sold up but qualified for WL... now what?

BC_United
1001 posts Professional
edited April 2018
totally sold up and getting ready for TOTKS and TOTS, was playing DKT but got disconnected, tried my luck with the self-serve tool and qualified...

my current team (see below) is struggling in D3... it is surprisingly solid however just won't do against the likes of CR7, TOTY and Icons..

any advise on what I should do to get 11 wins in this upcoming WL? plan is to have a team that is just good enough to get 11 wins from now till TOTS as i won't be building a strong team until then so qualifying via DKT would be a challenge

I have 7.8M coins after selling up but am planning to save them for TOTS as i'd like to get both TOTS CR7 and Messi plus a decent team (TOTS/Icons) around them

BuZvj5s.jpg

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    70293 posts Moderator
    Don't bother.
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2018
    So you want a good enough team to get 11 wins but also don’t want to spend any of your coins as you’re saving them for TOTS.

There’s like a million things wrong with that team but if you’re decent enough you’ll get 11 with it
  • Fab
    17829 posts World Class
    enjoy a free weekend
  • Dan is Clutch
    24993 posts Player of the Year
    I don’t know why but I feel like @orison needs to see and analyse this team.
  • Orison
    48567 posts FIFA Cover Star
    I don’t know why but I feel like @orison needs to see and analyse this team.

It's literally the same comment everytime he posts a team and he never changes. I won't bother with it anymore.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Don't bother.
    SebCFC123 wrote: »
    So you want a good enough team to get 11 wins but also don’t want to spend any of your coins as you’re saving them for TOTS.

There’s like a million things wrong with that team but if you’re decent enough you’ll get 11 with it
    Fab wrote: »
    enjoy a free weekend

well it's a dilemma coz i don't usually qualify...

but now that i do i'd really wanna give it a shot for 11 wins...

but it's like the worst time as i've just sold up and trying to resist spending coins knowing that i just need to wait for 2-3 weeks then i can build much better final team that i'd be happy with for the next few months
  • Finesse_4days
    7177 posts Big Money Move
    BC_United wrote: »
    Don't bother.

enjoy a free weekend

but it's like the worst time as i've just sold up and trying to resist spending coins knowing that i just need to wait for 2-3 weeks then i can build much better final team that i'd be happy with for the next few months

if you don't usually qualify with a stacked team an are now playing with a team which may as well cost 200k you will get absolutely d i ck ed over the weekend so don't bother playing.
  • clsMUFC
    1236 posts Professional
    Don't bother.

enjoy a free weekend

So you had a team worth 7.8million and don't usually qualify? even the most average of fifa players should be qualifying with a team of that value
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11615 posts Has That Special Something
    Feel like you're teams always look terrible for the coins spent lol you have 8 mil shouldn't be this worried about coins all the time
  • Finesse_4days
    edited April 2018
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    Don't bother.

enjoy a free weekend

So you had a team worth 7.8million and don't usually qualify? even the most average of fifa players should be qualifying with a team of that value

no offence to the guy, but he always makes bpl sweat teams so he may as well only have a mill team rather than a 7 mill team.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20956 posts Club Captain
    Absolutely no chance i would be using that team with 8m in the bank :joy:
  • WFCBagnall
    70293 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Absolutely no chance i would be using that team with 8m in the bank :joy:

Deulofeu does look beast tbf
  • SebCFC123
    Don't bother.

enjoy a free weekend

Don’t bother playing then if you’re this worried about coins. You’re not gonna make anything from getting 11 wins anyway.
    But yeah as @Orison said you haven’t changed anything from last time you asked and this team is the same just with worse players
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    As terrible as that team is, you’ll still get 11 wins. It just might take you 40 games.
  • Finesse_4days
    just f u c k saving coins and get a team with 90 gullit 88 viera Portuguese Ronaldo and 87 desailly in with either prime adp 91 diniho or 87adp cam depending on play style in either a 4231 or 41212
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    That Team will be fine for 11 wins.
    Stop worrying about coins and don't believe the need for Meta squads or solely in pace abuse teams.
  • JoresOkore5
    1311 posts Professional
    You should still easily get 11 wins with that
  • Orison
    48567 posts FIFA Cover Star
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Stop worrying about coins and don't believe the need for Meta squads or solely in pace abuse teams.

