Defence improvement - baby Desailly or baby Ferdinand?

Yahoo1982
128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Hello guys,
I need to improve defence in my bundesliga team. Sokratis and Boateng are great vs headers and bully attackers but sucks against pacy strikers.
I'm thinking about baby Ferdinand or baby Desailly. Their stats are simmilar, but Desailly is 100k more expensive. Is he worth additional 100k?
Or mayby there is someone else? As I said I need someone fast and he has to fit into bundesliga team (means no EPL OP player is a solution).

Comments

• Lackosweat
    5455 posts Big Money Move
    Baby Desailly > Baby Rio.
    Not sure if Desailly is 100k better though.
  • FixFifaaaaa
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ferdinand will get tired quickly. Look at his stamina
  • Yahoo1982
    Ok. Desailly then :)
    He is 495k now. Do you think I should wait few days till more tots will be on market and his price will fall?
    Do you expect he can be close to 400k or 470-480 would be the lowest price available in next 2 weeks?
  • RebelRob
    4969 posts National Call-Up
    I've only used the 88 desailly, and he was a monster. Can't see him being much worse on 7 chem at CB, and will still likely be better than Rio.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Baby Desailly is amazing
  • itsFIGJAM
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    89 Blanc is better than both. :)
  • Yahoo1982
    itsFIGJAM wrote: »

More expensive, slower, worse jumping. Only passing and dribbling are better. Is he really better vs fast attackers than Desailly or Rio?

What do you think about CB Matthaus? Seems to be great but I'm afraid he is to short and will lose every head.
  • Ballist1x
    1702 posts Play-Off Hero
    88 desaily because he has better traits than the 87...
  • Slideman1187
    959 posts Professional
    I’d take 88 Rijkaard or 88 Rio ;)
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2018
    With a shadow chemstyle, Manolas has pretty much the same stats as both of them.. And he costs like 7 coins
  • DadBod
    6265 posts Big Money Move
    If you can consider matthaus, he’s a beast for me.. i know he’s short for a cb but he’s a wall on my defense.. i have nif smalling as the other cb, that’s how good base matthaus is
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2018
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    With a shadow chemstyle, Manolas has pretty much the same stats as both of them.. And he costs like 7 coins

Have used both and there’s no doubt Desailly is better. Only reason to use Manolas is if you can’t comfortably afford Desailly
  • Diggy
    13539 posts Has That Special Something
    Desailly but I would save for 88 Rio
  • itsFIGJAM
    edited May 2018
    Yahoo1982 wrote: »

More expensive, slower, worse jumping. Only passing and dribbling are better. Is he really better vs fast attackers than Desailly or Rio?

What do you think about CB Matthaus? Seems to be great but I'm afraid he is to short and will lose every head.

Have used all ICON CBs and my current setup is Maldini / Blanc / Rijkaard.

Blanc is taller and extremely well positioned with his M/H work rate. He never leaves the gap or runs forward. He stays behind endite match guarding and intercepting everything. His pace is not an issue at all as he positions himself well to cover the area. He doesn't feel slow due to better agility/balance. Able to make quick runs and run while Rio/Desailly lack agility makes them harder to control or feel fast. They both are however very good on auto.

Blanc also has better marking and interception. His tall legs intercept a lot. Apart from that, better defending stats, passing and overall good on the ball. He's a complete package.

He isn't expensive last time I checked. He costs same as Baby Desailly.

Would also recommend 88 Rijkaard. Fantastic card.

As for Matthäus CB, I loved his card but got his Prime now. So no room for CB. :wink: He was actually amazing as CB and hardly lost headers unless you face Cavani or super tall players. Given the meta was all Jesus/Mbappé/etc, he was very good. His strength isn't the best but aggression helps. Super fun to play as well. Can make a dangerous run without worrying about not able to pass properly or shoot as he can do both. Excellent card. Give it a try. :)
  • Yahoo1982
    Hmmm 2 hours ago I was thinking about 2 players, now I'm thinking about 4 or 5 :smiley:
    But this is why I've asked. To buy someone really good.
    I have almost 500k now (and almost 40 packs waitng for tots :wink: ) what means I can buy only one CB (Boateng would stay as second one for now).
    At this moment I see that:
    - Rio is good, fast and strong but has low stamina
    - Desailly seems to be great, only agility isn't high
    - Blanc is not as fast as guys mentioned before but is tallest and very agile
    - Matthäus is great, fully balanced player but seems to be short (but as long as Boateng is standing next to him and Neuer as goalkeeper hight is not a big problem)
    - 88 Rijkaard with shadow is almost as fast as guys above, but I'm afraid 77 agression is not enough...

Sooooo... :smile: who seems to be best option to solve my problem with fast attackers?
  • Slideman1187
    959 posts Professional
    Anchor on Rijkaard, and strength problem solved :) he excels in all categories as cb for me..
    only time he gets burned is usually when i pull him out of position and go forward (which he’s also good at)
  • itsFIGJAM
    Do you find Boateng slow? Get Rio / Desailly.

Are comfortable with Boateng? Get Blanc / Rijkaard.

Matthäus fits in both. Except for his height, but will be fine. At least for me, he was. :)
  • Yahoo1982
    Do you find Boateng slow? Get Rio / Desailly.

Are comfortable with Boateng? Get Blanc / Rijkaard.

Matthäus fits in both. Except for his height, but will be fine. At least for me, he was. :)

Boateng is a mountain. You can't go through him. But all these Jesuses and other fast attackers makes problems. Maybe I should change his chem form anchor to shadow?