FIFA 19 Starhead Thread

RollsReus
1355 posts Professional
For the 8th year running, the Starhead Thread returns for this years edition of FIFA. This thread is consistently the biggest and most popular thread on this entire forum, having attained more than 1 million views on each of the four last threads. This, combined with an ever increasing hunger from fans around this world, shows how highly fans of FIFA value the topic of player faces within the game.

Since 2011, the Starhead Thread has been the mecca for news on player faces and a place for aesthetic fans to come and discuss all things face-like. Throughout the years, we have had a community of passionate fans. Some who have been members for years and others who are new to the thread. We are some of the most committed fans who play the game, but don't mistake our tenacity, it's purely a mutual love of the game and a desire for our voices to be heard. Our members are constantly looking for squeaks and leaks for any potential news from official teams and players.

Naturally we will have new users coming into this thread for the first time, who are very welcome to become part of the discussion. To you, we say that we are well aware that there's on-going problems with FIFA and that graphics can't be the main focus on the development team, but there is enough threads for these situations. This thread is committed to just one side of the title, something that has their own team for, so we ask that you respect our place and don't post for arguments sake. We respect your opinion but this isn't the place for it.

A resident of this thread, @VapexKarma, has a popular YouTube channel that he constantly posts top quality videos on. These videos showcase many different visuals that are that are present in FIFA, such as player faces and face comparisons from PES, as well as players who are in need of an updated face on FIFA. His channel has only continued to increase over the past year as he fights the good fight for our struggles! You can find his channel here

Lastly, there are rules that are present in this thread that you can find below and will need to abide to.
  • This thread is for player face discussion only, for discussion of everything else to do with FIFA 18 please use other more appropriate threads.
  • Please use the Off Topic section to discuss PES. A small amount of PES face discussion is allowed in here but only for comparison purposes. Anything else/excessive PES face discussion will be removed.
  • We understand graphics aren't everyone's cup of tea. Please be aware that we also want gameplay updates and fixes but this thread is solely just for starheads. EA have numerous departments working on different aspects of the game. There are gameplay-specific threads for you to air your thoughts.
  • Please do not quote posts that include numerous pics, nor create quote chains.
  • Please be respectful of everyone's opinion. Arguing for the sake of arguing will get us nowhere.

With all that being said, don't be afraid to join in with discussion. Here's to a great year!

Comments

• RollsReus
    1355 posts Professional
    edited April 10
    For those of you who are not familiar with what a starhead is, it occurs when a team is dispatched by EA to a football clubs training facilities where they sit the team down in their makeshift studio to take a number of photos in which - over time - they are applied to a players' in-game face. The results are quite outstanding.

There are 4 different types of faces in FIFA. They are the following:-

Scanned
    when a player receives the treatment mentioned above.

622_197d6cf7-93be-42a0-90d1-1d673f518c2a.jpg

Starhead
    When a team sent by EA take multiple pictures with one camera to apply to players' in-game counterpart.

a-picture-of-zlatan-ibrahimovic-in-fifa-17.jpg

Custom
    when the players' in-game is designed by the graphics team without the aide of a photoshoot.

DG5IZluXkAEAmar.jpg

Generic
    when a player has a in-game face that is modelled on them without going into great detail.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Post edited by RollsReus on
  • RollsReus
    1355 posts Professional
    edited September 30
    FIFA 19
    2017/2018 Premier League (rescan)
    2017/2018 La Liga scan
    Various MLS players
    Various Saudi League players
    Various Chinese Super League players
    PSG (rescan)
    RB Leipzig
    Cardiff City
    Fulham
    Wolves

RUMOURS
    Bundesliga league scan (proof shows that it has been scanned, yet not included in the game)

FIFA 18
    2016/2017 Premier League (rescan)
    Newcastle (rescan)
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    Huddersfield
    Toronto
    Various MLS players
    Various J-League players

