The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Weekend League is profitable if you finish...

Pugzilla
16964 posts World Class
With average pack luck, subtracting cost of 1 squad fitness per match (app 44k atm for 40 games), and time spent playing ((time =x) time is in fact valuable) what is the level you would need to finish for it to be consistently profitable?

Weekend League is profitable if you finish... 83 votes

Top 100
13%
EddieFicioha032742HodgyMoiizerJIBJAB-DY5SanchezzzzSkywalker XVIIUgriBcfcDale88SadioManGoalGiant 11 votes
Elite 1
9%
BenzP7DobbyDooDahMuzza11Ulook92M98HBaseCampPrimalCtldChaos 8 votes
Elite 2
1%
hrv97 1 vote
Elite 3
26%
GuininhoPugzillaIan_Ando08ROCKNROLLA VanBasten12FC MaexleBenndopetothemaxSimmoEFCSPN1987Finesse_4daysRetro_GmjusticMossupLokoplovdivSupaNoodle1990heefmondoPainter753Phil0501DutyHarry 22 votes
Gold 1
21%
PrestoEquinox 85REDUNITED3JayWest8FalafelmonsterArgie8AlexSolmStriker8881pye333Arsenalfan97Carlos181Alford1995CrewFc11MisterJVCurriemanHazardddddTalentFGArgentina4 18 votes
Gold 2/3
27%
deeeyepeepeewhyrckstrRBailssCarswellBlackpoolmonsterTTAZPangolinDarthGrowlerxGeorgeSmithxTwoZebrasethnickjoelbuk99Cheetah ThumbsMilanista28SergiuLivePezza1984Bilbao_BagginsPasty_11Stonebridgeliam7778 23 votes

Comments

• ha032742
    35721 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Top 100
    Overall you’re more likely to get something good finishing top 100 regularly but as @EddieFicio will attest to, it’s not guaranteed :#
  • Pugzilla
    16964 posts World Class
    Elite 3
    I feel I honestly can't get better than gold 1, tried it all. So that being said my best gold one pull has been Buffon. I average about 60k profit for 40 games. My best red card is an 86 Jonas. I feel you need at least Elite 3 to make profit consistently in WL. The worst price of the IF pack is like 60k plus coin boosts and the 100k discarding at about 20k you stand to clear 150k profit a week.

Elite 150k profit - 44k SF = 110k per week (worth it to me)

Gold 1 40k discards + 50k coins - 44k SF = 54k profit (kinda not seeming worth it)

Long story longer Gold 1 is almost not even profit. Forget not making your coins back on draft how about making coins in gold 1 FFS.
  • Pugzilla
    16964 posts World Class
    Elite 3
    @AlexSolm why do you feel Gold 1 is enough for profit? Not having a dig just curious.
  • WFCBagnall
    73496 posts Moderator
    Pack luck is random.

There was one week I finished Gold 1 and scraped 75k and my mate who is hopeless at the game made 600k off Silver 1.
  • Pugzilla
    16964 posts World Class
    Elite 3
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Pack luck is random.

There was one week I finished Gold 1 and scraped 75k and my mate who is hopeless at the game made 600k off Silver 1.

Right I know it is but there are averages. I average 44k profit for 40 games. Pretty bleak mate.
  • WFCBagnall
    73496 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Pack luck is random.

Right I know it is but there are averages. I average 44k profit for 40 games. Pretty bleak mate.

I know it's bleak. How the rewards system hasn't changed in nearly 2 years is a joke.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pack luck is random.

Over a season with average luck, silver 1 isn’t going to do much
  • Orison
    51053 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    60k from an average IF pack is probably something @M98H dreams about lol.

The average is way closer to 45k I guess.
  • ha032742
    35721 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Top 100
    Only way I’d play all 40 these days is if I were able to get top 100 as my time is more valuable than the small profit I’m likely to make from gold 1 or elite 3 etc.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    It's never worth the amount of time and effort you have to put in.
  • AlexSolm
    8278 posts League Winner
    Gold 1
    @AlexSolm why do you feel Gold 1 is enough for profit? Not having a dig just curious.

