Last icon SBC..... who to do?

Waspy
3885 posts National Call-Up
Good morning gents..

As per the title, have been sat on a good number of untradeable players now for sometime, decided to finally go for a final Icon SBC and use the packs next week but here is my dilemma......

I could do Rio or Maldini - would mean trading in 87 Desailly or keeping and just buying the cheapest icon and completing.

Larsson / Crespo - Not 100% sold on either.... but Larsson looks very good.

Petit - Bakayoko is costing me too many mistakes so id replace with Petit or do one of the above and buy back 85 Blanc as a 2 CDM.

I play a 3-5-2, will be picking up CR7 so will be left with maybe 900k...... So i can't afford a 'big' icon' hence the above

Comments

• i2-TempZ-2i
    6327 posts Big Money Move
    Been tempted to trade in my prime desailly for maldini at some point during tots but just not sure tbh
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm in a similar boat, I have an untradable Kluivert to ditch and a few others such as swap Ibra I'd be prepared to lose but nothing leaps out right now. Looking at those needing one icon I'm tempted by Blanc but not sure.

As for your original question,Larsson is great and worth it if it's cheap enough for you but there'll be better TOTS under 400k probably.
  • Pxul_
    7712 posts League Winner
    Okocha
    qUe_Qp.gif
  • Waspy
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Okocha
    qUe_Qp.gif

oh my........
  • Scholesyy
    1405 posts Professional
    edited May 2018
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Okocha
    qUe_Qp.gif

Players are so confused they're even defending outside the pitch.
  • Waspy
    I'm in a similar boat, I have an untradable Kluivert to ditch and a few others such as swap Ibra I'd be prepared to lose but nothing leaps out right now. Looking at those needing one icon I'm tempted by Blanc but not sure.

As for your original question,Larsson is great and worth it if it's cheap enough for you but there'll be better TOTS under 400k probably.

thanks man, well prime Rio for me is the only one that truly stands out.... playing 3 at the back i have valencia on 7 chem which isn't great.......
  • Waspy
    but then Bakayoko is utter trash for me! Baby blanc still worth 300k all day long you think?
  • Bigfootisblurry
    Waspy wrote: »
    but then Bakayoko is utter trash for me! Baby blanc still worth 300k all day long you think?

Not with TOTS , I just sold him (again). Honestly prefer birthday Yaya these days.
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move

Still loving Blanc, doesn't feel out of place next to Prime Guillit.
  • Waspy
    JamieT96 wrote: »

have to say both him and FUT Birthday Florenzi are notably missing in my team ATM. Florenzis recovery pace was absolutely incredible and Blanc 100% (at least IMO) plays well above his stats. Its a nice problem to have don't get me wrong...

Do you think Blanc would suit a CDM role in a 3-5-2? The bonus is I can then get CR7 on full chem.... playing next to Prime Rijkaard
  • JamieT96

have to say both him and FUT Birthday Florenzi are notably missing in my team ATM. Florenzis recovery pace was absolutely incredible and Blanc 100% (at least IMO) plays well above his stats. Its a nice problem to have don't get me wrong...

Do you think Blanc would suit a CDM role in a 3-5-2? The bonus is I can then get CR7 on full chem.... playing next to Prime Rijkaard

Absolutely agree with this. I ran 352 for the past few WLs, granted I only play about 20 games a weekend but he was also great there, couldn't say he's any better or worse in a 352, 4231, 41212 or 4312.
  • Pxul_
    7712 posts League Winner
    Ronaldinho > Okocha> Everyone else
  • Waspy
    edited May 2018
    hmmmmm happy days, just picked up an 85 Blanc with a shadow chem style for 270k! Seems a decent price @JamieT96 ?
  • gabriel1990
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    hmmmmm happy days, just picked up an 85 Blanc with a shadow chem style for 270k! Seems a decent price @JamieT96 ?

Nice one. Just 3 days ago I picked up a fresh one for 315k
  • Waspy
    Thanks @gabriel1990 just assumed it can't make much more of a loss surely! Seems minimal risk I think. Have missed him in my team for sure! Nice pick up though being fresh!

I swear he was 304ish earlier today as well, so either dumb luck or he'll tumble more and leave me feeling bad hahahaha
  • gabriel1990
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2018
    Yea. Last few days he went up and down in price real quick. I think its a good addition to any team if you don't have Vieira and Co. in midfield. Really solid, good heading, good shot and defends really well. That defending stat is all lies
  • Waspy
    Yea. Last few days he went up and down in price real quick. I think its a good addition to any team if you don't have Vieira and Co. in midfield. Really solid, good heading, good shot and defends really well. That defending stat is all lies

i'm hoping what with him and Rijkaard at CDM it will shore things up a bit and stop (well lessen) the wayward midfield distribution!
  • JamieT96

Sounds good, paid 450 for mine a month or two ago.
  • keyroy
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    Larrson and petit are both quality. Id probably suggest petit as the upgrade from baka should be significant
  • Bigfootisblurry
    This thread had spurred my on to complete Crespo and from the 83 squad jumbo gold out walked TOTS Giovinco!

Now, to keep or sell. I wanted to try him but have Gomez untradable in that spot now. I'm also worried a potential tradable SBC tonight will kill his value.
  • Gorda
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    This thread had spurred my on to complete Crespo and from the 83 squad jumbo gold out walked TOTS Giovinco!

Now, to keep or sell. I wanted to try him but have Gomez untradable in that spot now. I'm also worried a potential tradable SBC tonight will kill his value.
    I would sell Giovinco huge risk it Will be a tradable tots Sbc in 2 Hours.
  • gabriel1990
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gorda wrote: »

Source?
  • JamieT96

Source?

There's no source for a tradeable. EA have said there will be league TOTS SBCs on Sundays and Tuesdays people are guessing that Tuesdays will be tradeable.

I agree with @Gorda, I'd sell now.
  • Waspy

nice one you jammiy g!t ..... !!

I'd sell fella.....
  • gabriel1990
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero

Source?

There's no source for a tradeable. EA have said there will be league TOTS SBCs on Sundays and Tuesdays people are guessing that Tuesdays will be tradeable.

I agree with @Gorda, I'd sell now.

I'd also sell anyway. Looking forward to a tradable one to sell my 84 and 85's also
  • Bigfootisblurry
    edited May 2018
    Nah, I'm keeping. I'll shoe horn them all in somehow. 100k loss isn't a big deal at this stage and it'll be nice to have another first owner card in the team

Edit: Welcome Hernan! I don't think 300k (+untradable Ibra) is too bad for Crespo and Gio.
    Post edited by Bigfootisblurry on
  • Waspy
    Nah, I'm keeping. I'll shoe horn them all in somehow. 100k loss isn't a big deal at this stage and it'll be nice to have another first owner card in the team

Edit: Welcome Hernan! I don't think 300k (+untradable Ibra) is too bad for Crespo and Gio.

going all in for Rio I think... picked up a Laudrup for 250k.... surely thats worth a Prime Rio!!!
  • Bigfootisblurry

going all in for Rio I think... picked up a Laudrup for 250k.... surely thats worth a Prime Rio!!!

Do it and feedback! A top level CB is on my shopping list and a still have that Kluivert wasting space.