FIFA 17
    Bayern Munchen
    Inter Milan
    2015/2016 Premier League (rescan)
    Middlesbrough
    Burnley (rescan)
    Hull (rescan)
    Juventus (rescan)
    Additions to the Women's roster

FIFA 16
    2014/2015 Barclays Premier League (rescan)
    Bournemouth
    Watford
    Norwich
    Real Madrid
    FC Barcelona (rescan)
    Entire Women's Roster
    Paris Saint Germain (rescan)
    Olympique de Marseille (rescan)
    Olympique Lyonnais (rescan)
    Borussia Mönchengladbach

FIFA 15
    2013/2014 Barclays Premier League (minus Fulham and Cardiff City)
    Leicester City
    Burnley
    QPR

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
    USA National Team

FIFA 14
    Lille OSC
    Olympique de Marseille (rescan)
    Olympique Lyonnais (rescan)
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Everton
    Newcastle (rescan)
    Borussia Dortmund
    Atletico Madrid
    FC Barcelona
    Liverpool
    Aston Villa (rescan)
    AC Milan (rescan)
    Arsenal (rescan)
    Chelsea (rescan)
    German National Team (rescan)
    Valencia (rescan)

FIFA 13
    Hamburger
    Valencia
    Germany National Team(rescan)
    Manchester City (rescan)
    Chelsea (rescan)

FIFA 12
    Aston Villa
    Newcastle United
    Manchester City
    AC Milan
    Germany National Team
    Olympique de Marseille
    Paris Saint Germain
    Vancouver Whitecaps

FIFA 11
    Juventus
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Bordeaux

Top teams that are in desperate need of treatment

VFL Wolfsburg, Schalke 04, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, AS Monaco, Lazio, Fiorentina, Napoli, A.S Roma, AC Milan (rescan), FC Porto, Benfica, Sporting C P, Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV, Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe, Beşiktaş, Zenit Saint Petersburg, R.S.C Anderlecht. More National Team scans!
    Post edited by RollsReus on
  • Alastair
    8728 posts Moderator
    Full Hereford scan for FIFA 19 please.
  • PabloEscobar
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    As roma scan plz B) :) B)
  • TeamExtreme17
    1192 posts Professional
    edited April 10
    1. Manchester United scan please :p

And lots more custom faces for top players who are generic please..
  • Futbol22
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Calling it now.....La Liga scan for FIFA 19.

Wait & see B)

• tommy_p_5
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    Futbol22 wrote: »

Wait & see B)

I have the same feeling - Betis scanned, most stadiums already acquired (apparently), club owners (I think it was Girona) saying their stadium will be in Fifa 19...

Having said that, I thought the same about the Bundesliga last year!
  • Futbol22
    edited April 10
    tommy_p_5 wrote: »

Wait & see B)

I have the same feeling - Betis scanned, most stadiums already acquired (apparently), club owners (I think it was Girona) saying their stadium will be in Fifa 19...

I thought the same about the Bundesliga and I would prefer it over La Liga, but there does seem to be more tangible information this time around with various leaks...

68fw.png

I also can't see EA passing up the opportunity to scan Neymar considering they are partnered with PSG & hopefully they will scan the whole squad.
  • tommy_p_5
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    tommy_p_5 wrote: »

Wait & see B)

I thought the same about the Bundesliga and I would prefer it over La Liga, but there does seem to be more tangible information this time around with various leaks...

I also can't see EA passing up the opportunity to scan Neymar considering they are partnered with PSG & hopefully they will scan the whole squad.
    Agreed, Neymar will be the cover star in the next year or two.
  • Disgruntledas
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lads let’s not get our hopes to high, we’ve been expecting so much in past years just to be bitterly disappointed!
  • tommy_p_5 wrote: »

Wait & see B)

Can’t see most La Liga stadiums and teams scanned in Fifa 19 be great if was true
  • Disgruntledas
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    At least we’ll get a wolves scan, and most likely Fulham or Cardiff
  • Ads_86
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 11
    Well, I would say that the generic faces of new Premier League signings in FIFA 18 will be done for FIFA 19 as is always the case e.g Mendy of City and Kolasinac of Arsenal.

