Daniel Niedzkowski @ SG Sonnenhof Großaspach [VFL OSNABRÜCK GAME]

Facemullet
43 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited May 2018
McbIVpX.jpg

NIEDZKOWSKI NAMED S. GROBASPACH MANAGER.

DANIEL Niedzkowski has been named the new S. Grobaspach manager after the departure of Sascha Hildmann two weeks ago.

The news comes somewhat as a shock to the SG faithful who thought someone from within in the club would fill the role. However new Director Of Football, Victor Möller assured fans that the right man was selected for the job.

"After looking at all candidates and an extensive interview process we firmly believe that Mr. Niedzkowski matches our ambitions and is the right man to take us forward while upholding our core values as a football club and a family." - Victor Möller

Of course the arrival of Möller and Niedzkowski has come about since the purchase of the club by local business tycoon Hans Richter who has promised a pathway forward and up the German Leagues.

Niedzkowski is set to front the press for the first time tomorrow morning before his first training session as manager.
Post edited by Facemullet on

Comments

• DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Wow, a 3. Bundesliga story is very challenging. Looking forward to see that and good luck, mate!
  • Facemullet
    McbIVpX.jpg
    NIEDZKOWSKI WELCOMES MEDIA, FANS AND NEW CHALLENGES AT THE SG COMPLEX
    LVQaLlk.jpg

DANIEL Niedzkowski has made his first appearance as S. Grossaspach manager.

Fans and media were left impressed with poise and manner at which the young manager took on and answered the questions fired at him.

Read the transcript of the confrence below..

"Here you stand the manager of S. Grossaspach. Just how pleased are you to land your first full managing role and of course to be here?" - Lars Jan, Eurokick

"I am thrilled to stand here as the manager of SG. This is a chapter of my life that I have been looking forward to for a while now and to finally be here and at a club like S. Grossaspach.. it's surreal. I am just so happy." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"We have heard so much about your philosophy and goals lining up with the clubs. What are those philosophies and goals?" - Michel Ulrich, Football Germany

"I think thats the easiest question ill get today. Its quite simple really. Myself and the club want to climb the divisions. We want to win, we dont want to just exist. Not only that, we want to do it a certain way. We believe in youth and attacking football. If we play in a positive way positive things will happen. That is something the club and I most certainly agree on." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"What do you say to those who have suggested that this will be used as a stepping stone to land more prestigious jobs?" - Tanya Skrobl, Aspach News

"I think it would be highly negligent and disrespectful to be looking past the the challenge and the club I have now. My only focus is SG and it will be until I am no longer required at the club." Daniel Niedzkowski

"Is there anything you would like to say to the fans?" Luka Mertens, WE ARE SG!

"Of course! I would like to say thank you for the opportunity. I am so ever grateful to be apart of this young club and I look forward to building great memories with you all. Komm Schon SG!" Daniel Niedzkowski
  • Facemullet
    edited May 2018
    McbIVpX.jpg

TRANSFERS

03/07
    GRUETHER Fuerth have made an offer of €840,000 for SG Captain, Daniel Hägele. The offer has been rejected by S. Grossaspach with Manager Daniel Niedzkowski saying..

"Daniel is not for sale, we wont be accepting the bid. Daniel is our captain and an integral part of this team. He wont be leaving us." - Daniel Niedzkowski

06/07
    AUE have made an unsuccessful offer of €370,000 for S. Grossaspach Right Back, Seb Schiek.

11/07
    MSV Duisburg has had a bid of €510,000 for SG Striker Timo Röttger accepted. Daniel Niedzkowski confirmed the news at the SG Complex this morning.

"Unfortunately Timo will be moving on in the next few days. We wish him all the best and look forward to seeing him again." - Daniel Niedzkowski

23/07
    FC Luzern has had an offer of €165,000 for SG Left Back Felice Vecchione rebuffed. It is said SG want at least €200,000.

24/07
    FC Luzern's revised bid of €200,000 for Felice Vecchione has been accepted by S. Grossaspach.

• Facemullet
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    Wow, a 3. Bundesliga story is very challenging. Looking forward to see that and good luck, mate!

