Power Surge - Dead XBOX :( | EDIT: Power Brick needed reset!

Absting159
6702 posts Moderator
edited April 2018
Well, there goes my WL, lol.

I need to figure out what to do now. I have renters Insurance which covers current model replacements - I state it like that because I had my bike stolen that was valued around 599; I got on sale and it was about 4 years old. So they looked at a current model retail price and I was given like 950.

Soooo, my deductible is 250 - with the XBOX One S coming in at $299 - That is barely worth it; but I will file the claim simply for the chance that in their minds a "like for like" replacement would be the XBOX One X.

When I bought mine it was 499.99; day one release. They will ask for a receipt which will show that. So I might get lucky and get an X for $250 out of pocket.

Guess I'll be playing alot of Hearthstone this weekend or Fortnite on the PC.

Comments

• Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    OMG, the POWER BRICK needed reset.

I realized the power brick's fan and light weren't on and it was plugged in and would you believe the Microsoft website had a how-to reset the power brick.

Did that, the light came back on and its working!!!!
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    edited April 2018
    Resetting the power brick fixes most problems FYI.
  • Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    Resetting the power brick fixes most problems FYI.

I just noticed it's little fan wasnt running and figured if I could replace that it'd be a heck of alot cheaper. Then I realized it's power light wasn't on. A little trouble shooting and googling and I'm 2-1 in WL haha.

@SupaNoodle1990
  • Mr. Soper
    2556 posts Fans' Favourite
    good to know
  • Absting159
    6702 posts Moderator
    Mr. Soper wrote: »
    good to know

@Mr. Soper Exactly why I figured I'd post what I figured out. Lol, got lucky with trouble shooting and learned something new.