People who want to remove lootboxes/packs from FUT

SanderFC
2646 posts Fans' Favourite
What do you expect to be left of FUT then? FUT is about upgrading your squad throughout the year and packs are making the market possible, including trading for people who don't want to (only) use match rewards or FP.

Comments

• ICUP
    3910 posts National Call-Up
    They probably don't even know. Sitting there annoyed with their pack luck after spending God knows what and are jumping on this remove lootbox bandwagon
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    For me it's not about removing, it's about; knowing the exact odds when you open a pack. Like on WWII if you open a rare supply drop you're gurarenteed at least one rare drop. Not only that on WWII drop rates are much higher.

Also to make it easier for free to play players to upgrade their teams, knowing they've already spent £50+ on the game itself. Again, like WWII you can get decent rewards for daily and weekly challenges whereas on ultimate team you're stuck with a bronze or silver pack with no rares and if you get lucky you'll get a two player pack. Where on cod I haven't spent a single £ and still have a number of the newer guns just by playing.
  • cornbeef
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    i dont think the problem is packs or loot boxes, the problem is people spend real money to get them.

If they got rid of fifa points and you only got packs from coins or rewards it would be problem solved......
    well apart from EA loosing millions in profit of course

• AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    ICUP wrote: »
    They probably don't even know. Sitting there annoyed with their pack luck after spending God knows what and are jumping on this remove lootbox bandwagon

Lol exactly. People don't realise that by spending real money you're literally telling EA that what they're doing is working and they don't need to change it
  • NornIron
    11120 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2018
    In not sure I've never spent any real money on FUT '' in a founder '' it would be great to see different players being used. That was kinda the whole point at the start to build up your team now most people have an unreal squad within the first few days.
  • W16
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SanderFC wrote: »
    What do you expect to be left of FUT then? FUT is about upgrading your squad throughout the year and packs are making the market possible, including trading for people who don't want to (only) use match rewards or FP.

This post from Truthurts sum it up:

Truthurts
    April 25
    1 when your only concern is maximizing profit you no longer care about improving the game it only cuts into your profit margin

2 when you have a virtual monopoly you can focus on maximizing profits only the game will sell no matter what (licenses are the key and you have them all) you spend money on licenses and FP stuff and nothing else

3 when you use addiction techniques to create addicts out of adults and kids you don't have to worry about selling the game and can again focus on FP selling

4 when broken game play adds to the idea that you will maximize profits it is even less likely it will be fixed lol (they believe that frustrations with game play will cause players to buy more FP)

*this game is the perfect example of the 1% in our society:
    -the 1% that own the company only care about endless profit not giving us a good game and they aren't satisfied with a decent profit they will maximize it any cost including creating addiction, lying, having fake customer service, selling a faulty product etc

-the 1%ers who play this game have to money to play and win those who are rich have an advantage in this game (think about that!!!) even to trade it requires money and timesink which the rich can afford much better then the rest of us ... and then in trading you exploit people so that yes they buy more FP lol

• OZero
    4976 posts Big Money Move
    This game/mode deserves to die if there is nothing left after taking out loot box elements. Jesus Christ.
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    W16 wrote: »

This post from Truthurts sum it up:

Truthurts
    April 25
    1 when your only concern is maximizing profit you no longer care about improving the game it only cuts into your profit margin

2 when you have a virtual monopoly you can focus on maximizing profits only the game will sell no matter what (licenses are the key and you have them all) you spend money on licenses and FP stuff and nothing else

3 when you use addiction techniques to create addicts out of adults and kids you don't have to worry about selling the game and can again focus on FP selling

4 when broken game play adds to the idea that you will maximize profits it is even less likely it will be fixed lol (they believe that frustrations with game play will cause players to buy more FP)

*this game is the perfect example of the 1% in our society:
    -the 1% that own the company only care about endless profit not giving us a good game and they aren't satisfied with a decent profit they will maximize it any cost including creating addiction, lying, having fake customer service, selling a faulty product etc

-the 1%ers who play this game have to money to play and win those who are rich have an advantage in this game (think about that!!!) even to trade it requires money and timesink which the rich can afford much better then the rest of us ... and then in trading you exploit people so that yes they buy more FP lol

This is absolutely bang on. I absolutely love the concept of FUT, what could be better as a competitive football fan? it's amazing. BUT and a massive BUT which is summed up above is they don't care about making a good game, they want a game that keeps people playing for longer (how can you have 'good' gameplay, when you just want to keep people playing) the answer is you can't. It's polar opposites. If FP and micro transactions didn't exist then the focus would be on making a good game that leaves the gamer with a positive experience. But it isn't it's all about profit. I've had to stop playing now because it is never going to get better, only worse.
  • W16
    Noone want to remove packs. Guess you got it wrong..
  • SPAMPEBS
    3906 posts National Call-Up
    Just give out more packs as rewards. Like say after every game you get a 5k pack. Make more daily/weekly objectives that all give pack rewards.