Thanks a lot mate! This is my first one but I like challenges so lets see what happens :)
  • Facemullet
    edited May 2018
    McbIVpX.jpg

HOME DEBUT APPROACHES FOR NIEDZKOWSKI

S. Grossaspach host FC Magdeburg in their first game of the season. The home town is buzzing with the arrival of young manager Daniel Niedzkowski. His promise of attacking football and a legitimate attempt to climb the German ranks has the stands at the Mechatronik Arena vibrating with life and excitement.

Read the pre match press confrence transcript below..

"Finally the moment is here, your first official match in charge. How do you feel and how is the team coming into todays match?" - Deiter Lowe, EuroKicker

"It all became very real and sunk in quick once I got out there with the team. They have been so so receptive. I couldnt thank them enough, they have been so professional. Which gives me great confidence that we can have a good result. Everyone is positive and happy, we are ready to go." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"With the expected departure of Röttger and Vecchione looming will you be looking to strengthen the squad?" - Marcel Hernstein, FootballMad

"We are looking at a few options but have nothing set in stone. We are very happy with the squad and are more than willing to give them the opportunity if they wish to take it." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"How do you think Magdeburg will line up and what are you expecting from them?" - Charlie Mazere, Eurokick

"I know they will be ready. We are expecting energy. We are expecting a swarm but we will be ready. We have to worry about what we are going to do. If we can achieve that what the opponent does or wants to do is secondary. We must respect our opponent but we must also impose our own game." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"Word has been floating that a new assistant manager is about to be announced. Is this true and if so is anyone else going to be coming or going from the backroom?" - Joachim Frei, Berlin Times.

"I am here to discuss my team and their upcoming match. I wont be entertaining any other topics until after the match." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"What is your realistic goal for this season?" - Laureane Leblanc, ESPN

"Promotion. We want to win every game we play. If we can do that we will be successful.. i hope. " - Daniel Niedzkowski

The press conference ended with a laugh from Niedzkowski and the press room. The home team seem to be in good spirits, will it transfer onto the pitch? Find out at 6:00 pm at the Mechatronik Arena or tune in to our live coverage starting at 5:30 pm.
  • Facemullet
    edited May 2018
    McbIVpX.jpg

S. GROSSASPACH AND NIEDZKOWSKI OFF TO THE PERFECT START WITH 3-1 VICTORY

wutO2EF.jpg

(23) ⚽️D. Hägele 1-0
    (42) ⚽️T. Schwede 1-1
    (64) ⚽️S. Binakaj 2-1
    (90) ⚽️D. Hägele 3-1

S. Grossaspach and new manager Daniel Niedzkowski have hit the ground running with a comfortable 3-1 victory over travelling, FC Magdeburg.

It was a game that saw S. Grossaspach have the lions share of the chances as they saw off the away challenge of Magdeburg.

The home side only had to wait just over 20 minutes to open their account when Greek striker, Fountas played a perfect ball for the in demand SG captain, Daniel Hägele who powered home off the near post and into the side netting on the other side.

It would be the visitors who would score the next goal when Tobias Schwede turned both SG centerbacks before firing in low at the near post.

SG would enjoy the majority of the chances until they had scored their second goal just after the hour.

Magdeburg gave up the ball cheaply just in their own half which saw SG counter with the pace of left winger Joe Gyau who after dashing away delivered the perfect cross to the back post where he found substitute Shqiprim Binakaj who bundled home despite the keepers best efforts.

SG went on to control the game but the result was put beyond doubt in the 90th minute when substitute and out going striker, Timo Röttger played a great ball through to team captain, Daniel Hägele who fired home emphatically for his brace and the win into the right corner.

In a post match interview, Hägele confirmed he is not going anywhere and is happy in Aspach.

"No no no. I'm not going anywhere. I dont think it was ever an option. Im happy here in this city and in this team. Im just so happy we won today, its a big step in the right direction." - SG Captain, Daniel Hägele

Opposition manager, Jens Härtel made no excuses for his teams showing but promised they will not repeat a performance like that next week.

"We lacked desire, they had so much energy. We did well to get back in the game but to be honest the score is fair. We will be much better next week. This is a wake up call thats for sure." FC Magdeburg Manager, Jens Härtel
  • Facemullet
    NIEDZKOWSKI HEAPS PRAISE ON "NATURAL LEADER" HÄGELE AS HE LAUDS SG OPENING DAY WIN.

