The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Thierry Henry's FC Dallas | Story Ended

Comments

• WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    4ttkOzy.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    7 out of 9 points in the last games. Dallas keeps going strong. And we're back talking about efficiency with the latest win. Big win against Galaxy after coming back late in the game and being clinical in front of goal.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    This was a lucky victory. LA Galaxy enjoyed the best chances and the ball possession. Let's be honest, Kaiser and Benitez won the game, but Dallas didn't lose thanks to Otte. A new victory in a bad day against a tough rival, this is what the big teams do and Dallas are big.
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    mL5Tg6I.png
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    KxpO9Bk.png
  • Danimal5981
    2478 posts Fans' Favourite
    Unrivaled really. But it's like Henry said: they now know how to win a title and that's what I'm recognizing here: we see confidence and routine at The Horns! KIU!
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    GOTP4i5.png
    tSiIXmv.png
    FoPg2FF.png
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    fssERDJ.png
    Post edited by WestardLord on
  • Danimal5981
    2478 posts Fans' Favourite
    Unrivaled really. [...] we see confidence and routine at The Horns! KIU!

Right, that's my previous comment out of the window...
  • subpop
    Very nice game, with both team exchanging punches to each other, showing they're among the best in MLS.

However, it looked like Dallas was always reacting to NYCFC's football and I always had the feeling they were more in control. After the 2-2, NYCFC seemed more ambitious and the 3rd goal came after a couple of serious warnings. Maybe a draw would have been more fair, but if someone deserved to win, it definitely was NYCFC.

Two bad results aren't a problem now, but time to wake up.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Yeah and now it's 7 out of 12 points which sounds worse than it is. It's still early in the season and NY showed Dallas their weaknesses. An unfortunate defeat at home against a strong opponent. A game to learn from, simple as that. Dallas has the mentality and team to bounce back.
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah considering the rivalry with NYC during the last season, and our loss to them in the US Open Cup, they're a worthy team to be beaten by. But a home loss stings pretty bad. Lots of inconsistency in defending, lots of holes that weren't filled.
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    6A3CZKe.png
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    M14DeK5.png
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    OAZ6Lkq.png
    D6czvPc.png
    KZd4RBM.png
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    dfhynov.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    And again a late goal against them. Dallas defense really seems to be shaky and it's more a mental block that they're carrying around. Really bad performance by them in the second half to give up the lead..
  • subpop
    The 0-2 seemed a bit unfair... Dallas were efficient upfront as always, but the team conceeded too much at their back. During lots of minutes, Otte sustained the team, but his defenders were ready to spoil his night. The first goal of New England is a joke... the same fullback gave the ball to the rival two or three times in a very dangerous zone to assist the rival's forward at the end. In the 2-2, I think Otte made an error as he put his defender in an extreme situation under pressure, but never ever give a horizontal pass under pressure...

What's going on?!
  • Alastair
    10142 posts Moderator
    Moved to FIFA 19 CMS
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    Alastair wrote: »
    Moved to FIFA 19 CMS
    Thanks!
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    EyML9Vc.png
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    IuRYyFU.png
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    yM93Rph.png
    LWzuRSR.png
    j2Rmcc1.png

• WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    1ycLoYi.png
  • subpop
    Balanced match with positive outcome. It's true that Dallas had more shots on target, but Portland had more possession and still had some good chances to surprise Dallas.

Thankfully the team found the 3 points after a corner kick... unusual for Dallas. Still struggling to get the results, but the 3 points stayed at home, which is the most important.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    In the end nobody will ask how you get the 3 points. Most important is the fact that you got them especially after the latest results. It's important to show some reaction and the defense did their job. Just a matter of time until all parts fit together well again.
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yea maybe it's just shaking off the dust for the beginning of the season. I also increased the difficulty for this season, so hopefully that shows itself more often.
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    [deleted]
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    fr3kTpn.png
  • WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero