Fifa World Cup Mode Thread.

Comments

• VICTAAAA
    11222 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »
    TwoZebras wrote: »
    Moore usable? Or should I just chuck him in the next one?

CDM on 8 chem. ;)

IMG_20180609_182127092.jpg

That’s exactly where I play Moore and he’s freakin’ amazing at CDM. His high dribbling stats have him stay in front of attackers so damn well.
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    I don’t get this mode TBH. What does it even have to do with this year’s World Cup when everyone now has full Icon sides?
  • Finesse_4days
    10691 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2018
    mjs4p wrote: »
    I don’t get this mode TBH. What does it even have to do with this year’s World Cup when everyone now has full Icon sides?

i agree 100%, the repeatable icon sbcs have made it completely ❤️❤️❤️❤️ , how am i supposed to compete with mendy left back, rashford striker and koscielny cb and a Gk ive never even heard off with such stacked teams, it just makes the game pointless and boring with everyone using icons instead of players who will actually be at the world cup, Also whats the point in a mode where you just pay a few 100k (which i haven't got spare) to get a stacked team and have no grind what so ever or any sense of achievement.
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    I was so excited for WC, so decided to come back from my retirement and what a horrible experience it is.

No new player protection, Im facing 90+ rated teams every game. This plus the fact that Im pretty much the worst UT player ever is a reason to never play any UT mode again. I havent faced a single team with only WC players, icons everywhere.

Done with Fifa completely I think, H2H is pointless as winning Div1 in H2H is equally difficult as getting to Div9 from Div10 in UT. The non-UT WC mode is the same. Either Im a good H2H players or the quality of players outside UT is abysmal.
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    mjs4p wrote: »

i agree 100%, the repeatable icon sbcs have made it completely **** , how am i supposed to compete with mendy left back, rashford striker and koscielny cb and a Gk ive never even heard off with such stacked teams, it just makes the game pointless and boring with everyone using icons instead of players who will actually be at the world cup, Also whats the point in a mode where you just pay a few 100k (which i haven't got spare) to get a stacked team and have no grind what so ever or any sense of achievement.

I just think the Icon SBC has made the actual WC useless. I expected we’d see generous upgrades of mid tier players that would make them fun to use in this mode. Say Kagawa scores and gets a big upgrade. No one is using him if everyone already has Ronaldinho and Pele.
  • Finesse_4days
    edited June 2018
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    I was so excited for WC, so decided to come back from my retirement and what a horrible experience it is.

No new player protection, Im facing 90+ rated teams every game. This plus the fact that Im pretty much the worst UT player ever is a reason to never play any UT mode again. I havent faced a single team with only WC players, icons everywhere.

Done with Fifa completely I think, H2H is pointless as winning Div1 in H2H is equally difficult as getting to Div9 from Div10 in UT. The non-UT WC mode is the same. Either Im a good H2H players or the quality of players outside UT is abysmal.

h2h division 1 is the same as division 2 in fut seasons so if you can win it in means you are a good player. Tbf though I'm only in like division 5 in h2h as i got bored because it was too easy to win, so outside the top few divisions the standard is pretty trash but I'm sure in division 1and 2 there will be some hard matches.
  • RebelRob
    6785 posts Big Money Move
    Did a few more. Finally got matthaus, but got 3 maradonas, 2 nakatas, 2 yashin’s and another dinho.

Ffs just give me ronaldo!!!!!!!!!! :angry:
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up

h2h division 1 is the same as division 2 in fut seasons so if you can win it in means you are a good player.
    I failed to get from Div6 this year in UT. Im regularly getting smashed by 5 goals and Im usually at 40% possession. Everyone is just chasing me from behind and gets the ball all the time. While I cant tackle in UT at all, the ball everytime just goes back to my opponent. In H2H I had no such issue. In my last 10 FUT games Im pretty sure I conceded more goals than in 60 H2H games.

I have won H2H Div1 with 58W-1D-2L record. :joy:
  • Finesse_4days
    edited June 2018

h2h division 1 is the same as division 2 in fut seasons so if you can win it in means you are a good player.
    I failed to get from Div6 this year in UT. Im regularly getting smashed by 5 goals and Im usually at 40% possession. Everyone is just chasing me from behind and gets the ball all the time. While I cant tackle in UT at all, the ball everytime just goes back to my opponent. In H2H I had no such issue. In my last 10 FUT games Im pretty sure I conceded more goals than in 60 H2H games.

I have won H2H Div1 with 58W-1D-2L record. :joy:
    the standard of player sounds pretty bad then, in fifa 15 and fifa 16 when i used to play more H2H i won division 1 but it wasn't easy and it felt very similar to division 1 fut seasons at times ,with the only difference being there was no pay to win aspect, but obviously because of the good players now playing only fut h2h has now become very easy.
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    I just put KDB in the icon SBC :D What am I even doing. Wasn't even a dupe lol

And guess who pops out?!

Klose!!