Would be good to have the new fifa mobile faces in FIFA 19, also if they can't/won't scan, have some customs of young talent in other leagues, like Simeone of fiorentina, Belotti of Torino and kluivert of Ajax.

I will never knock any additions of scans but when I see young players being added from Premier League teams, 58 rated, I would love that time to be spent on updating scans of the BIG Premier League like aguero.

Post edited by Ads_86 on
  • At least we’ll get a wolves scan, and most likely Fulham or Cardiff
    And Villa in the playoffs hopefully
  • Hopefully we will get some World Cup news and some new faces in that in the next week or two
  • DelboyIRA
    261 posts Sunday League Hero
    Alastair wrote: »

Mate do You know or do You think is there any chance that someday we will see National League (I'm not gonna ask about National League South and North) in any FIFA game?
  • DelboyIRA wrote: »

Mate do You know or do You think is there any chance that someday we will see National League (I'm not gonna ask about National League South and North) in any FIFA game?

No I think he was just wishful thinking that he would love them as they are his team
  • Alastair
    8728 posts Moderator
    DelboyIRA wrote: »

I know no more than anyone else. Personally I think we will see it eventually but as for when I have no idea. I doubt it'll be any time soon. If we got the National League then we'd get North and South as well as it'd probably be all one license (like for FM). I don't even know if FM have an exclusive one (I've never seen any news article about that license).
  • I do hope this is the year they can finally add bigger beards to generic players, my boy Atdhe Nuhiu looks awful.
  • Pezzatti
    58 posts Park Captain
    FIFA19 scans published by these clubs:

NYFC - MLS
    Arsenal - PL
    Huddersfield - PL
    Chelsea -PL

I also count 33 new faces in FIFA Mobile , sure it will come to consoles/PC in FIFA19

*Sorry , Country names are in Portuguese:

Jonas Hecor (Köln / Alemanha)
    Timo Werner (Leipzig / Alemanha)

Nawaf Al Abed (Al Hilal / Arábia Saudita)

Youri Tielemans (Mónaco / Bélgica)
    Thomas Meunier (PSG / Bélgica)
    Dries Mertens (Napoli / Bélgica) 

Ederson (Man City / Brasil)
    Casemiro (Real Madrid / Brasil) 

Carvajal (Real Madrid / Espanha) 
    Saul (Atletico Madri / Espanha)
    Marco Asensio (Real Madrid / Espanha) 

Christian Pulisic (BVB/Estados Unidos)

Ousmane Dembélé (Barcelona/ França)
    Thomas Lemar (Monaco/França)

Sardar Azmoun (Rubin Kazan) / Irã)
    Saman Ghoddos (Ostersunds / Irã)
    Alireza Jahanbakhsh (AZ Alkmaar / Irã) 

Alfred Finnbogason (Augsburgo / Islândia )

Andrea Belotti (Torino FC/Italia)
    Alessandro Florenzi (Roma / Itália)
    Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan / Itália)

Hakim Ziyech (Ajax / Marrocos) 

Hirving Lozano (PSV / México)
    Rodolfo Pizarro (Guadalajara / México) 
    Jesus Corona (Porto / México)

Rui Patricio (Sporting / Portugal)
    William Carvalho (Sporting / Portugal)
    Bernardo Silva (Man City / Portugal) 
    João Mário (West Ham / Portugal) 

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio / Sérvia)

Emil Forsberg (Leipzig / Suécia)

Ricardo Rodriguez (Milan / Suíça)

Keita Balde (Mónaco/ Senegal)

• ManzGOTIT
    2038 posts Fans' Favourite
    LETS Fookin GOOOOOO!!!!! Surely fifa 19 can’t be worse than that calamity fifa 18 brought. But oh well here’s a start of another journey lads and lasses