IT'S the perfect start at the Mechatronik Arena under the new Niedzkowski reign. See what the manager had to say in the transcript below..

uAMDTae.jpg

"Here you sit one game down and one win you must he thrilled." - Lori Schmelt, Aspach Times

"It sounds cliche but it was the perfect start. To start of the season with a win it's such a big boost for the boys. You can see the weight lift off them.. and myself." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"You had the lions share of the shots with less of the ball was that part of the plan?" - Sven Güerler, ESPN

"We wanted to hit them with our strength and thats on the break. We scored and had them coming forward which suited us until their goal but they pressed for more and we were able to counter well two more times. It was important we stayed defensively sound, we did that for the most part." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"You must be pleased with the performance of Daniel Hägele considering the attention he had off the field." - Frank Boor, Eurokick

"Daniel is a professional I knew that he would not let the rumours effect him but yes im so pleased with his performance. He is a natural leader. He stood up for his team today and they responded to that, our reward is three points so to my team and Daniel, Thank you." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"Finally, a nice moment at the end with the outgoing Timo Röttger getting on the park for a last goodbye and also chipping in with a great assist. That must have gone perfectly?" - Niklaus Jung, WE ARE SG

"I was very happy for Timo. He until the end gave his all and had a very nice moment for himself and to share with the team and fans. We wish him all the best and thank him very much for not only today but for everything. Bravo Röttger! - Daniel Niedzkowski
  • Facemullet
    edited May 2018
    McbIVpX.jpg

SG WIN EPIC ENCOUNTER AGAINST HANSA ROSTOCK 3-2

SWJwaK5.jpg

(15) ⚽️T. Fountas 0-1
    (45) ⚽️S. Benyamina 1-1
    (66) ⚽️S. Binakaj 1-2
    (79) ⚽️C. Quiring 2-2
    (81) ⚽️T. Fountas 2-3

IT is S. Grossaspach who came out on top of a chaotic encounter with Hansa Rostock 3-2 at the Ostseestadion.

S. Grossaspach rode their luck during the game but a higher quality of finishing saw them over the line in the end.

The quick starting S. Grossaspach opened the scoring before 20 minutes when Joe Gyau whipped in a cross to the center of the 6 yard box. The header was met unchallenged and guided in by the diminutive Taxiarchis Fountas despite three Hansa defenders watching on around him and Fountas being the smallest player on the field.

Hansa found their way to level terms via the penalty spot when Soufian Benyamina was bundled over on the edge of the box by SG Centerback, Julian Leist. Benyamina subsequently finished the penalty with ease and the two teams went into the break level.

The match was simmering along with Hansa hitting the woodwork twice in a goal mouth scramble but it would be SG in the 66th who would restore their lead. Joe Gyau was again the provider when he slinked past two before whipping in a perfect cross to the flying Shqiprim Binakaj who's header was too much for the keeper.

Despite the lead Hansa pushed harder and came close multiple times before they finally got the goal that brought them level once more. Tim Väyrynen played a delightful ball to spring the offside trap ans slide Christopher Quiring in on goal who finished calmly under the oncoming keeper.

A draw seemed a possibility but never likely given the open nature of the game. However it was S. Grossaspach who managed to pull themselves clear for the third and final time of the match when Daniel Hägele's chipped through ball to the left channel was whipped first time across the box by substitute Jeff-Denis Fehr and was met by a sumptuous volley at the back post from Taxiarchis Fountas.

o6q4HJS.jpg
    FOUNTAS VOLLEYS HOME THE WINNER

Hansa Rostock manager Pavel Dochev lamented the missed chances and felt his side deserved more.

"While we were constantly fighting to get level it didn't feel this way. We should have won this game 5..6 to 3. So to lose at the end and to conceed just after equalizing.. it hurts." - Pavel Dochev

SG forward Taxiarchis Fountas was ecstatic with his and his teams performance.

"I'm very happy to score, especially the winner but this is a team sport. Both of my goals come from crosses so the team is to thank. We fought very hard to keep pulling away and in the end we got our reward." - Taxiarchis Fountas

This win makes it two in a row and an undefeated start to the season by SG who will be hoping to carry this momentum on into their next game at home against FSV Zwickau.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Great start. In the first match, you hadn't the possession but were more clinical in the front of the goal. Against Hansa, it was a tough match where you look to score every each draw goal from them. It's funny cause in this second match, you got the possession but struggled to manage the match and not concede goals.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Welcome and good luck with your story. I need to catch up a bit, but the results are very good so far.

