5* WF Strikers - RS or LS and why?

1
Absting159
6667 posts Moderator
edited April 2018
I wanted to do my first poll and couldnt figure out what to do. Then I thought of a discussion I had with @Addicksfan this morning.

With 5* WF, I'd think you'd want that WF as your shooting leg and play him at RS.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Absting159 on

5* WF Strikers - RS or LS and why? 58 votes

Right ST
5%
JayBombAbsting159Shehraj 3 votes
Left ST
24%
OrisonDead WhipSercsDougInskipVanBasten12Finesse_4daysBaseCampFatZedyerwaltzKoolfashionColt_seeverscaeditezoltan88zadineElatedKarnage 14 votes
5* WF makes it irrelevant.
70%
EddieFicioJJCampinoORANGEeffect05LFC Simon 98OtisDiggyAgent VZgiaVICTAAAAUlook92mjs4pIl THE WOLF lIA Very Pretty Man Paciga45JohnDoeXtrem3 PoptartsHenstockJaySnakeAddicksfan 41 votes

Comments

  • mjs4p
    11073 posts Has That Special Something
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    Doesn’t 5 star mean that both feet are essentially equal? I base it on which spot is best for my other ST and play them on the other side.
  • JohnDoe
    11250 posts Has That Special Something
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    uhhh
  • Absting159
    6667 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Right ST
    I'm simply going RS because he'll then be able to shoot from any angle coming in. Go near side or far with either foot and his footing doesn't matter.

    At LS he wouldn't be taking advantage of the 5* WF on his shooting, but you would have it for passing/crosses.

    Also agree that it kind of makes it irrelevant - but to get the most out of th 5*, this is why I think RS is the most beneficial position for someone with that trait.
  • Orison
    47611 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Left ST
    There is a lack of left footed strikers so if you don't have one then you want the 5* WF striker on the left. That way you can still shoot low drivens across goal.
  • Absting159
    6667 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Right ST
    Orison wrote: »
    There is a lack of left footed strikers so if you don't have one then you want the 5* WF striker on the left. That way you can still shoot low drivens across goal.

    Someone explained this to me in the thread after you said my team was weird. You can also suck it for that comment :)

    I've been doing them more though. . .they are so stupidly OP.
  • iitalic
    1711 posts Play-Off Hero
    It depends on what foot your other striker is
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    Left ST
    Orison wrote: »
    There is a lack of left footed strikers so if you don't have one then you want the 5* WF striker on the left. That way you can still shoot low drivens across goal.
    this
    i have scream perisic as LS, fantastic there
    ive prob scored same #goals if not more with his left vs right
  • FatZed
    851 posts Semi-Pro
    Left ST
    Left striker for across goal shots, as most are right footed this adds to the so called 'weak foot' repertoire coming in from the left and you still have the right foot for finesse. If they drift across to the right you can still bang them with the left foot cutting in as well
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    Depends on the other strikers weak foot
  • Absting159
    6667 posts Moderator
    Right ST
    I'm the only one with RS. LOL, think I have my answer already.
  • DutyHarry
    4906 posts National Call-Up
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    Depends on the other strikers weak foot

    This, the player with a weaker weak foot has the priority for me, the one with 5* can play anywhere.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20315 posts Club Captain
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    Depends on the other strikers weak foot

  • Sercs
    18614 posts World Class
    Left ST
    Orison wrote: »
    There is a lack of left footed strikers so if you don't have one then you want the 5* WF striker on the left. That way you can still shoot low drivens across goal.

  • Diggy
    13616 posts Has That Special Something
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    With the low driven shot been ridiculously over powered (I considerer it an in game exploit & don’t use as it is for meta n00bs)

    You need a left footer on the right or 5* weak foot if you are a meta n00b it matters if you are not it’s irrelevant
  • TimRUFC
    3222 posts National Call-Up
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    Who would play at the side of him?
  • Ulook92
    12459 posts Has That Special Something
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    Depends what foot the other striker is. I prefer to cut in than shoot across goal so i have Crespo LS and ADP RS.
  • Currieman
    4919 posts National Call-Up
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    If they've got a 5* WF then it doesn't matter whether they play left or right striker.

    The only time it does matter is if the other striker doesn't have a 5* WF. Then you just put the other one on their strong side and the 5* striker on the other side.
  • sofyanm
    1962 posts Play-Off Hero
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    It depends if he's right footed or left footed. Dembele has weird animations and sometimes he takes the wrong foot to shoot because of this 5* WF
    Depends also on the other striker but you should have a right footed on the right and same thing for the left.
    90% of my goals are low driven now, so effective
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2018
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    your thread-description doesn't make much sense, as you didn't post which foot would be the strong and which the weak...

    I play strikers on the side of their strong foot.
    right footed = right striker
    left = left

    5* wf makes it irrelevent/depending on the partner up top.
  • Mr_footballer1
    1861 posts Play-Off Hero
    I always thought the strong foot is still better even with 5 star
  • WFCBagnall
    69481 posts Moderator
    Dunno whether it's just me but certain players only play well on one side than the other :D

    I tried Gullit on the left and he was better on the right and ADP only works on the left for me.
  • DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    Absting159 wrote: »
    I'm simply going RS because he'll then be able to shoot from any angle coming in. Go near side or far with either foot and his footing doesn't matter.