Let’s hope EA makes us happy for once.
  • RollsReus
    1355 posts Professional
    I live to see @ManzGOTIT's reactions to players getting scans, ie Firmino. Love the passion. ps told you Andy Robertson would be class ;)

On an entirely different point, knowing that the EA devs are well aware of this thread (trust me, I know), and we are pretty sure they've at least made customs for a whole bunch of random yet good players on mobile, do you think we should make a list of players that need customs, like we did with the teams? I'd like for it to not get clunky, but this place is the most publicised place for it outside of players complaining on twitter so it could help them. It could also help them know what players to rescan if they're out of date.
  • DelboyIRA

No I think he was just wishful thinking that he would love them as they are his team

Mate I know that he is a supporter of Hereford, and he is not only one here. Since FM08 in almost every save I was a manager of great Hereford United (players such as Rob Purdie, Kingsley James, Josh O'Keefe, Jarrow Bowen, Chris Sharp, Sam Clucas, Will Evans, Joe Colback, James McQuilkin and of course Harry Pell :) :)
  • DelboyIRA

I know no more than anyone else. Personally I think we will see it eventually but as for when I have no idea. I doubt it'll be any time soon. If we got the National League then we'd get North and South as well as it'd probably be all one license (like for FM). I don't even know if FM have an exclusive one (I've never seen any news article about that license).

Yes, I know, and English lower leagues were the only reason why I was playing FM for years...It is a little bit boring to play with Barnet all time o FIFA 18, that why I would like to see more English lower leagues, so It would be great to play with Dover, Stockport or Hereford in some future on FIFA :)
  • Futbol22
    RollsReus wrote: »
    I live to see @ManzGOTIT's reactions to players getting scans, ie Firmino. Love the passion. ps told you Andy Robertson would be class ;)

On an entirely different point, knowing that the EA devs are well aware of this thread (trust me, I know), and we are pretty sure they've at least made customs for a whole bunch of random yet good players on mobile, do you think we should make a list of players that need customs, like we did with the teams? I'd like for it to not get clunky, but this place is the most publicised place for it outside of players complaining on twitter so it could help them. It could also help them know what players to rescan if they're out of date.

I think it's a good idea to create a list, however, we should all try and agree on the number of players as well as what players are on that list to avoid endless lists. Hopefully this would show EA which starheads the Fifa community wants based on demand.

We could shortlist 40 players and settle on something like 25 for the final list by way of voting.

• ChrisW1991
    763 posts Semi-Pro
    Love all the new additions to mobile really hope they come to console by the latest Fifa 19. Hopefully along with the new ones we can get Kovacic, Oblak, Diego Costa, Inaki Williams, Dani Ceballos, Lucas Vasquez, Ben Yedder, Santi Mina and Kondogbia at least from La Liga
  • ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Love all the new additions to mobile really hope they come to console by the latest Fifa 19. Hopefully along with the new ones we can get Kovacic, Oblak, Diego Costa, Inaki Williams, Dani Ceballos, Lucas Vasquez, Ben Yedder, Santi Mina and Kondogbia at least from La Liga

Maybe there will be a La Liga full scan thou this yr with betis already done and rumours of Girona
  • Steph3998
    1408 posts Professional
    The WC game was annonced in March (in May for FUT) for the 2014 World Cup, so we should have some news about new faces soon maybe, let's pray that the FIFA Mobile faces are in the WC game/DLC o:)
  • Pezzatti
    58 posts Park Captain

I think it's a good idea to create a list, however, we should all try and agree on the number of players as well as what players are on that list to avoid endless lists. Hopefully this would show EA which starheads the Fifa community wants based on demand.

We could shortlist 40 players and settle on something like 25 for the final list by way of voting.

I think is the best way for EA. They need to focus in custom faces by demand, just like they did on Mobile.
  • TeamExtreme17
    1192 posts Professional
    edited April 11

25? I'd expect 100+ quality customs for top players who still have generic faces in a yearly released game..

I'd want 25+ every few months on top of that as DLC like PES do..