The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Dodds' TOTS Player / Team Reviews [Closed]

134
Dodds
8770 posts League Winner
edited July 2015
yXXXwpg.png

Right as TOTS' is right under way, I've decided as I have started to buy a lot of the TOTS players over the past few days. I'm going to be building a lot of squads and using quite a few players over the coming months before FIFA 16. So I'll be 'reviewing' these players and teams.

People may or may not be interested in this, but I'll be posting the teams I'll be playing with as well as little reviews for each player in that specific team and how they played etc.

Most of my formations will start out on paper as 433(4) however I may dabble into different formations if people are wanting to know about a player in a certain position.

Reviews (Clickable Pictures)
SkKYILW.png
myg2Iki.png
PVo8cwg.png
vANdHLP.png
AnHO4f3.png
uI4GxQJ.png
Title_Bar.png
4RRdKcw.png
ukAZwk9.png
qQhUwU4.png
4zvwYEk.png
oF32lDC.png
Post edited by Dodds on

Comments

  • hoban95
    51705 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Any bad review on Eden and we'll be having words, Dodds.
  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Any bad review on Eden and we'll be having words, Dodds.

    I'll need to find a 1st owner, fresh one first my friend.
  • hoban95
    51705 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    lol good luck
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Great idea mate will look forward to your reviews ;)
  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    hoban95 wrote: »
    lol good luck

    Yeah I'm probably going to end up waiting till EASFC TOTS, although theres a few Alexis' up. But they are near max and no way am I paying that when he's near on min.
    Crossland wrote: »
    Great idea mate will look forward to your reviews ;)

    Thanks man, should have the first one up soonish. Played about 5 games so far going to do another 5 atleast.
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Dodds wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    lol good luck

    Yeah I'm probably going to end up waiting till EASFC TOTS, although theres a few Alexis' up. But they are near max and no way am I paying that when he's near on min.
    Crossland wrote: »
    Great idea mate will look forward to your reviews ;)

    Thanks man, should have the first one up soonish. Played about 5 games so far going to do another 5 atleast.

    Wicked bud ;)
  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    edited June 2015
    SkKYILW.png

    yzCVmVh.png

    P10 • W8 • D0 • L2
    1 Cup Win

    Team Overview:
    Well with any team winning 80% of games isn't bad at all. Especially due to myself not playing since price ranges were introduced.

    Overall the team is very good, although the lack of pace on the midfield doesn't really help to get away from the pace demons on UT. The two losses were very annoying as one came in the Final of the Cup as well as the first round. The one in the first round was to a Serie A 5 back team, with Icardi bossing Terry all over.

    Player Overview:
    Verhaegh: well honestly for 15k you can't ask for more I suppose, he's decent at defending however if you are playing against a Hazard/Ronaldo type player you will never be able to catch up with them. If you have the coins I would seriously go with TOTY Lahm as he, as you would think is planets ahead unfortunately.
    [10/0/0/2/0]

    Boateng: wow, that's all I can say about this card. After 10 games, I would really put him up there as my best CB I've used this year. He's so quick (once he gets to top speed), so powerful and wins literally everything in the air. As well as his 80 passing you can switch the play fantastically from one side of the pitch to the other. Reminds me of TOTS Hummels last year, great player. His goal came from the GK passing it out from a goal kick.
    [10/1/0/3/0]

    Terry: I really don't know what to say about this card, as he's really inconsistent imo. Some games the positions he takes up is incredible, however some times he puts Boateng under immense pressure due to his pace. Obviously his standing/sliding tackles as well as in the air he's fantastic however I don't know how I feel overall about him.
    [10/0/0/1/0]

    Bertrand: this card is fantastic, he may not be the fastest player you could put at LB but he sure is going to be one of my go to players now. He's like a blue/silver Alaba, why wouldn't anyone want a BPL Alaba? I never used his NIF but this TOTS is fantastic, I wonder how Azpilicueta compares.
    [10/0/1/2/0]

    Castro: one of the players I was most looking forward to using and one of the main players I wanted to build in this team. His stats do not lie, however he fades in and out of games but you really can't complain as he's always there when you need him. His 80 shooting on the card, is a lie imo. Around the area he didn't really cause many problems and long shots weren't even bothering the cameramen. I think he may be a decent CAM with his M/M work rates.
    [10/1/2/2/0]

