• BILLYT96
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    4231 narrow
  • Morley86
    388 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've tried it mate
  • BILLYT96
    Best you’ll get for creativity/solid defence imo, or you could try 4222 with one of the strikers instructions as false 9
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
  • Morley86
    388 posts An Exciting Prospect
    BILLYT96 wrote: »
    Best you’ll get for creativity/solid defence imo, or you could try 4222 with one of the strikers instructions as false 9

Would hazard or Del piero be good for the false 9
  • BILLYT96
    Morley86 wrote: »

Would hazard or Del piero be good for the false 9

Del piero would be great
  • AdrianYeo
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Have been using 41212(2) for a long time.. kinda of bored nw..

4321 tried sometime, but it seem too narrow for me.
    Is 433(4) fun and good?
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    AdrianYeo wrote: »
    Have been using 41212(2) for a long time.. kinda of bored nw..

4321 tried sometime, but it seem too narrow for me.
    Is 433(4) fun and good?

It's fun if you like wide attacks, but really hard to defend. I recommend "come short" for wingers - they will still make runs but building attacks is easier.
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    Which formation is good for creativity and and a solid defence

+1 on what @BILLYT96 wrote.

4231 and 4222 are great defensively because of the 2 CDMs, even if you have just one of them stay back. ADP will be great either false 9 striker on 4222 or as central cam on 4231 narrow. For 4231 you need two rather fast wide cams with good passing and finishing. They're not super fast counter formations like 4321 or 4312, but you can attack wide or build through the middle CAM / false 9, who needs to be able to shield the ball too.
  • AdrianYeo
    Salama wrote: »

4231 and 4222 are great defensively because of the 2 CDMs, even if you have just one of them stay back. ADP will be great either false 9 striker on 4222 or as central cam on 4231 narrow. For 4231 you need two rather fast wide cams with good passing and finishing. They're not super fast counter formations like 4321 or 4312, but you can attack wide or build through the middle CAM / false 9, who needs to be able to shield the ball too.

Thanks mate, how abt 4411?
    I am really bad on defense.. whenever I press running jockey + teammate contain, sometime the defender jus open wide and let the attacker pass...
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional

Thanks mate, how abt 4411?
    I am really bad on defense.. whenever I press running jockey + teammate contain, sometime the defender jus open wide and let the attacker pass...

Don't press teammate contain :) to make it easy, just jockey with your CDMs, block the long shots and passing lanes, and use some auto contain to stay close to the attacking player, but not too much of that either. Standing tackle only if you get really close. When your 4 defender 2 cdm formation is intact, it's not easy to break through.

Haven't really played 4411 but there's a great guide thread!
  • BigGuyStan
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The 4-3-3(4) is a fun formation in my opinion, as mentioned above. As someone said, your wingers should have the instruction "come short" as it will let you make some nice build-up play and not only counterattacks.

I suggest you use a strong and fairly fast CAM. The CAM role in this formation is so important, so having a solid player there is a must. Also, a good passing stat makes him able to make some nice through balls to the three upfront.
  • ThommyAre
    770 posts Semi-Pro
    4-3-3 (4) is quality. CAM is vital though, and make sure your wingers are guys you can trust to finish a worldie. It almost doesn't matter who your striker is, so long as both wings and CAM work well together. I had 87 Son, 87 PTG Sterling at CAM and OTW Salah at RW up until not long ago and they worked so well togther
  • Notformeclive
    2393 posts Fans' Favourite

I do this with 442(2), 'false nine, stay central'.
  • AdrianYeo
    BigGuyStan wrote: »
    The 4-3-3(4) is a fun formation in my opinion, as mentioned above. As someone said, your wingers should have the instruction "come short" as it will let you make some nice build-up play and not only counterattacks.

I suggest you use a strong and fairly fast CAM. The CAM role in this formation is so important, so having a solid player there is a must. Also, a good passing stat makes him able to make some nice through balls to the three upfront.

What is the meaning of “come short”
  • AdrianYeo
    ThommyAre wrote: »
    4-3-3 (4) is quality. CAM is vital though, and make sure your wingers are guys you can trust to finish a worldie. It almost doesn't matter who your striker is, so long as both wings and CAM work well together. I had 87 Son, 87 PTG Sterling at CAM and OTW Salah at RW up until not long ago and they worked so well togther

I have prepared this line up for 433(4)
    Tif son, swap ibra, POTY Salah
    Tots rabiot, baby Hagi, swap henderson
    Baby zaneti, Thiago Silva, motm kompany, if aurier.

Mostly are my untradeable except for Silva, kompany and aurier.

Does it look ok?
  • Kappibey
    20 posts Ball Boy
    442 looks nice both defending and attacking . rm -lm can play as cm's and totally creative
  • Koolfashion
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    4222, 70 pressure and agression. Right striker balanced instruction, left striker get in behind, press the backline, wide cams balanced. One cdm balanced and second cdm stay back while attacking and you are good to go.
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional

Does it look ok?

Looks ok. Midfield could maybe be stronger defensively, but nice wingers!

Player instructions for wingers - come short, maybe cut inside.

Means they'll drop down on the wings to receive passes. The problem with too offensive instructions with 433 is your wingers may get isolated. Come short fixes this, and your fast wingers will still make the runs.
  • Socalj11
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    4312 for me
  • theraduku
    903 posts Semi-Pro

does that really work? I have been playing 442(2) lately and I just got my st instructions as get in behind. Should I put false 9 on messi for example?
  • AdrianYeo

Does it look ok?

Looks ok. Midfield could maybe be stronger defensively, but nice wingers!

Player instructions for wingers - come short, maybe cut inside.

Means they'll drop down on the wings to receive passes. The problem with too offensive instructions with 433 is your wingers may get isolated. Come short fixes this, and your fast wingers will still make the runs.

Thanks mate.
    Any player instructions and custom tactics to share?
  • Notformeclive
    2393 posts Fans' Favourite
    theraduku wrote: »

does that really work? I have been playing 442(2) lately and I just got my st instructions as get in behind. Should I put false 9 on messi for example?

Seems to, try it, leave the other striker on get in behind.

For me if you have no CM or CAM and both your strikers are running away from the ball the distances are big. I know there is a LM/RM but I need one of my strikers to come short.
  • Baschti
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Up
  • mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    Tomb1302 wrote: »

Yes