Fifa World Cup Mode Thread.

Comments

  • maxwms
    2519 posts Fans' Favourite
    Any tips on who to play and who to put on bench.
    Speaking about my offense, not sure which formation.

    I have:

    CR7
    Messi
    Ronaldinho
    Pele
    Maradona
    Henry.

    Thanks guys
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    Baners wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Baners wrote: »
    Name needs changed......Fifa Icon Mode thread

    At least you felt special with your R9 for a little while :#

    Lol...facts. I felt awesome about building a sick rtg team, now it's just meh....the grind was fun while it lasted tho

    Why has the grind changed?

    There is no grind...we were all just given full icon teams
  • RebelRob
    6785 posts Big Money Move
    maxwms wrote: »
    Any tips on who to play and who to put on bench.
    Speaking about my offense, not sure which formation.

    I have:

    CR7
    Messi
    Ronaldinho
    Pele
    Maradona
    Henry.

    Thanks guys

    I’ve not used Maradona but heard he’s quite poor, and not used Henry yet but he’s not done anything against me. Dinho seems pretty slick, so I’d try as follows.

    41212-2 is what I use so would do this.


    Cr Henry
    Dinho
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    Baners wrote: »
    Baners wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Baners wrote: »
    Name needs changed......Fifa Icon Mode thread

    At least you felt special with your R9 for a little while :#

    Lol...facts. I felt awesome about building a sick rtg team, now it's just meh....the grind was fun while it lasted tho

    Why has the grind changed?

    There is no grind...we were all just given full icon teams

    On a RTG you can get a full icon team? Fair enough.

    But you don't have to do these SBCs ya know?
  • maxwms
    2519 posts Fans' Favourite
    RebelRob wrote: »
    maxwms wrote: »
    Any tips on who to play and who to put on bench.
    Speaking about my offense, not sure which formation.

    I have:

    CR7
    Messi
    Ronaldinho
    Pele
    Maradona
    Henry.

    Thanks guys

    I’ve not used Maradona but heard he’s quite poor, and not used Henry yet but he’s not done anything against me. Dinho seems pretty slick, so I’d try as follows.

    41212-2 is what I use so would do this.


    Cr Henry
    Dinho

    Alright thanks.

    Why not Pele?
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    Baners wrote: »
    Baners wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Baners wrote: »
    Name needs changed......Fifa Icon Mode thread

    At least you felt special with your R9 for a little while :#

    Lol...facts. I felt awesome about building a sick rtg team, now it's just meh....the grind was fun while it lasted tho

    Why has the grind changed?

    There is no grind...we were all just given full icon teams

    On a RTG you can get a full icon team? Fair enough.

    But you don't have to do these SBCs ya know?

    Yah, already did like 9 or 10. Ya but are you really going to run your normal players up against full icon squads just because? Just nothing special about this game now...almost has nothing to do with this years world cup anymore.

    I might do a new rtg trying to build each full squad and win it with as many nation's as I can but let's be honest...that will probably cause to much rage lol
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    Just did another, make that Matthaus x 3 :D

    Could have done with 3x Matthaus in main FUT to be honest :D
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    Does anyone know how to change your country badge? Is it possible?
  • Orison
    56183 posts National Treasure
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to change your country badge? Is it possible?

    It's not.
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    Orison wrote: »
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to change your country badge? Is it possible?

    It's not.

    :joy:
  • RebelRob
    6785 posts Big Money Move
    maxwms wrote: »
    RebelRob wrote: »
    maxwms wrote: »
    Any tips on who to play and who to put on bench.
    Speaking about my offense, not sure which formation.

    I have:

    CR7
    Messi
    Ronaldinho
    Pele
    Maradona
    Henry.

    Thanks guys

    I’ve not used Maradona but heard he’s quite poor, and not used Henry yet but he’s not done anything against me. Dinho seems pretty slick, so I’d try as follows.

    41212-2 is what I use so would do this.


    Cr Henry
    Dinho

    Alright thanks.

    Why not Pele?

    Sorry, forgot to say that as well! I’ve only used the loan version and didn’t find him very impressive either. Jesus was better than him and Neymar.

