90 Bale as CAM and CM? Value?

Absting159
6657 posts Moderator
So, I'm in the midst of a draft and I have Bale on the bench. I brought him on at halftime at CCM in a 4-3-3 and he literally covered the entire pitch and was a beast on the ball and retrieving it from my poor opponent.

Made me consider adding him to my team in the midfield or heck even at ST to pair Gullit. Anyone have decent reviews? I only have enough coin for the 90.

Comments

• ORANGEeffect05
    20275 posts Club Captain
    His NIF was very good up top on 7 chem. A bit clunky on the dribble but rapid in a line and great shot/heading.
  • mjs4p
    11073 posts Has That Special Something
    Bale seems to always be great on FUT. I haven’t used him since early in the game, but he was great for me at ST back then. A number of players much better than me also seem to have used him, so I don’t think you can go wrong with him.
  • Absting159
    6657 posts Moderator
    @ORANGEeffect05 @mjs4p

Having a surplus of ICON defenders since getting Nesta from the Base Icon, I may off either Blanc or Desailly and get him. I'm 2-0 in draft. Into the 3rd game now :)
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Bale has a rocket of a shot but that’s about it, felt so damn slow and dribbling is meh
  • Xxcdhxx
    79 posts Park Captain
    I set him to be the centre CAM in a 4231 and he plays great there.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Used to be really good there in fifa 16 and prior.. They started killing his stamina last year onwards and he’s just dead by the 60th min..
  • BuffonJuve93
    1168 posts Professional
    I remember watching Bale when Wales played Russia in Toulouse. Even though he was lined up as an attacker, he covered the whole pitch from the first minute til the last second of the game. Beast!
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    I remember watching Bale when Wales played Russia in Toulouse. Even though he was lined up as an attacker, he covered the whole pitch from the first minute til the last second of the game. Beast!

Yup somehow EA thought him being injury prone with slightly less acceleration compared to a few years ago calls for absolutely killing his stamina for some reason.. :D He’s still literally helping out in defence till the end of the game when he’s out there..
  • Rickch
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m using the 90ST at LCM at the moment and I like him. Got a good set of defensive stats and his long shots are great!