WL Gameplay is laughable

wwffan99tx
700 posts Semi-Pro
So after winning my personal best 22 games last week I started off this week 9-1. Everything was clicking. Players making runs, pinpoint passing. Couldn't be stopped. And then the gameplay changed. Last 30 games I went 5-25. Seemed like every single pass was 1 step behind my player. When I did manage to piece a couple passes together and get a shot off it would just fly wide or bang off the post. My defenders lost all their sight as players just continually would run past them as they stood like their feet were in wet concrete. How can this game advertise itself as "e-sport" ready when you can never get the same gameplay from game to game. Thankfully I had a good laugh. A couple months ago I probably would have raged out but I'm so used to the crap its now funny.

Comments

• MaxxyMousse
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    Get your 11 wins, book your place in the next WL, and switch to Fortnite
  • DiFFeRenT_Gr4vY
    3739 posts National Call-Up

this, but I play COD. I tried real hard last month and got 27 wins one week, 25, 24, 23 wins in other weeks and 11 wins in the first week coz I stopped there.... got gold 1 monthly, I got nothing from rewards and nothing from monthlies so I can't be bothered to put the effort in anymore. This week I stopped at 11 wins.
  • Waspy
    3885 posts National Call-Up

Same..... stretch to 14 if you can as rewards ars a little better....... and call it a day.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rewards suck.
    All them hours for what?
  • DadBod
    6296 posts Big Money Move
    Mdx wrote: »
    Rewards suck.
    All them hours for what?
    For tradeable bas dost
  • Aqeel87
    2556 posts Fans' Favourite

• Waspy
    Mdx wrote: »
    Rewards suck.
    All them hours for what?

mans gotta point.....
  • Waspy
    i've actually got my best pulls from squad battles as well........ :(
  • gabriel1990
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2018
    Wrong thread, sorry!
  • yogibear
    975 posts Semi-Pro
    Eventhough I recently started believing a little more in the EA conspiracy theories after some PMs with credible content was sent to me, I just have to say this:

You go up against better and better opponents (in theory) the more wins you get. If you go 9-1 you are most likely predicted Elite/Gold 1 and will play against people with similar record. You will meet people that are better at defending, cutting your passing lanes, closing down faster, better custom tactics, or even just people that formation switch to a tactic that counters yours (and ofcourse the games where you meet up with someone that has a ping advantage/disadvantage). There would be no 40-0 players if this was SO influential in how a game works out.

Be calm, dont be overly aggressive and do yourself a magic trick, record your first five matches and then your last five and have a watch. Difference in both how you play and your opponent is bound to be huge.
  • Waspy
    i actually had a laughable number of my own players getting the way of shots etc this weekend.... not mention balls hitting my players (rebounds etc.) and they don't even react!

And what is with that animation whereby a player lifts one leg and slightly leans away..... and the ball casually (not even powerfully) rolls under the lifted leg.... drives me mad!
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Gameplay is more a problem when you are winning. In fairness, 9-1 would have you predicted elite 1 so you are going to get a run of bitterly difficult games if you are normally a gold player.
  • Retro_G
    29082 posts Player of the Year
    Waspy wrote: »
    i've actually got my best pulls from squad battles as well........ :(

I got an icon from Elite 1 squad battles, an icon from gold 3 in weekend league. You never know lads. :joy: :joy:
  • Anonymous22
    69 posts Park Captain
    Yup totally agree with op. I'm yet to have a game where I'm not stop starting all the time. Power meter is very slow to respond and general play is extremely heavy.