Crazy lol kdb is still the best in the game imo
  • Tsarov
    6191 posts Big Money Move
    I'm still missing Yashin and Henry, but I was able to pack R9 x3 or Maradona x2. I will try Moore at CDM. This sound like a decent idea. His pace is not the greatest but agility looks great.

Puyol is probably useless, but if he won't work I will put Varane or Ramos next to Blanc.
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    Neuer!

Leno can go in the SBC now. Rubbish he was
  • Cloudio7
    2668 posts Fans' Favourite
    How's Yashin?

From my experience, horrible: possibly the worst keeper i've used this year. Lets in some innocuous shots and i find his handling really poor.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12112 posts Has That Special Something
    Not really liking the gameplay at all in this mode if I'm being honest
  • TwoZebras
    Literally the pack after Neuer I packed Yashin :D

Have not heard good things
  • Nen
    7177 posts Moderator
    The icon SBC and the way they kinda gave up with TOTS is making me think WC upgrades will be mad
  • Finesse_4days
    Nen wrote: »
    The icon SBC and the way they kinda gave up with TOTS is making me think WC upgrades will be mad

you think they will do upgraded cards in both fut and world cup mode?
  • Orison
    56118 posts National Treasure

@Nen will be normal iMOTMs imo. Top of the normal special cards of that card, but below TOTS/TOTY.
  • Nen
    7177 posts Moderator

you think they will do upgraded cards in both fut and world cup mode?

I hope so. They did before, i would be pretty annoyed if they just binned off normal fut completely.... I think this is the first time in like 6 years that we have no special items available. (icons aside)
  • TwoZebras
    Got Okocha. Tried him in one game and he's pretty ❤️❤️❤️❤️ tbh
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12112 posts Has That Special Something
    Orison wrote: »

I agree with him tbh. The gameplay just kinda sucks in WC unfortunately
  • TwoZebras
    It is weird how they just decided yesterday to let everyone have full icon teams :D

Icons in the WC mode never made sense to me anyway, but it won't stop me getting a damn Brazilian
  • Keano
    16615 posts World Class
    It is weird how they just decided yesterday to let everyone have full icon teams :D

Icons in the WC mode never made sense to me anyway, but it won't stop me getting a damn Brazilian

I do feel they should've had higher reqs for the Icon SBC, but then again they prob have something else planned or the upgrades will be huge for players who get motm etc.
  • RebelRob
    Not sure why, but for some reason screen shots aren’t saving to Xbox clips...

Anyway, now rocking nearly the same team as most who spent a few coins on wc mode.

Subs bench is pretty ridiculous as well lol. Not sure how Moore is as I’ve only played 2 games but may swap him out for varane if I need pace.

Anyway, played 2 games so far with this team, 2 sub 20 minute rage quits! Last time I played a few games no one would quit so not sure what happened. Both had minimum 4 icons as well.

A236_C94_E_AEF4_4429_9_E9_D_8_DB0_EB03_AF5_E.jpg
  • RebelRob
    Orison wrote: »

I agree with him tbh. The gameplay just kinda sucks in WC unfortunately

I kind of agree with that also.

Ok, so some of the game the majority of fun comes from spending time making coins through investing/trading etc, and some of it through actually building your ultimate team. The thing is some people, in fact the majority, will never build the ultimate team that want.

Also, seeing as it’s going to be a relatively short lived thing, why not give everyone the opportunity to have a near best team possible from playing a few games. If you’ve spent 0 coins on this mode, unless you’ve played day in/day out since release and won the wc time and again, you won’t have enough played to do multiple icon sbc’s, so it’s only those who’ve spent a bit that will have near full icon teams, which is the same as regular ut anyway. It will be a reasonably even field if everyone can get mega teams quickly as well, and at least rewards players for putting in effort in the way of after having x amount of players you essentially get a free icon.

Ok it has its flaws, but I think on the whole it’s a decent mode for a short term thing.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    As a spin off/add this is perfect. Short life span, let people use whatever players they want. It's fun.
  • M98H
    13766 posts Has That Special Something
    As a spin off/add this is perfect. Short life span, let people use whatever players they want. It's fun.

• DWR
    420 posts Sunday League Hero

Agreed.

I’ve played Fifa since the beginning and never had an icon. In WC mode I now have 10.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Not sure why, but for some reason screen shots aren’t saving to Xbox clips...

Anyway, now rocking nearly the same team as most who spent a few coins on wc mode.

Subs bench is pretty ridiculous as well lol. Not sure how Moore is as I’ve only played 2 games but may swap him out for varane if I need pace.

Anyway, played 2 games so far with this team, 2 sub 20 minute rage quits! Last time I played a few games no one would quit so not sure what happened. Both had minimum 4 icons as well.

A236_C94_E_AEF4_4429_9_E9_D_8_DB0_EB03_AF5_E.jpg

Moore is a better CDM, would go with Varane/Ramos at CB. Lother at cm instead of Deco/Costa.