Need respondents to graduate my master marketing. Please help

1
Leoon
883 posts Semi-Pro
Hi guys,

Some of you may know me from the couple of posts I made since 2016, other may not recognize me at all.

I will introduce myself anyway: My name is Leon, 26 years old and I am currently finishing a master Marketing at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands.

In 2016 I posted a similar thread for my pre-master with approval from the mods like @Dasco @ha032742 and I got at least 140 respondents via this forum, you can imagine how happy I was. This was one of the two threads: http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/155478/need-some-respondents-for-my-academic-college-please-help/p1

At this moment, I am doing research about persuasion techniques (how they influence our behavior) and after lots of theoretical research, it is now time for some field research. I need all your opinions and those of your friends and family if possible :smiley:

The questionnaire is fully anonymous and it takes only 5 minutes of your time (probably less). It is even mobile friendly, so feel free to do on the couch when you are watching a new episode on Netflix ;) .

This is the link to the survey: https://rug.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ePAnRtIDYFM83Pv

I would really appreciate a response on this topic, so I can thank you personally. Hope to see again how awesome this community is!

My gratitude is beyond words!!
Best regards,
Leon

Comments

  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4601 posts National Call-Up
    Those questions make me want to punch you. I did it though.
  • Fab
    19647 posts Club Captain
    Good luck Leon I did it
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    Those questions make me want to punch you. I did it though.
    haha kinda feel the same. really weird questions and repetitive.

    good luck though, OP.
  • Leoon
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    gia wrote: »
    Those questions make me want to punch you. I did it though.
    haha kinda feel the same. really weird questions and repetitive.

    good luck though, OP.
    Those questions make me want to punch you. I did it though.

    Those scales are 'scientifically proven to work'. And we are not allowed to make our own. I feel you though. They are really annoying and repetitive. Sorry

    There are scales for 'embarrassing' with 28 questions in it :tired_face: , i'd kept looking for one with around three.

    Nevertheless, thank you so much!
    Fab wrote: »
    Good luck Leon I did it

    Thanks bud, makes graduating easier :)
  • BuffonJuve93
    1175 posts Professional
    I answered. Just a piece of advice, it can be worrying for respondents because the bar seems to increase really slowly, I almost quit.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    17528 posts World Class
    Didn't you send an email out a few months ago? If that's you i remember doing the other survey, will do this one now :)
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Done.

    Veel succes nog Leon!
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    I don't know what lice shampoo even is. Just buy Nivea for men or similar and that's it.
  • Leoon
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    I answered. Just a piece of advice, it can be worrying for respondents because the bar seems to increase really slowly, I almost quit.

    Good point, it is really weird that it goes from 50% to 100% with no steps in between. Might take the bar out.
    Didn't you send an email out a few months ago? If that's you i remember doing the other survey, will do this one now :)

    Nope that wasn't me. My last survey was about in game advertising and purchases in real life. Already 2 years back to date.
    Santiago wrote: »
    Done.

    Veel succes nog Leon!

    Heel erg bedankt :)
  • BuffonJuve93
    1175 posts Professional
    SergiuLive wrote: »
    I don't know what lice shampoo even is. Just buy Nivea for men or similar and that's it.

    Romanian?
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2538 posts Fans' Favourite
    I went bald at 23, I don’t buy shampoo.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    My mum buys our shampoo I will get her to do it
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    SergiuLive wrote: »
    I don't know what lice shampoo even is. Just buy Nivea for men or similar and that's it.

    Romanian?

    I am, but Nivea is a german brand. Not sure what you mean.
  • BuffonJuve93
    1175 posts Professional
    SergiuLive wrote: »
    SergiuLive wrote: »
    I don't know what lice shampoo even is. Just buy Nivea for men or similar and that's it.

    Romanian?

    I am, but Nivea is a german brand. Not sure what you mean.

    I was wondering because Sergiu is a Romanian name ;) I love your country!
  • Finesse_4days
    15992 posts World Class
    edited April 2018
    i completed it, no sure how much use my results are though because for the majority i answered neither agree or disagree.
  • Leoon
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    I went bald at 23, I don’t buy shampoo.

    Haha. My mum went grey at 23,my father bald at 23. It's a difficult age.
    coatsy wrote: »
    My mum buys our shampoo I will get her to do it

    You know how happy I am if you could fix that? I am always short of women in surveys.. That'd be awesome dude! Otherwise you could complete it yourself as well just tick the 1/2 times a year and your good to go.
    i completed it, no sure how much use my results are though because for the majority i answered neither agree or disagree.

    They are anyway! Can't make scientifically inferences without data! Thank you
  • TalentFG
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Done, didn't take long at all
  • Leoon
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    TalentFG wrote: »
    Done, didn't take long at all

    Thank you so much! It's indeed not that long but the data is really valuable for me. More than you would expect :)
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    Done, nearly got the gender question wrong but I'm all good.
  • Absting159
    7876 posts Moderator
    I did it too, but my decider is cost - nothing else. I find something that fits what I'm looking for and is cheap with common brand.

    So, my answers were not going o help you much.
  • Ulook92
    21147 posts Club Captain
    coatsy wrote: »
    My mum buys our shampoo I will get her to do it

    :joy:
  • Ulook92
    21147 posts Club Captain
    Absting159 wrote: »
    I did it too, but my decider is cost - nothing else. I find something that fits what I'm looking for and is cheap with common brand.