It's difficult to say... but the statistics show that the team is very efficient in attack and you're able to harm the rival without having the ball possession.

Which system do you use?
  • Facemullet
    edited May 2018
    Great start. In the first match, you hadn't the possession but were more clinical in the front of the goal. Against Hansa, it was a tough match where you look to score every each draw goal from them. It's funny cause in this second match, you got the possession but struggled to manage the match and not concede goals.
    Thanks for keeping an eye on the story, hope its not too nooby. Keeping consistent will be a challenege but so vital!
  • Facemullet
    edited May 2018
    subpop wrote: »
    Welcome and good luck with your story. I need to catch up a bit, but the results are very good so far.

It's difficult to say... but the statistics show that the team is very efficient in attack and you're able to harm the rival without having the ball possession.

Which system do you use?

Hey! Thanks for commenting and reading the story!

We play a 5-4-1 with wingbacks.

We play with 2 centerbacks, 2 wing backs pushed up and tucked in slightly. 2 wingers for width. Two center midfielders, 1 center attacking midfielder and one striker
  • Facemullet
    McbIVpX.jpg

NIEDZKOWSKI FRONTS THE MEDIA AFTER EXCITING 3-2 WIN AT THE OSTEESTADION

uAMDTae.jpg

"That was a wild ride, how do you feel about the game as whole considering you have taken the three points?" - Lars Frei, Aspach Times

"Oh boy. That was an exciting game of football.. for the neutrals. For me it was hard obviously. We would pull away and then they would fight back and then we would pull away again only for them to fight more. I am dissapointed at the goals we conceeded but am so happy with the conviction and hunger shown to keep pushing for the win. It was very pleasing." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"Speaking of their goals, what did you make of the penalty decision against your side today?" - Jason King, ESPN

"It's never nice to concede from the spot but I think the right decision was made. Yes it was close to the edge of the box but it was a silly challenge and I think the Referee made the right call." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"What did you make of the post match comments of, Hansa Manager Pavel Dochev who felt his side deserved more for their efforts?" - Rüttger Jens, Berlin Times

"I think if the shoe were on the other foot I'd be saying the same. A draw was probably the "fair" result but when is football fair? Im thankful we got over the line this week and we will build to a stronger performance next week." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"Obviously its a team effort but how pleased are you with the likes of Taxiarchis Fountas and Joe Gyau who respectively scored a brace and set up two goals?" - Olga Fae, EUROKICK

"Of course this is a team game and sport but so often individual moments can turn games. Im so please with Gyau's commitment forward and his final product has been perfect. I think the happiest moment for Taxi is that he scored a header! But seriously his movement and energy was so good. It kept the opposition center backs guessing which was crucial." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"Next week you host FSV Zwickau. This a great chance for you to make it three from three especially given FSV's struggles recently. Have you looked at exploiting any weaknesses in the side? - Sven Jung, Rostock Journal

"We have been completely focused on this match. To look past Hansa would have been to our own detriment. We have plenty of time to work on our approach. If we play like we did last week and patches of how we played today we should get a positive result." - Daniel Niedzkowski
  • Facemullet
    edited May 2018
    McbIVpX.jpg

SCINTILLATING SG SCORE SIX UNANSWERED IN MECHATRONIK ARENA MASSACRE

1skDVKm.jpg

(9) ⚽️ J. Gyau 1-0
    (12) ⚽️ S. Binakaj 2-0
    (29) ⚽️ D. Hägele 3-0
    (41) ⚽️ J. Gyau 4-0
    (60) ⚽️ S. Binakaj 5-0
    (89) ⚽️ J. Fehr 6-0

It would be the in form home side, S. Grossaspach who would devastate their opposition FSV Zwickau 6-0 in their clash at the Mechatronik Arena.

The scoring started early for the home team when Daniel Hägele was needlesly fouled about 35 yards out. The in form caotain would play a lovely cross in to the leaping Joe Gyau who nodded home to the bottom right corner.

2lts2On.jpg
    GYAU HEADS HIS TEAM INFRONT

The SG faithful only had to wait another 12 minutes until Joe Gyau went from scorer to provider when he mazed past defenders to the byline and laid off the perfect cut back for the incoming Shqiprim Binakaj to slot home.

