Will baby icons be useless when TOTY comes out?

KingOfFifa
382 posts An Exciting Prospect
???

Comments

• nj10
    2194 posts Fans' Favourite
    Majority of them are useless already

Are you thinking of buying any?
  • Angy
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite
    Blanc is still useful for me :)
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    Some are still good, like Blanc 85 for PL teams because there's no good CMs in PL, and for hybrids.
  • KingOfFifa
    nj10 wrote: »

Yeah I got 315k and have never used one, just wanna make a fun cheap squad around a striker of CF possibly
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    No, not at all. 86 Vieira is as good as his other 2 cards imho and used all of them. 85 Blanc is superb, 87 Desailly is also. 87 ADP is immense, again i prefer him to his other 2 higher rated cards. So there are 4 there that will still be very good. Don't forget a lot of TOTS cards (the vast majority actually) don't play to their stats based on previous years and will still have a lot of flaws that their lower rated base cards will have.
  • MillsOnWheels
    652 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Speaking from experience baby inzaghi has always been useless
  • RadioShaq
    15087 posts Moderator
    Some will be useful for links.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14620 posts Has That Special Something
    toty already came out
  • KingOfFifa
    Speaking from experience baby inzaghi has always been useless

Lmao rip inzaghi lovers
  • Slideman1187
    959 posts Professional
    Tots aint all that, yes you Can build a High rated squad of tots for cheap, but they probably wont play like it...
    last year i build a eresdivisie/ligue 1 tots squad, and it was trash.. despite being 87-88 rated
  • Angy
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tots aint all that, yes you Can build a High rated squad of tots for cheap, but they probably wont play like it...
    last year i build a eresdivisie/ligue 1 tots squad, and it was trash.. despite being 87-88 rated

Maybe the reason for that was the coveted composure stat that remained the same as their low rated nif. This year it gets a big boost too. That's why some 81 and 82 rated informs play so well this year.
  • aladdin
    902 posts Semi-Pro
    buy 86 shevchenko. he’s made fifa fun again for me
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    CBs like Desailly will be class all year. With Shadow chem, he has mid 90s pace and almost maxed out defense stats. It won’t get much better than that for a CB, only real benefit of TOTS CBs may be Agility and offensive stats, otherwise Baby Desailly is more than good enough with his Defensive skill set.
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    No, not at all. 86 Vieira is as good as his other 2 cards imho and used all of them. 85 Blanc is superb, 87 Desailly is also. 87 ADP is immense, again i prefer him to his other 2 higher rated cards. So there are 4 there that will still be very good. Don't forget a lot of TOTS cards (the vast majority actually) don't play to their stats based on previous years and will still have a lot of flaws that their lower rated base cards will have.

This.
  • Pughy30
    26061 posts Player of the Year
    I'd say a large majority of icons are useless during TOTS, the top tier cards are fine but why pay 300k for an icon when there's a TOTS that costs 100k with better stats
  • Jezzaaa
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nah... I think my 85 Blanc is staying still end game. Had him tradeable for a good 700ish games, did the baby icon sbc and packed him, happy with that bit of profit and a player I can keep
  • nj10
    2194 posts Fans' Favourite
    KingOfFifa wrote: »

Yeah I got 315k and have never used one, just wanna make a fun cheap squad around a striker of CF possibly

I think you could be close to affording a prime pires or prime deco for around 400k
  • maksi
    6603 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2018
    because minor leagues players don't have traits like icons or big leagues superstars

and they weren't trash but everyone had TOTS so you had to play against even better teams
  • Slideman1187
    959 posts Professional
    maksi wrote: »
    because minor leagues players don't have traits like icons or big leagues superstars

and they weren't trash but everyone had TOTS so you had to play against even better teams

Well my own ability is one thing, but when the card doesnt feel much different than its NIF, the Big boost feel most like a scam :)
  • KingOfFifa
    maksi wrote: »

Well my own ability is one thing, but when the card doesnt feel much different than its NIF, the Big boost feel most like a scam :)

Now now guys we’re all friends here remember
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    KingOfFifa wrote: »

Don't do it, probably the only baby icon ST/CF worth buying is ADP 87. There are many better non icon strikers for the same money, and the prices are still falling.
  • Safehands84
    3517 posts National Call-Up
    Get middle Kluivert you are not too far away
  • PibeV14
    769 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2018
    Likes of blanc, ADP, desailly, pele etc will still be useful for sure.
  • Seandimes
    1844 posts Play-Off Hero
    The good ones like Ferdinand, Blanc, ADP, Desailly and so on will still be worth it. People forget that while you can get some compareable TOTS for cheaper from the small leagues, you will still need Icons to link them into a good team
  • SPAMPEBS
    3938 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2018
    Blanc and Maldini are the only useful cheap baby icons worth the price imo. People like baby crespo already have no end of informs with better stats for almost a tenth of the price.

Not counting Ronaldo and Maradona baby etc. They are still very expensive and somewhat worth it I guess.
  • VARD67876
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Angy wrote: »

Maybe the reason for that was the coveted composure stat that remained the same as their low rated nif. This year it gets a big boost too. That's why some 81 and 82 rated informs play so well this year.

Will be interesting to see this year if it makes a difference, i remember last year the likes of Hummels and Stindl were Amazing for the price in my Bundes team with 91 and 83, whereas Werner was still trash despite all the boosted stats having 54 composure.
  • KingOfFifa
    What about Bergkamp?? His 87 looks amazing for the same price as Crespo or Hernandez
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    a lot of TOTS players do not live up to their stats people forget that every year

meanwhile several ICONS play better than their stats
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    aladdin wrote: »

He ALWAYS scores against me, so much trouble when against Shev, do not buy.
    I repeat DO NOT BUY :p
  • KingOfFifa
    Dragond81 wrote: »
    aladdin wrote: »

He ALWAYS scores against me, so much trouble when against Shev, do not buy.
    I repeat DO NOT BUY :p

Shevy or 87 Bergkamp?