    So, my answers were not going o help you much.

    This. Its only to wash my hair, i dont really care.
  • Ulook92
    21147 posts Club Captain
    edited April 2018
    I dont see how helpful the responses to this survey can be tbh as none of the answers can be very reliable. The only thing we have to go on are how popular they are with other people. We dont actually know anything about the products to tell us which one would actually be best. For the first half its basically "yeah i would buy it becuase other people do" and the second half is "i dont know what i would buy because i dont know anything about them and they are all as popular as the rest". So all the answers are going to be the same.
  • Fab
    19647 posts Club Captain
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    I dont see how helpful the responses to this survey can be tbh as none of the answers can be very reliable. The only thing we have to go on are how popular they are with other people. We dont actually know anything about the products to tell us which one would actually be best. For the first half its basically "yeah i would buy it becuase other people do" and the second half is "i dont know what i would buy because i dont know anything about them and they are all as popular as the rest". So all the answers are going to be the same.

    That's the point
  • Sercs
    20555 posts Club Captain
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    I dont see how helpful the responses to this survey can be tbh as none of the answers can be very reliable. The only thing we have to go on are how popular they are with other people. We dont actually know anything about the products to tell us which one would actually be best. For the first half its basically "yeah i would buy it becuase other people do" and the second half is "i dont know what i would buy because i dont know anything about them and they are all as popular as the rest". So all the answers are going to be the same.

    Yeah it’s the point

    Basically asking how much are people convinced by what others do
  • Ulook92
    21147 posts Club Captain
    Sercs wrote: »
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    I dont see how helpful the responses to this survey can be tbh as none of the answers can be very reliable. The only thing we have to go on are how popular they are with other people. We dont actually know anything about the products to tell us which one would actually be best. For the first half its basically "yeah i would buy it becuase other people do" and the second half is "i dont know what i would buy because i dont know anything about them and they are all as popular as the rest". So all the answers are going to be the same.

    Yeah it’s the point

    Basically asking how much are people convinced by what others do

    I had a feeling that was the case after id wrote all of that :lol: im not like that though. I dont buy something because everyone else does. I like to either make a decision based on my needs or whatever is cheapest.

    I still did it just to help though. Good luck!
  • Sercs
    20555 posts Club Captain
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    Sercs wrote: »
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    I dont see how helpful the responses to this survey can be tbh as none of the answers can be very reliable. The only thing we have to go on are how popular they are with other people. We dont actually know anything about the products to tell us which one would actually be best. For the first half its basically "yeah i would buy it becuase other people do" and the second half is "i dont know what i would buy because i dont know anything about them and they are all as popular as the rest". So all the answers are going to be the same.

    Yeah it’s the point

    Basically asking how much are people convinced by what others do

    I had a feeling that was the case after id wrote all of that :lol: im not like that though. I dont buy something because everyone else does. I like to either make a decision based on my needs or whatever is cheapest.

    I still did it just to help though. Good luck!

    Your opinion is still valid though, everybodys is. It’s just a matter of opinion if other people’s buying habits influence your own
  • FrankFrank
    6289 posts Big Money Move
    Done. Good luck Leoon.

    @Ulook92 As Sercs has mentioned your opinion is still valid ...

    First picture remindet me of a situation buying wine yesterday. And I ended up with "B" as well.
  • Leoon
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    Done, nearly got the gender question wrong but I'm all good.

    haha lol
    Absting159 wrote: »
    I did it too, but my decider is cost - nothing else. I find something that fits what I'm looking for and is cheap with common brand.

    So, my answers were not going o help you much.

    They are though. I am looking IF it has an effect, and probably not for you. Might be for other people. Without your answer my data is not a reflection of real life. Thanks bud!

    Ulook92 wrote: »
    I dont see how helpful the responses to this survey can be tbh as none of the answers can be very reliable. rThe only thing we have to go on are how popular they are with other people. We dont actually know anything about the products to tell us which one would actually be best. For the first half its basically "yeah i would buy it becuase other people do" and the second half is "i dont know what i would buy because i dont know anything about them and they are all as popular as the rest". So all the answers are going to be the same.

    Thanks for you data, i appreciate much!

    The whole point is indeed that other than scarcity or abundance you have possible other heuristics you could use when deciding which brand to chose. That what this whole survey is about :D

    The 'yeah i would buy it because other people do' is still the question if this works for embarrassing products (lice shampoo for instance) and some people will see lice shampoo and others regular shampoo, some both. (you are all randomly assigned to 1 out of 2 scenarios in scarcity and 1 out of 2 scenarios in abundance.

    Like @Fab and @Sercs already mentioned :)
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    Done. Good luck Leoon.

    @Ulook92 As Sercs has mentioned your opinion is still valid ...

    First picture remindet me of a situation buying wine yesterday. And I ended up with "B" as well.

    Thank bro! Haha yes it happens with wine as well. Basically if we don't have any preference towards a product(category) we use heuristics like if it is purchased much etc.




    Up to now already 60 responses from fifaforums in 2 days. You guys are so valuable for me! You rock!!!
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    edited April 2018
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    Absting159 wrote: »
    I did it too, but my decider is cost - nothing else. I find something that fits what I'm looking for and is cheap with common brand.

    So, my answers were not going o help you much.

    This. Its only to wash my hair, i dont really care.

    I totally get your point but there are definitely differences in shampoo quality. I get why people pick a more expensive one because the quality is better.
Sign In or Register to comment.