Ten minutes later it would be the Captain, Daniel Hägele who would put the result to bed with 30 minutes after his one-two combination with Taxi Fountas was blasted into the right top corner to make it 3-0

Not long after right winger Shqiprim Binakaj would return the favour to Joe Gyau. Binakaj syrged into the box before turning a defender and laying a ball across the 18 yard box to Joe Gyau who on the other side took a touch inside and curles home for the goal of the day.

Binakaj was not done however after a fast break saw a three on two opportunity which was played perfectly by the skipper Daniel Hägele as he slipped through Binakaj who finished calmly past the keeper.

15CKrCO.jpg
    BINAKAJ SLOTS HOME

Unfortunately the pain didn't end there for FSV as they conceeded a sixth and final goal in the 89th minute when a break from a corner saw substitute striker Saliou Sane one on one with the keeper who unselfishly passed it off to his substitute winger team mate Jeff-Denis Fehr who rolled the ball into an empty net.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2018
    Such a perfect match. When Niedzkowski's guys got the ball, they knew what to do: score. The last pass worked in 6 of 9 attempts, it's something to be proud and always there is room for improvement.
  • Facemullet
    Such a perfect match. When Niedzkowski's guys got the ball, they knew what to do: score. The last pass worked in 6 of 9 attempts, it's something to be proud and always there is room for improvement.

It really was. I was shocked as they kept going in. 6-0 isnt a regular scoreline for me so I enjoyed it! Thanks for keeping track, I really appreciate it!
  • Facemullet
    edited May 2018
    McbIVpX.jpg
    SG BOSS DANIEL NIEDZKOWSKI SAVOURS THE MOMENT BUT ALREADY HAS HIS EYES SET ON SC PADERBORN

uAMDTae.jpg

"Its safe to say no one was expecting that, where you?" - Vincent Detier, Aspach Times

"Not like that. Not with six great goals. I believed we could win if we did what we were supposed to but i'd be lying if I predicted 6-0. Zwickau are better than that." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"You managed six more shots and that indeed was the difference and yet again all with less of the ball this is clearly the plan, just how pleased are you?" - Dennis Dru, EUROKICK

"You can have as much money as you want but if you dont spend it what is the point? I feel too many teams try to be what they are not. We know what we are. We are young, fast, hungry and so passionate about football and how we play it. I hope that you can all see that." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"You mention identity, the team really seems to work well dont they? You sit here three from three and the stands are filling does that all come down to results?" - Brie Urlein, ESPN

"I think results are a big part but its not the only part. Family is a big part. Being together from the top down. From ceo to fan we must be together striving for a common goal. We are just starting to do that, hopefully it can continue." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"This is a huge win not only for the club as whole but for yourself. This surely cements that you belong at this level?" - Denis Sau, WE ARE SG!

"This is a massive win for everyone but I knew I belong before this result. I would not have taken the job if I didn't. The reality is next week we must go play Paderborn and while I encourage the fans to celebrate me and my team will begin preperations. If we lose next week these three points mean nothing." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"Joe Gyau and Shqiprim Binakaj and even to a lesser extent Denis Fehr are really thriving under your system. You must be pleased with how well they are playing?" - Michael Howëdt, German Football

"They have all been fantastic. The way we play the wingers is so important. They must have quality. We give them the chance to show it and look what they can do. Hopefully they can keep it going, i have no reason to believe they won't." - Daniel Niedzkowski
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Welcome from my side as well! Great to see a german third tier side here now. A great league and Großaspach is a pleasant club. What a start to the season. Couldn't have asked for a better one especially with the latest highscoring win. Willing to follow if you can lead them to promotion after they seemed so close in 2015/16 and messed it up in the second half of the season.
  • subpop
    The team are flying. There is a trend in all the games. The team show power and impact in attack, without much ball possession, which suggests an efficient direct style. But lately the defense also prove to be solid.

Great start for the season.
  • Facemullet
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Welcome from my side as well! Great to see a german third tier side here now. A great league and Großaspach is a pleasant club. What a start to the season. Couldn't have asked for a better one especially with the latest highscoring win. Willing to follow if you can lead them to promotion after they seemed so close in 2015/16 and messed it up in the second half of the season.

Thanks for the kind words and following! It has been a great start and I think promotion is certainly the goal given the start.
  • Facemullet
    The team are flying. There is a trend in all the games. The team show power and impact in attack, without much ball possession, which suggests an efficient direct style. But lately the defense also prove to be solid.