    Obviously you might find them different as everyone gets on better with different players. I’d try switching them around in game and seeing who’s better for you.

  • DobbyDooDah
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    Now have R9, Pele, Ronaldinho and Maradona as a front 4. I’ve played World Cup mode for total of like 12 hours.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3598 posts National Call-Up
    Just did 2 offline draft to farm some packs. Got my first two icons (out of normal packs). Unfortunately I'd already got Maradona and Costa from yesterday's sbc
  • ArangoWorld
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    32925353dy.jpg

    Plays so good
  • maxwms
    2519 posts Fans' Favourite
    RebelRob wrote: »
    maxwms wrote: »
    RebelRob wrote: »
    maxwms wrote: »
    Any tips on who to play and who to put on bench.
    Speaking about my offense, not sure which formation.

    I have:

    CR7
    Messi
    Ronaldinho
    Pele
    Maradona
    Henry.

    Thanks guys

    I’ve not used Maradona but heard he’s quite poor, and not used Henry yet but he’s not done anything against me. Dinho seems pretty slick, so I’d try as follows.

    41212-2 is what I use so would do this.


    Cr Henry
    Dinho

    Alright thanks.

    Why not Pele?

    Sorry, forgot to say that as well! I’ve only used the loan version and didn’t find him very impressive either. Jesus was better than him and Neymar.

    Obviously you might find them different as everyone gets on better with different players. I’d try switching them around in game and seeing who’s better for you.

    Will do. Thanks a lot
  • Cantona84
    7588 posts League Winner
    How long is this icon sbc out for?
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    RebelRob wrote: »
    maxwms wrote: »
    Any tips on who to play and who to put on bench.
    Speaking about my offense, not sure which formation.

    I have:

    CR7
    Messi
    Ronaldinho
    Pele
    Maradona
    Henry.

    Thanks guys

    I’ve not used Maradona but heard he’s quite poor, and not used Henry yet but he’s not done anything against me. Dinho seems pretty slick, so I’d try as follows.

    41212-2 is what I use so would do this.


    Cr Henry
    Dinho

    Maradona is immense, when you use LS, L1 dribbling.
  • Dinksy
    2197 posts Fans' Favourite
    Maradona does dirty things
  • Idek
    16163 posts World Class
    Dinksy wrote: »
    Maradona does dirty things

    Are we still talking about fifa

  • ha032742
    38236 posts Moderator
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    How long is this icon sbc out for?

    Indefinitely
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Done another 2 got Rui and Mara. Happy with that!
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    Moore usable? Or should I just chuck him in the next one?
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    TwoZebras wrote: »
    Moore usable? Or should I just chuck him in the next one?

    Yh he’s good
  • NornIron
    13886 posts Has That Special Something
    Wish I didn't do any icons now its ruined the game mode for me. I don't think upgrades matter anymore.
  • Nen
    7177 posts Moderator
    Finally won the WC but damn.. The rewards are terrible given the fact they are all full games rather than getting RQs. I see why people are doing the group stage thing.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    Nen wrote: »
    Finally won the WC but damn.. The rewards are terrible given the fact they are all full games rather than getting RQs. I see why people are doing the group stage thing.

    The rewards for winning are much better than winning the groups a few times, but the problem is if you get knocked out inbetween
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Nen wrote: »
    Finally won the WC but damn.. The rewards are terrible given the fact they are all full games rather than getting RQs. I see why people are doing the group stage thing.

    15k+2 packs is not that bad imo but if you take multiple tries to win it then yh its not worth the time spent
  • kingDrogbaaaa
    1433 posts Play-Off Hero
    Got , Ronaldo, Mara, ockocha, Rui, blanc, Matthias, Hernandez. Very happy with the returns
  • EddieFicio
    22483 posts Club Captain
    I hate that people will take being double figured for a single player pack :joy:
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12112 posts Has That Special Something
    My friend did 6 of the icon sbc last night and got Hernandez, mattheus, R9x2, pele and maradonna. Unreal
Sign In or Register to comment.