You're guaranteed to make more than the cost to participate (fitness and contracts).

100k packs give you a small chance of pulling something great occasionally (I pulled Gullit when he was going for 4M).

To get there you have to face at least a couple of good players so you get a chance to improve.

Good enough for elite monthly rewards.
  • Moiizer
    7965 posts League Winner
    Top 100
    You raise a good point about squad fitnesses that i never really considered. Think mainly because i bought so many for so cheap when game came out that ive yet to buy anymore lol I am though getting low on these.

To answer the main point. Consistently it got to be top 100 but i have had some very good elite packs this year.
  • Pugzilla
    16964 posts World Class
    Elite 3
    AlexSolm wrote: »

You're guaranteed to make more than the cost to participate (fitness and contracts).

100k packs give you a small chance of pulling something great occasionally (I pulled Gullit when he was going for 4M).

To get there you have to face at least a couple of good players so you get a chance to improve.

Whats your best red this year?
  • Orison

This.

Also for anything less than a top 100 push I would never use a squad fitness every game so make that 22k for fitness instead of 44.
  • AlexSolm
    8278 posts League Winner
    Gold 1
    But yes it's never really worth the time.

Whats your best red this year?

92 Dybala, most were useless ofc
  • Smudge
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Draft is by far more profitable if you're good enough. I just pretend WL doesn't exist. Much healthier and it's more fun playing with / against more random teams
  • DutyHarry
    5070 posts Big Money Move
    Elite 3
    At the state of the game, to me grinding the 40 games isn't worth at all, that's why I stopped.
    If you really still like weekend league (who does anyway?), I'd say any rank below Elite is not worth the stress and the screwed weekends.
  • M98H
    13458 posts Has That Special Something
    Elite 1
    It's a complete waste for me if I don't hit E1.
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    For me tbh even if i could get top100 it would still be not worth it coin wise. I can make more than any top 100 player if i trade from friday-monday. Weekend league is ok to gain some profit but its not worth the hassle.
  • ha032742
    35721 posts Moderator
    Top 100
    Blarix wrote: »
    For me tbh even if i could get top100 it would still be not worth it coin wise. I can make more than any top 100 player if i trade from friday-monday. Weekend league is ok to gain some profit but its not worth the hassle.

Game is pretty pointless to play for me at the moment except to play against friends.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7824 posts League Winner
    Gold 1
    Squad fitness every game is a bit much only need them once every 2 games.
  • Orison
    ha032742 wrote: »

Game is pretty pointless to play for me at the moment except to play against friends.

@ha032742 concentrate on bragging rights instead of coins
  • ha032742
    35721 posts Moderator
    Top 100
    Orison wrote: »

I don’t have the time, I’m not worried about coins? :D
  • Orison
    Orison wrote: »

I don’t have the time, I’m not worried about coins? :D

Meh, I think most people got a spare 8-10 hours over 3 days, just depends on if you want to dedicate it to this game :D

The coins barely matter, the bragging rights and confirmation of own skilllevel do. Not like Pugz really needs the coins either :trollface:
  • M98H
    13458 posts Has That Special Something
    Elite 1
    I’m still just waiting for a decent Monthly pack :joy:
    All i want is a top tier red card :joy:
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    Gold 2/3
    I'm only a S2 player so it isn't profitable at all for me

Probably why I play so much SB
  • Orison
    M98H wrote: »
    I’m still just waiting for a decent Monthly pack :joy:
    All i want is a top tier red card :joy:

Inb4 you get some useless high rated card this month that gets trumped by a tots 2 weeks later :D
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Who uses squad fitness for every game?
  • Henstock
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    You’re gonna play with the squad anyway so play as many as you want and have fun
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Who uses squad fitness for every game?

2nd team is boring.