And for the people that still want to spend money on the game. Literally make it so you can buy players out right with fifa points.

Like let's take Ronaldo for example.... I think 36000 fifa points for Cristiano Ronaldo would be reasonable. Just over 200 quid for one of the best players in the game.

• W16
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    Just give out more packs as rewards. Like say after every game you get a 5k pack. Make more daily/weekly objectives that all give pack rewards.

And for the people that still want to spend money on the game. Literally make it so you can buy players out right with fifa points.

Like let's take Ronaldo for example.... I think 36000 fifa points for Cristiano Ronaldo would be reasonable. Just over 200 quid for one of the best players in the game.

Yes this is a way to go. And also tell us how big the chans is to pick up the best players.
    Something is seriosly wrong with the gameplay, I beleave it connect to how you spend (or dont) money/ coins. This has to be removed asap!
  • mdizzl3
    12333 posts Has That Special Something
    Another attempt of the poor taking from the rich. Disgusting.
  • SanderFC
    edited April 2018

Belgium demands EA to the packs, a big percentage of this forum is happy about that
    Post edited by Pieman25 on
  • NornIron
    11120 posts Has That Special Something

Yes this is a way to go. And also tell us how big the chans is to pick up the best players.
    Something is seriosly wrong with the gameplay, I beleave it connect to how you spend (or dont) money/ coins. This has to be removed asap!

My gameplay has been shocking for years so I wouldn't put it past them.
    Also have a friend who stopped buying packs last year and his gameplay has taken a turn for the worst.
  • SPAMPEBS
    3906 posts National Call-Up

Yeah I think so. Obviously I've put very little thinking time into that solution, but on the face of it I think it could work. Ea still get money, the market will still be populated and we can literally buy the player we want.

I think the players you buy with fifa points should also be tradeable too. So you spend 36000 fifa points on cr7, don't get on with him... Or he gets an inform. And then you can list him on the market as normal.
  • W16
    edited April 2018

Belgium demands EA to the packs, a big percentage of this forum is happy about that

I dont understand what you saying here? Packs should be fine but not in the way it is today. A regulation is on it place like all other gambling.. It should also be a way to buy players directly
  • Alex_cr
    4796 posts National Call-Up
    If I were looking at this from a business perspective and was having a large stream of revenue potentially being cut off I’d drop FUT from the game.

You’ve got the perfect excuse to drop some licenses from the lesser used leagues and save money all while having the perfect excuse as to why you are doing it. All safe in the knowledge people will still buy your product because there’s really nothing that compares.

So yes - you remove the ability to buy packs you do potentially destroy FUT.
  • SanderFC
    edited April 2018

I dont understand what you saying here? Packs should be fine but not in the way it is today. A regulation is on it place like every other gambling..

What do you expect from a regulation? Making the game mode 18+, paying more taxes and perhaps editing the pack animation are things to happen in case of gambling regulation. There will even be less more money left to spend on developing the gameplay
  • ozcs_69
    3008 posts National Call-Up
    why random packs? Why can't we have item shop ?
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    For me make rewards more rewarding..

Winning div 1 gives you 15k and a kit.

Winning any form of a match returns 600-700 coins.

Winning the DKT gives you 1-2k.

Seriously, these sums are pennies in FUT. If you win the title for the highest ranking league, Div 1, then reward us with say 50k. Even with my team, that amount wouldn’t change anything however it would seriously make a difference to the next player upgrade.

I rely on most of my income from WL, and the rewards imo, are fair for the rankings. Pack luck is another subject lol.
  • mdizzl3
    12333 posts Has That Special Something
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    why random packs? Why can't we have item shop ?

A catalogue of every player for you to simply buy with real money? or do you mean with just in-game coins? if so its called the market
  • Mrhey31
    1223 posts Professional
    Well its not that hard to get lootboxes out. You just put in challenges who pay you coins.. the more challenges you do and games you play the more coins you get. The more coins you get, the beter the player you can buy. Coins buys players and can be sold half the price you bought them for. No more market place no more trading.
    Not saying i want trading out for me.... i want trading out tot my 10 year old son, who doesnt know enough about the value of ' real' money.

Hey we all know its a gambling game... most of you have real money invested in the game. Do you really think a 8year old should put his birthday money into the game to get packs? I hope they find a solution because i love the trading part of the game( a lot). But im realistic enough to know its wrong for little kids to be in a position where they can lose all their money because they are hooked.
  • Clancy
    7736 posts League Winner
    I don't want them banned, I want regulation.

