Was someone trying to hack me?

smcali23
1249 posts Professional
So, I just got an email from EA with a security code, saying that if I didn't request it that I should change my password ASAP. Does that mean someone was trying to hack my account? Anyone experienced this?

Cheers!

Comments

• PMSFL
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    smcali23 wrote: »
    So, I just got an email from EA with a security code, saying that if I didn't request it that I should change my password ASAP. Does that mean someone was trying to hack my account? Anyone experienced this?

Cheers!

EA Twitter rapid, don't touch any links or enter any passwords until you spoke to EA! :worried:
  • smcali23
    1249 posts Professional
    PMSFL wrote: »

Cheers!

EA Twitter rapid, don't touch any links or enter any passwords until you spoke to EA! :worried:

Cheers mate. I've heard some horror stories on here and I don't wanna be dealing with that.
  • mdizzl3
    12439 posts Has That Special Something
    Navigate yourself onto the EA page, don't use any links provided. change all your details. Ensure 2 stage verification is still on.
  • smcali23
    1249 posts Professional
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    Navigate yourself onto the EA page, don't use any links provided. change all your details. Ensure 2 stage verification is still on.

Cheers mate - I did just that :)
  • Joe
    4587 posts National Call-Up
    Got one aswell. Make sure you change your Email's password aswell, use 2 step verification there too.

Panicked a bit, hopefully it's nothing though. Changed everything I can just in case.
  • CoupeizL
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Something similar happened at the weekend to me, got woken up to a text in Russian with a security code..

Google translated it and then proceeded to quickly log in and change everything including email passwords etc just to be safe but the code I requested personally was exactly the same as the Russian one
  • African11
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PMSFL wrote: »

Cheers!