The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Rate Arsene Wenger’s legacy.

Pugzilla
16982 posts World Class
Arsene Wenger is stepping down, assuming he doesn’t coach again, how do you rate his legacy? (10 is max 1 is worst)

Rate Arsene Wenger’s legacy. 180 votes

14%
DascoRadioShaqVICTAAAAJRbbergerUpstartCaesarBrentfordFCTjahrAbsting159sevenWonderfulwestAddicksfanSanchezzzzBBrownStyle HujaberCheetah Thumbsswfcfan89cube_minexEvoStevoselb 26 votes
26%
JJLaMertesackerRunORANGEeffect05NornIronLeonidasJBReusCyklonRK94Humma78PugzillaMr. Sopermjs4pMeroblastic91Frankenberryillinifan fluffymnuffyPiemanWFCBagnallJayWest8Ofthewelsh 47 votes
31%
EddieFicioCampinoFärjestadHolgerBadstuber LFC Simon 98hoban95BoabdustRynoSF9TrueBlueBl00dFabjjmmww1Oliver PowellAnDrEwThEdOnBlarixShakey JakeyJoresOkore5Ulook92PalacePinterXxRichiexRichxX 56 votes
17%
rckstrBakerShaneSercsMoiizerAkinfenwaaaaDarthGrowlerPaciga45ChoepiechakieHenstockYOLOT0UREROCKNROLLA iBarçaBoySKhan31BennDaveSavesBcfcDale88Striker8881Multif4ceFinesse_4days 32 votes
5%
HoopsterzBob_DylanJIBJAB-DY5SebCFC123tom00Ker_Mithrv97Summer69Footfan 9 votes
2%
chaser2k15Sean2OnKamilflageG12OGNImmigrantMentality 5 votes
1%
ManyakFCBaellerin24 2 votes
1%
Alford1995cdbuck26 2 votes
0%
0%
'96dc2 1 vote

Comments

• TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2018
    Multiple PL titles and an undefeated season I think he'll be ok imo
  • JoeBiden
    69 posts Park Captain
    102918960-GettyImages-482148578.1910x1000.jpg
  • Pugzilla
    16982 posts World Class
    Never outside the top 4 for like 20 years. FA Cups and the Invisibiles I think Arsenal are in for a down period.
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2018
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Never outside the top 4 for like 20 years. FA Cups and the Invisibiles I think Arsenal are in for a down period.
    You mean like they’ve been in for 5 yeas already
  • Pugzilla
    16982 posts World Class
    edited April 2018
    SebCFC123 wrote: »

I expected the Wenger out guys to be dropping 5’s and 6’s tbh.

Edit: Yeah if a down period is a few FA cups and top 4 then yeah.
  • Choepiechakie
    32579 posts National Team Captain
    Last few years hurted him too much
  • hoban95
    50657 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    One of the most influential managers we've ever had in this country. His final few years weren't that great but regardless he changed the English game for the better in the 90s.
  • Ulook92
    14166 posts Has That Special Something
    Arsene's time at Asrenal is like some fine food. It was amazing at one point but that **** went off and should have been thrown out fridge a long time ago.
  • Humma78
    2336 posts Fans' Favourite
    Didn't give him 10 because that only belongs to Ferguson in the Premier league era. But anything below 9 isn't serious. Not only for achievements but you just have to listen what everyone has had to say about him.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Arsenal aren't in for a down period. If anything this will be a step in the right direction.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    He has done an immense job for Arsenal.
    Took a boring, but very good team and turned them into a side that is great to watch and for 15yrs was always a top 3/4 team at least.
    The players he signed, the football he played and the amount of success he has given Arsenal has been amazing.
    It is a shame for Wengers legacy that in the last 5 or so seasons the team hasn't been as good as it should have been.

I really hope he goes out with a bang by guiding Arsenal to the Europa LG trophy. AM will be a massive challenge though.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4773 posts National Call-Up
    One of the most successful managers to grace the country let alone the club. Yeah he faded off abit recently but still managed to bag a few FA Cups and possibly bow out with his first Europa cup for arsenal. Guy is a legend and you can’t say otherwise, in my opinion only fergie did a better job
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    I expect a lot of the lower (under 8) scores to come from those 20 or younger.
    People that never see Arsenal before Wenger.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

I mean we still know how many trophies he has won with Arsenal.
  • Fab
    18954 posts World Class
    Light to decent 8.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7824 posts League Winner
    Fab wrote: »
    Light to decent 8.

I’d have gone decent to strong 8
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Santiago wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

I mean we still know how many trophies he has won with Arsenal.

Yeah. But some 16 yr old that doesn't support Arsenal might give him a 6 because he has never really seen the full extent of what Arsene achieved.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    JoeBiden wrote: »
    102918960-GettyImages-482148578.1910x1000.jpg

Fantastic ... keep it up mate!

9 for me ... he's been quite incredible - as a foe. Initially thought I'd only give him an 8/10, but he actually does deserve a 9. That one point is simply for possibly staying on too long, as well as some of the transfers (or lack of) that has been made over the years - partly not always his fault obviously.

Like @LeonidasJB said, took a pretty boring Arsenal team - playing very direct football at times - and was very successful. That invincible season will be remembered for a long time to come!
  • BrentfordFC
    12861 posts Has That Special Something
    10. Rate him as a manager. Yeah arsenal have gone backwards but it’s not all his fault. Majority of it is due to owners.
  • Choepiechakie
    32579 posts National Team Captain
    10. Rate him as a manager. Yeah arsenal have gone backwards but it’s not all his fault. Majority of it is due to owners.

Yeah spending 40 mil on xhaka is ridiculous
  • Arsenalfan97
    7824 posts League Winner

Nah his stale tactics and poor signings are as big a factor as the owner
  • JoeBiden
    69 posts Park Captain
    edited April 2018
    SebCFC123 wrote: »

giphy.gif
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    No champs league prevents the 10 for me
  • NornIron
    12289 posts Has That Special Something
    Only 4 other teams have won the league in his time , City/Chelsea bought it, Leicester freak season, Man utd the greatest club in the world.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    edited April 2018
    Rutta wrote: »

So unlucky in 2006 :(

The invincible side should have won it though.
  • TimRUFC
    3385 posts National Call-Up
    If he’d have left 2/3 years ago when he should have he would have got a 10 100% but tried to drag it out a little too long
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26237 posts Player of the Year
    NornIron wrote: »
    Only 4 other teams have won the league in his time , City/Chelsea bought it, Leicester freak season, Man utd the greatest club in the world.

308941_AF-_C41_C-4_B3_B-_AB21-71_AAF99_F7_A8_B.jpg

• hoban95
    50657 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    coatsy wrote: »

Wayne_Bridge-32-dragged.jpg
  • coatsy
    edited April 2018
    hoban95 wrote: »
    coatsy wrote: »

Wayne_Bridge-32-dragged.jpg

That still pisses me off.

Past that Chelsea side were Monaco and Porto, who I’d have expected us to beat even if Porto especially were a decent side. The shambles of that second leg at home is still annoying.

2006 was less expected, and a great achievement tbh. Final was such a shame that we should have won really, Henry missed 2-3 chances you’d bet your kids on to kill off Barcelona.
  • coatsy
    Not so much Wenger, but I do think it’s a shame that we won’t ever see a SAF/Wenger anymore I suspect.

Although that was rare anyway.