Players are molasses

Drayden
15 posts Ball Boy
I've read countless posts, watched countless videos, and studied the specific buttons I need to press to play defense in this game, but nothing helps when my team is stick in 5 meters of mud.

RB/R1 is supposed to call a second player to the ball? Nope. It lets the attacker run straight through since I've moved my main player over to block passes. I just played against a guy who would chase me with his player, then leave and presumably hold RB/R1 as the outside back chases, keeps pace with, and eventually forces a turnover against my attacker.

RT/R2 is supposed to make your players theoretically go faster, correct? I force a turnover in my box, play the ball to my midfielder who is 10 yards closer to the opponent's goal than the opponent's player, but I watch as his player runs with 115 pace to eventually hack my player from behind. All the while, two defenders are rushing towards me.

I play LB+A for a give and go, my attacker jogs away from the ball and the defenders follow him to limit any option of through balls. When my opponent does it and I see it happening, switch to a defender, and start running back towards goal, the defender steps up field allowing a through ball to break my defense seamlessly.

What am I supposed to do when Messi, Crespo, and Alejandro Gomez are caught from behind by players in the low 80's or high 70's, non-rare, from random leagues? What is the magic formula to make my team WANT to defend, WANT to make runs through behind the defense, and actually use their speed and touch to good effect?

Comments

• DadBod
    6302 posts Big Money Move
    Did you lose, ball boy?
  • Slideman1187
    959 posts Professional
    Drayden wrote: »
    I've read countless posts, watched countless videos, and studied the specific buttons I need to press to play defense in this game, but nothing helps when my team is stick in 5 meters of mud.

RB/R1 is supposed to call a second player to the ball? Nope. It lets the attacker run straight through since I've moved my main player over to block passes. I just played against a guy who would chase me with his player, then leave and presumably hold RB/R1 as the outside back chases, keeps pace with, and eventually forces a turnover against my attacker.

RT/R2 is supposed to make your players theoretically go faster, correct? I force a turnover in my box, play the ball to my midfielder who is 10 yards closer to the opponent's goal than the opponent's player, but I watch as his player runs with 115 pace to eventually hack my player from behind. All the while, two defenders are rushing towards me.

I play LB+A for a give and go, my attacker jogs away from the ball and the defenders follow him to limit any option of through balls. When my opponent does it and I see it happening, switch to a defender, and start running back towards goal, the defender steps up field allowing a through ball to break my defense seamlessly.

What am I supposed to do when Messi, Crespo, and Alejandro Gomez are caught from behind by players in the low 80's or high 70's, non-rare, from random leagues? What is the magic formula to make my team WANT to defend, WANT to make runs through behind the defense, and actually use their speed and touch to good effect?

Fiddle around with CT and instructions?
    Get in behind for the attackers etc.