change custom tactics to counter attack rather than my custom ones or the high pressure.
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    I never go ultra defensive. I will go to defensive if it’s a close game and I have a 1 goal lead. What I’ve found more important to do in this stage of the game is really make sure my passes are safe and accurate. I keep hold of the ball as the pressure is in my opponent as the clock runs down. Never hit L1 to send anyone forward.

I’ll also add, I play in a safe way but still push up the pitch, if the space is there for me to get a goal then i’ll take it. Scored many like this which just kills the game off completely. Pressing up the pitch means if they get the ball, it’s harder to counter.
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    Keep calm, look for spaces to pass in to and the other person gets frustrated. Doesn't matter which player you pass to, just find feet as the opposition can only press for so long before allowing easy gaps to concede again.
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2018
    Keep the ball near the sides and corners of the pitch. Don't play balls in field unless the pass is definitely on.

And don't panic if you lose the ball and don't try to win it back straight away. Concentrate on getting as many men behind the ball as possible
  • BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional
    4231. Everyone on stay back, CAMS on help defence, ultra D (not PTB as it sits too deep). Job done. Keep possession, driven diagonal switches work well when opposition team presses
  • Socalj11
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gorda wrote: »
    I never go more defensive then balanced it just invites pressure. Keep possesion and dont do any risky passes. I like subing a really fast striker to so i can counter attack beacause opponent Will play agressive attacking to score a goal.

Exactly right
  • theraduku
    903 posts Semi-Pro
    If you're ahead, just keep doing what you have been doing until that point. Don't go defensive as you will only invite pressure and that might your opponent the edge to score on you.
  • Cassidinho
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    Enigma8784 wrote: »
    So chaps what’s your tactics the last 10 mins of a game?

I have lost 9 points in current season when leading with 80 mins on the clock including a 25 yard strike from nif Sergio ramos.

Do you stay attacking when leading or go UD?

If your losing do you go AOA or stay UA?

Probably be a division higher if I could sort this out

Thanks in advance

I slow it right down, pass around the back, look for the opponent to go all out attack, slap it on counter attack and work my way forward.

I don't pass it around the back in an a*sey way. I just slow it right down, looking for space. Works quite well
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Slow down the tempo to what you're comfortable with. Only play safe passes. But don't be an a*s and just pass it around the back or watch all the replies for the click to run.
  • BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional
    theraduku wrote: »
    If you're ahead, just keep doing what you have been doing until that point. Don't go defensive as you will only invite pressure and that might your opponent the edge to score on you.

This is a myth. If you don’t pack bodies back you can get outnumbered in 2v1 situations all over the front line against a better player on ultra attacking or AOA. Your 4 forwards are on the half way line, leaving gaps all over the place. It’s great if you can intercept and break, but if you can’t, you are open to conceeding. You need to close the easy passing gaps.

• Cassidinho
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    Slow down the tempo to what you're comfortable with. Only play safe passes. But don't be an a*s and just pass it around the back or watch all the replies for the click to run.

LOL more Click running lmao
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Cassidinho wrote: »

Why does my phone love autocorrecting CLOCK to CLICK haha
  • Cassidinho

haha, its funny mate. I thought your player had a dodgy hip. then seen your thread about click wasters. I couldnt resist
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

haha, its funny mate. I thought your player had a dodgy hip. then seen your thread about click wasters. I couldnt resist

Lmao.
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks for all the replies folks. I tend to go defensive or UD which probably is inviting pressure on to myself. I know I have been caught in possession a couple of times when running down the clock passing around although not just in defence as you say. Maybe I’ll drop it to balanced with counter as I normally have tactics as attacking team pressing and high pressure.

I am playing 41212 narrow too if that makes a difference? Does the 4231 help with having 2 cdm or invite pressure?
  • AULERT
    752 posts Semi-Pro
    I always revert to defensive - Anything less then I can't get out my half.

I actually seem to score more goals on defensive - maybe it's the counter attack style play.

I never go any more than attacking either - too many stupid runs if not!
  • CharlieC
    7359 posts Big Money Move
    I find that going defensive is a recipe for disaster. I don’t even like to switch to counter attack because it also invites pressure. I keep attacking and switch to possession but even then passing options can be limited due to your opponent playing aggressive and spamming second player press so you just have to keep the ball the best you can. There is no simple solution though.

Probably one of the most stressful parts of the game tbh. Especially when you play a pass and it goes somewhere other than intended!!!
  • kraid
    4040 posts National Call-Up
    Pause and put almost all my players on stay back when attacking or come back on defence. Otherwise I find my players will gradually get further and further forward when I’m in possession. May also go defensive.
  • Avit32
    562 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 2018
    Some people consider it a dirty tactic but I’ll pass it around using my defence and gk if I have to and I have no problem holding it in the corner either.

Sure some people will hate me for that but I refuse to be winning comfortably only for some messed up animation screw me over and conceding a needless goal.
  • Futfanatic
    14982 posts World Class
    I play it from side to side in the middle third of the pitch. I find that is the place where there is a lot of space and passing options for me.