Great start for the season.

Yeah they really are. Im pleased with it. The challenge will be games where we cant quite finish or face a team who finishes well. Time will tell! Thanks for following!
  • Facemullet
    edited May 2018
    McbIVpX.jpg

ACHE AND CHAHED ARRIVE WHILE VECCHIONE AND RÖTTGER LEAVE

Felice Vecchione has been sold for €200,000 to FC Luzern.

Timo Röttger has been sold for €420,000 to Dresden.

S. Grossaspach sign Sparta Rotterdam forward Ragnar Ache for €1.6 million on a three year deal.

S. Grossaspach sign Magdeburg winger Tarek Chahed for €560,000 on a two year deal.
  • Danimal5981
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nine goals scored, two against: it's clear you're one of the favourites: good luck!
    By the way, two pictures (of your Hansa game no longer upload)
  • Facemullet
    edited May 2018
    McbIVpX.jpg

S. GROSSASPACH AND SC PADERBORN SHARE THE SPOILS IN CONTROVERSIAL 1-1 DRAW.

f2Mw3bd.jpg

(8) ⚽️ T. Fountas 1-0
    (60) ⚽️ M. Ritter 1-1

SG would see their winning start to the season evaporare as they drew a tight game with SC Paderborn.

Once more, SG started on fire when SG Captain Daniel Hägele showed quick feet to eveade defenders on the edge of the box and slipped through the in form Taxiarchis Fountas who easily finished past the keeper.

ocrQh1A.jpg
    FOUNTAS FINISHES

The game would burst to life with both teams having chances but no goals would be scored until the second half.

However controversey struck the tie when Paderborn midfileder, Ben Zolinski rounded the keeper and cut the ball back for his striker Marlon Ritter who smashed home. The goal was disallowed however after officials said the ball went behind for a goalkick before Zolinksi cut back to Ritter. Replays suggest the whole ball had not gone out and the goal should have stood.

fe8DSdq.jpg
    CONTROVERSEY STRIKES.

However it was not to be and it would be the travelling SG who entered the halftime break 1-0 up.

Both teams eased back into the game but it was SG asking all the question up until the hour mark when the this time in play Ben Zolinkski played a lovely sequence wth Paderborn Striker, Marlon Ritter who rolled the ball past the SG keeper and in at the back post.

szgyFcR.jpg
    RITTER EQUALIZES FOR SC PADERBORN

Both sides would press for the winner but it was not to be worh both sides rattling the crossbar before the final whistle blew ending the game 1-1

SC Paderborn manager, Steffen Baumgart was raging with the decision that saw their goal before the half waved away.

"We should be singing our team song in the sheds. Instead we are sitting here thinking about what should have been. The officials have a hard job but so do we, this helped no one." - Steffen Baumgart, SC Paderborn manager.

S. Grossaspach manager, Daniel Niedzkowski was not as annoyed with the result as his colleague.

"I did not see. People are saying it was very close but who knows. I know both teams tried very hard to win the game but neither could. This is a good result for us. To travel away to a team that was in the Bundesliga not long ago and to remain unbeaten is something to be pleased with. Any points are good points. - Daniel Niedzkowski

The focus must now turn to next week where SG have their first derby of the year when they host VFR AALEN at the Mechatronik Arena.
  • Facemullet
    edited May 2018
    pzKAHBl.jpg

(7) ⚽️ D. Hägele 1-0
    (41)⚽️ G. Wegkamp 1-1
    (52)⚽️ S. Binakaj 2-1

SG RETURN TO WINNING WITH A 2-1 VICTORY OVER RIVALS VFR AALEN

DANIEL Niedzkowski and his men returned to winning ways when they defeated rivals VFR Aalen 2-1 at the Mechatronik Arena

SG have been known for their lightning starts and were able to achieve another one when after seven minutes captain, Daniel Hägele and Joe Gyau jumped over the one defender marking them both at the back post. It would be the captain who would get the defining touch after a perfect cross from the in form Shqiprim Binakaj.

8jyyB0b.jpg
    HÄGELE RISES ABOVE AND SCORES

Both sides continued to make chances but it was more the visitors, VFR edging forward and their endeavour was rewarded as once again SG switched off just before the break.

Just five minutes before the break VFR found themselves level when a nice move down the left resulted in a whipped in low cross to the near post where VFR Stiker Gerrit Wegkamp smasheD Into the chest of the SG keeper before bundling the rebound home.

