Konami and UEFA to end partnership after CL Final.

CFCHenri
3868 posts National Call-Up
Holy ❤️❤️❤️❤️. 10 year partnership with PES coming to an end. What does this mean for EA?

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/administration/marketing/news/newsid=2551744.html

Comments

• Idek
    16733 posts World Class
    EA can already smell the money that they can milk out of the license I'm sure
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6481 posts Big Money Move
    Terrible news.
  • CeeQue
    13147 posts Has That Special Something
    Idek wrote: »
    EA can already smell the money that they can milk out of the license I'm sure

• Markman007
    3765 posts National Call-Up
    Not good at all. That was one of the few big license advantages PES had. Now EA will have even more of a monopoly on licensing.
  • pekkaa88
    6917 posts Big Money Move
    good
  • DadBod
    6374 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2018
    Good.. now we will have champions league like tourney in fifa

And calcio a nonsense plus domino ligue 1 will be over lol
  • alex1987
    5864 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2018
    Would be cool to have the looks in matches though. Other than that, don't really care for it.

In before separate game or paid DLC like world cup.
  • Markman007

Less competition for FIFA means less motivation to improve their product. So short-term gain, yes we have Champions League in FIFA. Long term PES becomes less competitive and EA are less pressured to release a superior product, and we don't get a better FIFA game.
  • Idek
    16733 posts World Class
    alex1987 wrote: »
    Would be cool to have the looks in matches though. Other than that, don't really care for it.

In before separate game or paid DLC like world cup.

I liked the old seperate CL games they did when I was a kid, that only really worked though because gaming was still more offline based
  • pekkaa88
    6917 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2018
    Markman007 wrote: »

Less competition for FIFA means less motivation to improve their product. So short-term gain, yes we have Champions League in FIFA. Long term PES becomes less competitive and EA are less pressured to release a superior product, and we don't get a better FIFA game.

There hasnt been any real competition in years.. Nobody has bought PES because of their UCL license. PES has been dead project since PS2 era
  • Ishibum
    14918 posts World Class
    Konami have been more interested in making arcade/gambling machines than gaming for a while. Totally neglected the PES series and managed to totally ruin their other IPs.
  • Retro_G
    33020 posts National Team Captain
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Konami have been more interested in making arcade/gambling machines than gaming for a while. Totally neglected the PES series and managed to totally ruin their other IPs.

True, wish they would sell pes productions to another publisher, because they're a good development team, don't have the resources unfortunately.
  • Markman007
    edited April 2018
    pekkaa88 wrote: »

There hasnt been any real competition in years.. Nobody has bought PES because of their UCL license. PES has been dead project since PS2 era

Not sure what you are talking about, as PES has been great the last couple of years (and gaming reviews generally agree here). PES Master League is miles better than career mode in FIFA. The only thing keeping me playing FIFA is FUT. For playing with some friends or single player career, I only play PES. Download a licensing mod for PES, and FUT is the only thing FIFA does better.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    Fifa fans need to realize this is the worst thing that could happen to them. This is only good for EA. It isn’t good for the fifa series or the players. It just means they will put more effort into areas that aren’t gameplay at a time when gameplay is the worst it has been in 17 years.
  • Oneillr
    484 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Maybe another developer will get the rights - (SCEE) im looking at you - bring back 'this is football' series.
  • Pughy30
    28195 posts Player of the Year
    This is massive news due to what EA will now be able to do with the CL but at the end of the day game play is still king, All the fancy CL stadiums and music means nothing if the games still a mess
  • Idek
    16733 posts World Class
    edited April 2018

Not sure what you are talking about, as PES has been great the last couple of years (and gaming reviews generally agree here). PES Master League is miles better than career mode in FIFA. The only thing keeping me playing FIFA is FUT. For playing with some friends or single player career, I only play PES. Download a licensing mod for PES, and FUT is the only thing FIFA does better.

It doesn't matter how good it plays, PES is a dead brand that hardly anyone buys compared to fifa these days
  • Markman007
    edited April 2018

It doesn't matter how good it plays, PES is a dead brand that hardly anyone buys compared to fifa these days

You originally said it's been dead since PS2 days and that's definitely not true. They made a pretty big effort to compete and improve the brand since PES2015 by improving gameplay and securing more licenses (exclusive licenses with Barca, Liverpool, Dortmund, etc). PES2017 and 2018 are probably the best football game I've ever played. However, with this latest news you may be right that it may not have much a future. It's a shame really.
  • golazo
    1759 posts Fans' Favourite
    They going to worry more about champions garbage than gameplay now lol
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2018
    CL was not helping pes no one cares ditto their one-shot licenses with barca etc they need leagues

they need to secure a league or two and shut EA out get the PL that would be huge

get better menus get the proper shoes get the better graphics and then get the leagues and FIFA will be dead
  • Brownian_Motion
    380 posts Sunday League Hero

I totally agree with this one. Less competition is a very bad news.
  • RayS
    31571 posts National Team Captain
    Gasp
  • Ballist1x
    3897 posts National Call-Up

You originally said it's been dead since PS2 days and that's definitely not true. They made a pretty big effort to compete and improve the brand since PES2015 by improving gameplay and securing more licenses (exclusive licenses with Barca, Liverpool, Dortmund, etc). PES2017 and 2018 are probably the best football game I've ever played. However, with this latest news you may be right that it may not have much a future. It's a shame really.

I was a winning 11, pes die hard.

Pes died with the PS2:(
  • Swagster123
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    fifa 19 ea is going to pay a bunch of blind people to make the game
  • Korthan
    2475 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ballist1x wrote: »

I was a winning 11, pes die hard.

Pes died with the PS2:(

Remember International Superstar Soccer?
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class

Nothing wrong with calicos or pizza leagues!
  • Korthan
    2475 posts Fans' Favourite
    Less competition is a very bad news.

EA and the big clubs who created the "Champions" League disagree.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    Korthan wrote: »
    Less competition is a very bad news.

EA and the big clubs who created the "Champions" League disagree.

EA and the big clubs only care about money. They don’t care about the gamers. For them obviously no competition is great. Terrible for us though.
  • mdizzl3
    12418 posts Has That Special Something
    Fifa fans need to realize this is the worst thing that could happen to them. This is only good for EA. It isn’t good for the fifa series or the players. It just means they will put more effort into areas that aren’t gameplay at a time when gameplay is the worst it has been in 17 years.

The gameplay engineers and the game designers are on different teams. Two things can be worked on concurrently.
  • alex1987
    5864 posts Big Money Move
    PES 4 and PES 6 were amazing. I stopped playing FIFA for those years. After that switched back.
    Remember Adriano in the game, when shooting missiles at goal "Adrianooooooo".