    At LS he wouldn't be taking advantage of the 5* WF on his shooting, but you would have it for passing/crosses.

    Also agree that it kind of makes it irrelevant - but to get the most out of th 5*, this is why I think RS is the most beneficial position for someone with that trait.

    That makes zero sense.

    Irrelevant what side a 5* weak footer plays on, due to the 5* weak foot..... obviously
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    Should have picked RS, because Salah is locked to LS.
  • TimRUFC
    3222 posts National Call-Up
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Dunno whether it's just me but certain players only play well on one side than the other :D

    I tried Gullit on the left and he was better on the right and ADP only works on the left for me.

    I was the same with Larsson before I went 4321, hell of a WF but always scored more goals from RST
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    Currieman wrote: »
    If they've got a 5* WF then it doesn't matter whether they play left or right striker.

    The only time it does matter is if the other striker doesn't have a 5* WF. Then you just put the other one on their strong side and the 5* striker on the other side.

  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    There are so few strikers with 5* weak foot. Better get on player to player base. For me if he has finess shot trait is better to have him set up for a cut inside, if not I like them to be able to cross with their best foot.
  • Paciga45
    3541 posts National Call-Up
    5* WF makes it irrelevant.
    iitalic wrote: »
    It depends on what foot your other striker is

  • xciljw
    4962 posts National Call-Up
    I always believed that a weak foot (even though multiple players can have the same number of stars for their weak foot) could still have different values, like it was some kind of scale behind it that was invisible for us. Something like the following:

    1* WF means a value between 0.00 - 1.49
    2* WF means a value between 1.50 - 2.49
    3* WF means a value between 2.50 - 3.49
    4* WF means a value between 3.50 - 4.49
    5* WF means a value between 4.50 - 5.00

    The reason for me to come up with this is that I, and others, noticed a big difference in weak foot ability for players with the same rating. Also when I had a 5* WF player last year, such as the latest version of Son, a driven shot from his right was likely to go in but with the left still lacked accuracy and power, like it could not match with his right foot. You know it was not going in before you took the shot, even though it would go in from the other side on his other foot. This mainly applied to the drivens though.

    Good thing is I don't feel anything like this in FIFA 18, but my point is we have only limited insight in what the weak foot does to the players. Is it just their passing, shooting with the foot that are worse, or is it also their first touch for instance. And how much worse is it to have 3* for instance compared to 5*, and is it like a multiplier (1* x 0.2, 2* x 0.4, 3* x 0.6 etc) to their shooting stats or is it some normal distribution in which the difference between 2* - 3* is worse than the difference between 4* - 5*.

    Guess I am going about this way too deep. For skill moves for example it is a different story. You know each value can do certain skill moves, but it would not be too bad if we actually knew how this process works in the game.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2018
    Left ST
    xciljw wrote: »
    I always believed that a weak foot (even though multiple players can have the same number of stars for their weak foot) could still have different values, like it was some kind of scale behind it that was invisible for us. Something like the following:

    1* WF means a value between 0.00 - 1.49
    2* WF means a value between 1.50 - 2.49
    3* WF means a value between 2.50 - 3.49
    4* WF means a value between 3.50 - 4.49
    5* WF means a value between 4.50 - 5.00

    The reason for me to come up with this is that I, and others, noticed a big difference in weak foot ability for players with the same rating. Also when I had a 5* WF player last year, such as the latest version of Son, a driven shot from his right was likely to go in but with the left still lacked accuracy and power, like it could not match with his right foot. You know it was not going in before you took the shot, even though it would go in from the other side on his other foot. This mainly applied to the drivens though.

    Good thing is I don't feel anything like this in FIFA 18, but my point is we have only limited insight in what the weak foot does to the players. Is it just their passing, shooting with the foot that are worse, or is it also their first touch for instance. And how much worse is it to have 3* for instance compared to 5*, and is it like a multiplier (1* x 0.2, 2* x 0.4, 3* x 0.6 etc) to their shooting stats or is it some normal distribution in which the difference between 2* - 3* is worse than the difference between 4* - 5*.

    Guess I am going about this way too deep. For skill moves for example it is a different story. You know each value can do certain skill moves, but it would not be too bad if we actually knew how this process works in the game.

    interesting, I have always thought that no matter what, the weak foot is the weaker foot regardless if they are 5*. I know that OTW neymar is somewhat unreliable at times on his left OR right but then again he has moments where its unstoppable on either foot.I absolutely love having him on the left side, because he can fire off across the body on his left, but if they allow it, Ill cut inside to his right for a finesse.
  • Orison
    47611 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Left ST
    @xciljw Nep confirmed years ago that it's just a multiplier to all stats relevant to the WF. Imo EA never changed that system (why would they) so I think despite being years old that info is still correct
Sign In or Register to comment.