P5bMgsg.jpg
    WEGKAMP EQUALIZES FOR VFR

Whatever was said be Niedzkowski at half time had worked because it was SG who once more started the half with intensity. Within seven minutes of the new half SG had restored their lead over their rivals when the livewire Taxi Fountas broke down the left and delivered the perfect cross for the marauding Shqiprim Binakaj who powered his header back across the keeper unchallenged.

4Lwy2JO.jpg
    BINAKAJ RESTORES SG'S LEAD

The game kept its pace with VFR surging for an equalizer late but it wasn't to be and SG would go on to win the tie 2-1 and return to winning ways.

VFR Aalen manager Peter Vollmann rued the chance to take a point from his rival.

"It's a dissapointing result. We feel we deserved a point but we leave with nothing. Credit to SG who refuse to let up. We will be better next week." - Peter Vollmann, VFR Manager.

3EBy95d.jpg
    VOLLMANN AND NIEDZKOWSKI EMBRACE AFTER FINAL WHISTLE

Captain Daniel Hägele had nothing but praise for his team after their hard fought victory.

"We played so well. We kept hassling and hassling them. They had good opportunuties but we took ours so we take the points too. This is a special one for the fans I hope they enjoy this." - Daniel Hägele, SG Captain.
  • Facemullet
    Nine goals scored, two against: it's clear you're one of the favourites: good luck!
    By the way, two pictures (of your Hansa game no longer upload)

The start has been good. 5 games in 4 wins and 1 draw is a great start, hopefully we can push on. Thanks for watching and commenting!
  • Facemullet
    edited May 2018
    McbIVpX.jpg

"WE MUST IMPROVE" NIEDZKOWSKI URGES MORE FROM HIS TEAM AFTER 2-1 VICTORY

uAMDTae.jpg

"You're back to winning ways but was this match a tougher one for your side than last week? It seemed that VFR were really up for it today." - Jens Thermann, ESPN

"I think that is a correct assessment. However what else would you expect? This is a derby and they had an extra spring in their step, it seemed at times we did not but we got the win so we are happy." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"You mention you lacked the extra spring in your step, if thats the case what got your team over the line?" - Frank Greiger, Aspach Times

"Our hunger. We really really wanted to win. Sometimes your body wont be up to it but your mind can make up the difference. If you truly want something you can have it. We really wanted this win for our fans and for us and we got it." - Daniel Niedzkowski

"Your side is now five games deep into the season. You see yourselves with thirteen points. Four wins and one draw, how happy are you with how the team has started?" - Pascal Grob, WE ARE SG!

"I am of course ecstatic with the start but we have seen the games intensity and difficulty rise in the last two games. I have a philosophy if you are wobbly you must push forward. We must improve and get better. We have started well but realistically it's just five games." - Daniel Niedzkowski
  • subpop
    Two good results to remain unbeaten. As I said earlier, the style of the team is clear: direct football and efficiency. The stats also show that the team struggled a bit more in the last couple of games, but even in the "bad" days the team is competitive.

Please, show us the league table from time to time. Thanks!
  • Facemullet
    S. GROSSASPACH 5 GAME REVIEW.

VycoAzD.jpg

FIXTURES

✔ 3-1 vs FC Magdeburg (H)
    ✔ 3-2 vs Hansa Rostock (A)
    ✔ 6-0 vs FSV Zwickau (H)
    ➖ 1-1 vs SC Paderborn (A)
    ✔ 2-1 vs VFR Aalen (H)

TOP GOAL SCORERS

9hTOCO4.jpg

TOP ASSISTS

h3vRgkk.jpg

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

DANIEL HÄGELE

A43K8zj.jpg
  • Facemullet
    Two good results to remain unbeaten. As I said earlier, the style of the team is clear: direct football and efficiency. The stats also show that the team struggled a bit more in the last couple of games, but even in the "bad" days the team is competitive.

Please, show us the league table from time to time. Thanks!

Yeah our ethos is set it seems. The challenege will always be consistency. The real challenege will be Liga 2 and onward I feel. However I'm happy, every opponent ive played sits in the top 10 currently so *hopefully* some easier games are on the horizon so we can push clear.

I was going to originally do a review every 5 games with the table but I think ill post the table after every game in the match report!