I mean the guy is using boring PL teams since day 1. He better starts believing in meta teams as long as it's a hybrid lol
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    edited April 2018
    Orison wrote: »

I mean the guy is using boring PL teams since day 1. He better starts believing in meta teams as long as it's a hybrid lol

Unfortunately most of the FUT community makes boring PL sweat squads.
    At least his team isn't based around Salah and Sane at Strike force like most.
    To get 11 wins in WL you do not need some crazy good squad or a full on Pace squad.
    If you are going for Elite or G1 at least then yeah maybe.
  • Legegg
    1011 posts Professional
    Sick hybrid. Mixing prem with an icon. And 8m just sitting there doing nothing on a game you're not particularly good at so it really doesn't matter what you do with them. Sick m8.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    As terrible as that team is, you’ll still get 11 wins. It just might take you 40 games.
    You should still easily get 11 wins with that

yes surprisingly in terms of results i don't find this team a lot more worse than my stacked team.... yes i score less coz i no longer have TOTY Kane but i don't concede more (i have a more solid LCM than TOTY KDB and my CBs aren't much worse)... i still beat opponents that i used to beat easily and still get smashed by opponents that could smash my stacked team...

and what i notice is that with this team i play more relaxed as i have less expectations, so my plan this WL will be to play all 40 matches with no expectations and hoping to win 1 out of 4 and a couple rage quits
  • o0OainavO0o
    2226 posts Fans' Favourite
    If I am reading this correct, the op has 8 mil and using a bogus team? To each there own but obviously you cannot be enjoying the game doing this. Just really think about it, game is dead in 5 months, you have 8 mil right now and you plan on playing at bottom of the barrel for another month.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Orison wrote: »

HapVnCM.jpg

this was my final team last year (yes, not a single PL player!) my point is, i'm planning to build something like that but not until after TOTS as the problem with hybrid is that you might have to change the entire team for chemistry purposes just to change 1 player (yes you can use Icons but i don't wanna spend 2-3M on a prime icon when a similar TOTS costs 2-300k)... but with TOTS cards my team would be final and i don't have to worry about changing everything to upgrade

• Hippyboy6
    16884 posts World Class
    Are you really not spending until TOTS? No way I could have that many coins & not buy a good team. Why not spend say 4m on a really good team then use the other 4m to trade...... A lot easier to make coins when you have coins. Even now if you'd bought TOTGS & 80+ IF you'd make shed loads this weekend...... You could invest heavily as well as playing with a good team
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    Are you really not spending until TOTS? No way I could have that many coins & not buy a good team. Why not spend say 4m on a really good team then use the other 4m to trade...... A lot easier to make coins when you have coins. Even now if you'd bought TOTGS & 80+ IF you'd make shed loads this weekend...... You could invest heavily as well as playing with a good team

i'm just really scared of the TOTKS crash... last year i forgot to sell up b4 TOTKS and lost 40% of my coins overnight....

i still have 2 tradable TOTW packs, around 10 untradable IFs and 20 tradable IFs that i've packed so i guess i'll open 1 TOTW pack once the new on this... sell the 20 tradable IFsnd use the 10 untradables in potential sbcs this weekend

would it help to get 11 wins if i spend 800k more coins?
  • Sanchezzzz
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    You worry about coins too much.
  • o0OainavO0o
    2226 posts Fans' Favourite

i'm just really scared of the TOTKS crash... last year i forgot to sell up b4 TOTKS and lost 40% of my coins overnight....

i still have 2 tradable TOTW packs, around 10 untradable IFs and 20 tradable IFs that i've packed so i guess i'll open 1 TOTW pack once the new on this... sell the 20 tradable IFsnd use the 10 untradables in potential sbcs this weekend

Probably help if you spent more time playing than making EA rich and hoarding. I use a poor mans team and have a family, job, life and still can bang in 18 wins a weekend without playing a full forty and have come to realize it’s just about playing, practicing, and improving. I was using Neymar but get the same results using a red Izquierda, switched izquerida to my untradeable fb bolasie, again sane results. Just play.
  • Otis
    3412 posts National Call-Up

The only reason there was a crash last year was because no one expected it, this year everyone (on here atleast) knows it's coming so it won't be anywhere near as bad
  • SebCFC123

‘Scared’ lmao
  • Boabdust
    4785 posts National Call-Up
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    You worry about coins too much.

‘Scared’ lmao