    Matic; you might as well call the Serbian monster a plug. As thats all he does, if Bertrand or Boateng go for a wander he just plugs the gaps. His passing is very good, he's really strong, great in the air. Cant really go wrong for the price he is going for. Both his goals came in the final of the Gold Cup too.
    [10/2/2/1/0]

    Cazorla: like Terry I don't know what I think about this card yet, he's really weak. He also sometimes takes a while to get the ball out his feet, the 96 dribbling seems a lie too. However the passing and shooting around the area is godly. I didn't really get many assists with him though as he seemed to get bogged down with players like Ramires, Yaya, Di Maria very quickly. I think the more I play with him the more I'll enjoy him though. Fantastic volley: http://bit.ly/1S8k1P4 (Xbox Clips)
    [10/2/3/0/0]

    Bellarabi: I really wasn't expecting much from Karim, I mainly used as he was a TOTS and I packed him to fill a hole. However definitely the surprise package of the team, with his pace and dribbling he's always a danger - especially playing against Alba, Alaba, Clichy who always like to push up the pitch. For the price he's a definite try, 2 goals and 9 assists in 10 games is fantastic imo.
    [10/2/9/0/0]

    Bolasie: definitely a player that I wanted to try as soon as I seen the BPL line up. I love players with skills and he has all dem skills. His shooting at times are a little off putting but he scored some really important goals for us too. I certainly wouldn't be shooting from anything over 25 yards as it will be in row Z. With the skills and pace etc he's a nice card to use, I think I'll be using him in many teams or until I get Hazard.
    [10/6/3/1/0]

    Costa: main reason of this team, one of the first IF's I pulled this year so I kind of have a thing for big Diego this year. Huge improvement on the IF however I've not used the SIF, he's always available for the ball, his runs are great and his power/strength is lovely too. Anywhere in the area, first time fake shot and you'll be celebrating before you press that B button. He had around a 2:1 goal ratio after 5 games, although a few rage quits in the 10 games pushed it down a little. Definitely a card I'm going to have in loads of teams for the rest of the game, can't wait to put with Aguero.
    [10/16/4/1/0]
    Post edited by Dodds on
  • KingLionel10
    15181 posts World Class
    I find that Santi struggles to get the ball out his feet quick enough too. Nice reviews anyway mate. Bookmarked :)
  • Dasco
    6528 posts Big Money Move
    Completely agree with your Costa review, I'm 2:1 with him aswell after nearly 50 games. Bolasies shooting is sometimes inconsistent however with his dribbling/physical he'll normally find himself in a position to score easy chances.
  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    I find that Santi struggles to get the ball out his feet quick enough too. Nice reviews anyway mate. Bookmarked :)

    Thanks for the bookmark :)
    Dasco wrote: »
    Completely agree with your Costa review, I'm 2:1 with him aswell after nearly 50 games. Bolasies shooting is sometimes inconsistent however with his dribbling/physical he'll normally find himself in a position to score easy chances.

    Thanks for deleting that Dasco and yeah Costa is incredible. Cant believe people were saying he was dreadful!
  • Bigmanawesomeness
    539 posts Sunday League Hero
    can u review some cheaper teams?
  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    can u review some cheaper teams?

    I'll be using cheaper players of course. Players like Bellarabi, Terry, Verhaegh, Castro and Matic are all under 60k players :)
  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    I'll probably have another review up later on, it's a change of formation for me too.

    Played 8 games so only 2 left. Really enjoying the team even though I thought I'd hate it.
  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    myg2Iki.png

    SE3U401.png

    P10 • W8 • D0 • L2
    1 Cup Win

    Team Overview:
    Well I’m really surprised at this team, I really didn’t think that I would be able to match the results of the Costa team. First game I was so annoyed as the team just didn’t ‘link’, although after putting instructions on the team they just clicked.

    Two main things I would change would be TOTS Alves for Hero Mandanda and another English CAM instead of Ward Prowse, I really thought he would be good (Mandanda). After 5 games I couldn’t think of anything to change, however after Thiago Silva getting sent off after a perfect tackle in the 6th minute he basically turned into a sieve. He conceded 7 goals, even though there was only 8 shots from the other team.