Publish pack odds, and put a 18+ warning on ultimate team so parents have to approve of kids playing it.
  • Numlocked_
    1613 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Well its not that hard to get lootboxes out. You just put in challenges who pay you coins.. the more challenges you do and games you play the more coins you get. The more coins you get, the beter the player you can buy. Coins buys players and can be sold half the price you bought them for. No more market place no more trading.
    Not saying i want trading out for me.... i want trading out tot my 10 year old son, who doesnt know enough about the value of ' real' money.

Hey we all know its a gambling game... most of you have real money invested in the game. Do you really think a 8year old should put his birthday money into the game to get packs? I hope they find a solution because i love the trading part of the game( a lot). But im realistic enough to know its wrong for little kids to be in a position where they can lose all their money because they are hooked.

Exactly this is what is wrong with the game. And some people still pretend this game does not create addicts...

• Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    I don't want packs removed but EA have taken the absolute **** with packs this year, complete greed has taken over.

How can you grind out 40 games for rewards and them rewards contain minimum value? In turn how can you spend quadruple the price of the game and get 50 odd 800 coin players?

I want pack weights for valuable players to be increased.. if this causes the price of top players to increase then so be it
  • Avit32
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    The ultimate team aspect has gotten lost in the greed. The original online release of ultimate team was the best and most relevant to what ultimate team stands for. You could literally use anyone pretty much due to being able to upgrade your own players. If the do remove pack I see no reason why the 2009 version could not get revamped.
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2018
    OZero wrote: »
    This game/mode deserves to die if there is nothing left after taking out loot box elements. Jesus Christ.

Agree, some people are so addicted to this system, they don't even notice it themself,
    Clancy wrote: »
    I don't want them banned, I want regulation.

Publish pack odds, and put a 18+ warning on ultimate team so parents have to approve of kids playing it.

Agree.

EA should publish pack weight's.

Its gambling nomatter how you twist and turn it around.

Yes by law its not gambling atm, but we all know its gambling deep down, non of us buy packs with the intention to get for example 12 players(3rares) added to their club, we buy them in the hope its a high rated player that sells for lots of coins, its a game of chance, and we buy the packs for a CHANCE to pack that high rated player that sells for lots.

You all know it, nobody is buying a pack with the intention to pack bloody Harrit as best player,

I buy a pack with the intention to have a chance to pack that high rated player.

I hope they regulate it, or change the system, it is what has destroyed this game and make it very toxic win at all costs, just think about it, how much better fut could be, you all know it, but we all are to addicted to want it changed,

In the end this should be a football game, with fun modes, name me 1 fun mode on fut?, fifa used to be fun, but I don't play to have fun anymore, it was never as toxic as it is now IMO, and if you think its not, then you probly already have adapted to it and do everything for the win.

Where is the good old tournaments, fifa street, or any mode that is actually fun to play, its gone and it will not come back if fut stays like this, why would EA anyway, most of you lot, seem ok with how the game is nowadays.

• Retro_G
    28174 posts Player of the Year
    edited April 2018
    The game would be much better without packs, you could still have a transfer market. They would just have to increase coin rewards, let's say you get 10000 coins for every win. Fut Champions rewards coins depending on rank, now you've a game that rewards people for putting time into the mode.
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    Retro_G wrote: »
    The game would be much better without packs, you could still have a transfer market. They would just have to increase coin rewards, let's say you get 10000 coins for every win, fut champions rewards coins depending on rank.

Yes if FP are removed it would be much better.

And be able to buy the players directly from EA with coins earned, no FP's, at fixed price.

maybe even remove the transfer market or make another mode where people who like to trade can go there, and trade virtual cards if that's their thing, IMO its a football game and its going to competitive esport side with futchamps, and sorry a way to buy yourself in without coins earned has no place here anymore.

Or remove fp's and leave the transfer market in and also
    be able to buy players directly from EA with coins earned by playing, and you can only discard or sell it back to EA for maybe 50/75% what you played for it,
    That way you can sell it on the transfermarket for more value then EA would give you.

bad worked out, but you get my idea, something along those lines.
  • Safehands84
    3370 posts National Call-Up
    I like the PES system in my club most wont though. Basically there is no market. There are two ways to acquire more players. One is through special agents which you can buy with real money or match coins it tells you the percentage of getting certain standard of player. They also gives these out regularly as promos and rewards from winning cups and leagues

Other after every match played you get given an agent, these are random but are specific like Swedish player, or central defender. They rare from 1star to 5 Star. You can’t get a top player unless you have 5 star. You can combine up to 3 agent to Increase the chances of getting the player you want so say you had Manchester United agent and Swedish it would narrow it down to ibra and linedloft. If you already have Lindeloft it guaranteed you Ibra as you can’t pack the same player twice. The only market they have is for agents but you can’t sell your unwanted ones . You either use them or turn them into coins,

Konami just list random ones on the market and you bid on them with your match coins. More you play better chance of the better players. Your players level after playing games and get better stats you can use your unwanted players to boost the stats of the players you want to keep this discards them and you can then pack them again