    Player Overview:
    Clyne: massive improvement on his NIF silver card, I pulled him in an untradeable pack and used him quite a lot. This TOTS is definitely going to be one of more used players in the next teams I’ll be making. Very quick, very strong, tackles are great and his crossing is surprisingly very good too. For his price, if you have a BPL team it’s a no brainer.
    [10/0/1/0/0]

    Verratti: I really enjoy Verratti as a player IRL, however playing him as a CDM was just as a chem link. In game I swapped him with Gonalons, he wasn’t very much involved I think he’d be a much better player in the middle of the park as a CM with two CDM’s behind him. Might have to try him there when the Ligue 1 TOTS comes out.
    [10/0/1/0/0]

    Henderson: like Verratti he didn’t really get much into the games in this formation. I couldn’t really pick out a main strength from using him other than he’s okay at all things. I really wouldn’t use him over the likes of Matic, Castro etc.
    [10/1/1/0/0]

    Gonalons: never used his NIF however this card is really good at CDM when swapped in game. I really wouldn’t use him as a wide CM as he just won’t be in the game at all, his pace is more than useful as well as his incredible strength and defending stats. He would be excellent linked up with Castro or Matic. They would honestly be like a wall to get through. Very very nice card.
    [10/0/1/0/0]

    Wilson: this card is honestly fantastic, when I seen him in the MC TOTS along with Marcelo they were the two cards I really wanted to try. His pace is lightning and his shooting is fantastic, bare in mind that he’s been playing against TOTY, TOTS defenders and he’s scored 11 goals and had 8 assists. I couldn’t imagine the destruction that he could cause in the silver tournaments. However, his dribbling is really stiff if you like to zig zag run it may be hard to beat players. Although the shimmy inside or the fake shot is more than enough for him to get inside to get the shots off. Really recommend Wilson to anyone wanting a English STR. Wonder how IF Walcott compares to him…
    [10/11/8/1/0]

    Kane: the main reason of this review. Really wanted to try this card as I haven’t use any of his other cards this year, however I really like him. I can imagine Shearer being the same type of player, as he’s pretty strong, he’s got enough pace and inside the box you might as well just celebrate before even thinking of shooting. He’s really good in the air too from the GK’s kicks, gives another attack type too as you can cross the ball in. I think I’ll be using him quite a bit over the coming months.
    [10/14/5/1/0]
  • YOLOT0URE
    7164 posts League Winner
    Wilson is awesome ain't he? Try more silvers. I found friend to just not make mistakes. Solid lb. If you don't require pace then Flint is also worth a go
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Do you know Tots Wilsons range as Futwiz and futhead are showing 50 coins lol
  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Wilson is awesome ain't he? Try more silvers. I found friend to just not make mistakes. Solid lb. If you don't require pace then Flint is also worth a go

    Yeah he's excellent, just a little stiff that's all.
    Crossland wrote: »
    Do you know Tots Wilsons range as Futwiz and futhead are showing 50 coins lol

    Erm, his max was 115k when I looked yesterday. I pulled him after I bought him a couple of weeks ago :joy:
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Dodds wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Wilson is awesome ain't he? Try more silvers. I found friend to just not make mistakes. Solid lb. If you don't require pace then Flint is also worth a go

    Yeah he's excellent, just a little stiff that's all.
    Crossland wrote: »
    Do you know Tots Wilsons range as Futwiz and futhead are showing 50 coins lol

    Erm, his max was 115k when I looked yesterday. I pulled him after I bought him a couple of weeks ago :joy:

    Sweet might pick him up later like the look of his card and this review has made my mind up :)
  • This topic has been added to the Community Spotlight - to showcase your excellent FUT reviews, @Dodds. Well done!

  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    @Crossland - yeah he's fantastic. Couldn't imagine how good he'd be against silvers.

    @LT - thanks a bunch man, appreciate it!
  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    Really tempted for the next squad to be around TOTS Lewandowski and TOTS De Bruyne.
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Dodds wrote: »
    @Crossland - yeah he's fantastic. Couldn't imagine how good he'd be against silvers

    Picked him up Yesterday love him like you say feels a little stiff at times but apart from that he's a beast scoring goals for fun in Div 1 against top defenders ;)
    Also Picked up Hero Castro and just Wow he is pure class,Fast for his card stats and what a shot on him great balance too only had 2 games with him scored 5 goals :)
  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    Crossland wrote: »
    Dodds wrote: »
    @Crossland - yeah he's fantastic. Couldn't imagine how good he'd be against silvers

    Picked him up Yesterday love him like you say feels a little stiff at times but apart from that he's a beast scoring goals for fun in Div 1 against top defenders ;)
    Also Picked up Hero Castro and just Wow he is pure class,Fast for his card stats and what a shot on him great balance too only had 2 games with him scored 5 goals :)

    Honestly that Wilson is incredible, the runs he makes and his shooting is great. Even against the best defenders, I hope to find more like him.
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Hopefully see a lot more of him his team got promoted to the prem didn't they ?
  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    Crossland wrote: »
    Hopefully see a lot more of him his team got promoted to the prem didn't they ?

    Yeah they did, I can see him being quite expensive next year with being a BPL silver and all with that pace.
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Dodds wrote: »
    Crossland wrote: »
    Hopefully see a lot more of him his team got promoted to the prem didn't they ?

    Yeah they did, I can see him being quite expensive next year with being a BPL silver and all with that pace.

    Yea deffo mate will be another agbonglahor (spelt wrong haha) but better
  • v Origin x
    1127 posts Professional
    How do Kane and Costa compare? Kane is smashing it for me with 91 goals and 29 assists in 38 games, wondering if Costa is worth the extra coins or to stick with Kane?

    Cheers!
  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    v Origin x wrote: »
    How do Kane and Costa compare? Kane is smashing it for me with 91 goals and 29 assists in 38 games, wondering if Costa is worth the extra coins or to stick with Kane?

    Cheers!

    Well I don't know how you could get a better record. However I really like Costa this year, I would really say to try him as he is fantastic.
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    v Origin x wrote: »
    How do Kane and Costa compare? Kane is smashing it for me with 91 goals and 29 assists in 38 games, wondering if Costa is worth the extra coins or to stick with Kane?

    Cheers!

    That's a sick record mate jesus ;)
  • Dodds
    8770 posts League Winner
    PVo8cwg.png

    rzjauEU.png

    P10 • W9 • D0 • L1
    1 Cup Win

    Team Overview:
    This is a really really nice team, really good going forward with the likes of Lewa and KDB. Fantastic in the middle of the field breaking down play with Die and Fellaini, however a couple of let downs in my opinion is Smalling and Fährmann. I would definitely change if it wasn't to fit another TOTS in and if there was any better English/Man Utd CB's.

    Few things on this team, it can score goals for fun. Luckily enough it does as 3 or 4 games I was atleast 2-0/3-0 and I came back to win. I think if I used someone like TOTS Boateng in this side I wouldn't have conceded half the goals that went past Fährmann.

    Player Overview:
    Fährmann: after hearing very good reviews on the forums and YouTube I decided I'd give my first TOTS GK a shot. After around 4 or 5 games big Ralf didn't even concede a goal, he was incredible and definitely rivalling Neuer for the best GK in the Bundes. However a few games later he literally turned into Mr. Chocolate Wrists, some of the goals that he was conceding were embarrassing. Through the legs from 2 yards out, hitting him and rifling in the top corner. Going straight through him, honestly I don't know whether I would use him instead of Neuer. I think I just need to use him a bit more to see how he gets on for more than ten games.
    [10/0/0/0/0]

    Bertrand: I used Ryan in the first team in this thread, and honestly after using him for another 10 games I think the exact same of him. He's not the fastest but he's absolutely brilliant. See the first review for the full thing.
    [10/0/0/0/0]

    De Bruyne: well well well, Mr. KDB. I was so so excited when I seen this card, even when I was on holiday in Spain. I really couldn't wait to get my hands on this card as all other versions are incredible. This one does not disappoint, however the only bad thing I have to say is really that 95 shooting is a little white lie. Some of the shots that he had were dreadful, then some were fantastic I really don't know how EA come up with it. Also some games his passing was really off then he was playing 60 yard cross field balls into Mane's big toe. Definitely recommend him though.
    [10/6/3/0/0]

    Lewandowski: the main man of this team, I honestly wouldn't have won 9 out of the 10 games without him. He is magical, I thought Costa was amazing - Lew just goes a little above that. Everything about him is perfect for me... shooting, passing, pace, great in the air from free kicks/goal kicks. He has everything, if you have the coins seriously get him. Nice solo goal: http://bit.ly/1JONuMw (Xbox Clips)
    [10/17/4/0/0]
Sign In or Register to comment.