• Ishibum
    14724 posts World Class
    giphy.gif
  • BILLYT96
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2018
    Ishibum wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Hahaha. Just a tad boring that’s all, it gets tiring playing the same formation, the same style of play, every single game

I haven’t had a “good” game of FIFA in months
  • rankon.
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    I sympathise, I'm bored of it too. I also hate gifs of munts filling my page but there ya go.
  • tzinc
    2791 posts Fans' Favourite
    everyone plays the same way
    same teams either OPs or Icons/Informs

there is no creativity
    there are no differences
    there is no feeling like real football

this game boils down to: move your player via these preset moves to this preset spot then shoot with this preset power and goal or hit the post

ugh boring grinding
  • Ishibum
    14724 posts World Class
    BILLYT96 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Hahaha. Just a tad boring that’s all, it gets tiring playing the same formation, the same style of play, every single game

Yeah, I get you tbh. First min formation changers annoy me more but usually they change to 4121212121212.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    giphy.gif

Yeah, I get you tbh. First min formation changers annoy me more but usually they change to 4121212121212.

I think it was 41212121212121212121212, not 4121212121212. Could be wrong though.
  • BILLYT96
    edited April 2018
    rankon. wrote: »
    I sympathise, I'm bored of it too. I also hate gifs of munts filling my page but there ya go.

Glad I’m not the only one.
    tzinc wrote: »
    everyone plays the same way
    same teams either OPs or Icons/Informs

there is no creativity
    there are no differences
    there is no feeling like real football

this game boils down to: move your player via these preset moves to this preset spot then shoot with this preset power and goal or hit the post

ugh boring grinding

Too right.

41212 narrow, relying on the counter, dragging every player behind the ball when you have it, defending deep, containing and abusing RB. Then as soon as they get the ball back drill passing it to their striker to abuse quick one-twos with their other striker.

How boring.

• Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    @tzinc Hates people who use 41212(2), then proceeds to go and bash someone using 3412.

• tzinc
    uh no I don't hate people who use 41212 and I am not bashing someone for using 3 atb

I hate this game which is created in a way that will punish you for using 3 atb I wish you could use 3 atb and be successful
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    uh no I don't hate people who use 41212 and I am not bashing someone for using 3 atb

I hate this game which is created in a way that will punish you for using 3 atb I wish you could use 3 atb and be successful

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/360342/versatile-3412-guide-lounge/p1

• BILLYT96

This, says it all about the state that FIFA 18 is that really there’s only two good formations on the game that’ll make you competitive.

I know it’s just a game but Chelsea won the league playing 5/3 at the back last year and Leicester won it the year before playing 442.

Yet both formations just set you up to lose this year no matter how good you are and no matter the team you have.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner

This, says it all about the state that FIFA 18 is that really there’s only two good formations on the game that’ll make you competitive.

I know it’s just a game but Chelsea won the league playing 5/3 at the back last year and Leicester won it the year before playing 442.

Yet both formations just set you up to lose this year no matter how good you are and no matter the team you have.

Simply not true. I use 3 at the back and consistently in Div 3-2
  • BILLYT96
    Tomb1302 wrote: »

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/360342/versatile-3412-guide-lounge/p1

Two questions:

1. Are you honestly successful with that squad? I.e div 1/ weekend league
    2. Are you able to play competitively with that formation even without an OP team? So a team the casual player plays with?
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    edited April 2018

Two questions:

2. Are you able to play competitively with that formation even without an OP team? So a team the casual player plays with?

1. Not sure why successful is measured by WL. Shouldn't it be measured by enjoy-ability? In that case, 100% enjoyable and fresh.

2. Try and tell me this is an OP team.

3b250782a39b4996f01cca8a1a198fbf.jpg
  • tzinc
    edited April 2018
    there is always an exception to the rule of course a few people can do pretty well with some unusual formation but for the majority it is down to a few preset formations that will see the best results

just like some people do ok with an unusual player or two but the vast majority need those OPs or Icons/Infs

I mean even with Icons there are the icons everyone uses and are successful with and the ones everyone avoids lol

so much in this game is pre-determined by how the programming was done

• BILLYT96
    edited April 2018

Two questions:

1. Not sure why successful is measured by WL. Shouldn't it be measured by enjoyability? In that case, 100% enjoyable and fresh.

2. Try and tell me this is an OP team.

3b250782a39b4996f01cca8a1a198fbf.jpg

Okay perhaps I phrased that wrong. If you enjoy playing with that formation, then kudos to you.

What I meant was would it win games in fut champs? I’m a div 1 player and I play fut champs, and I personally think that if I played with that formation I would get rinsed in div 1 and fut champs.

Your team is better than mine, it’s not OP but if you played someone with a worse team that plays 41212 narrow on fut champs you’d still probably lose.

EDIT:

What I’m trying to say is that every formation should be equally as powerful, yet this year on FIFA, the 41212(2) is just overpowered.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    there is always an exception to the rule of course a few people can do pretty well with some unusual formation but for the majority it is down to a few preset formations that will see the best results

just like some people do ok with an unusual player or two but the vast majority need those OPs or Icons/Infs

That makes no sense again. People focus on needing the win, no matter how disgusting it is to achieve.

if you shift to trying to enjoy the game, any formation and team is usable.

But, you're just like the rest, and see not qualifying for WL and as a sign of failure, when in fact, the game doesn't obligate you to play in any particular way.
  • BILLYT96

That makes no sense again. People focus on needing the win, no matter how disgusting it is to achieve.

But, you're just like the rest, and see not qualifying for WL and as a sign of failure, when in fact, the game doesn't obligate you to play in any particular way.

See, that’s a bit presumptuous? Perhaps people get enjoyment out of the game by winning?

That’s how I enjoy the game, whilst also I enjoy playing good possession based football.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner

See, that’s a bit presumptuous? Perhaps people get enjoyment out of the game by winning?

That’s how I enjoy the game, whilst also I enjoy playing good possession based football.

Oh, I enjoy winning too. Naturally, everybody does. But how will you attempt to win?

Will you,

1. Use the excuse that to keep up with others, you too need to use 41212(2) and an OP Prem team

OR

2. Try something completely different with new players that are appealing to you, and learning to adapt, making beating Prem teams all the more satisfying, an giving the game a new twist.

I chose 2, you seem to favor 1. 1 is no excuse; The game works perfectly fine with 3 at the back.
  • tzinc

well yes if you don't mind losing a lot of games then of course you can use any players and formation you want

yes but most people find winning more enjoyable then anything losing a lot tends to make people feel bad

and then on top of that when you have OP players and formations beating you rather than the other player's skills then that gets frustrating for most people

I am on your side I am saying that you should be able to make WL or get lots of wins no matter the players and formations you use but they have to reprogram the game to make that happen

the game as programmed now punishes you if you don't have what is OP
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner

well yes if you don't mind losing a lot of games then of course you can use any players and formation you want

yes but most people find winning more enjoyable then anything losing a lot tends to make people feel bad

and then on top of that when you have OP players and formations beating you rather than the other player's skills then that gets frustrating for most people

I am on your side I am saying that you should be able to make WL or get lots of wins no matter the players and formations you use but they have to reprogram the game to make that happen

Through one ear, out the other. I literally just proved that wrong based on the mentality of the player, but hey-ho, you're just like the rest of the community. Go back to your 41212(2) prem team and grind those sweet WL packs.
  • BILLYT96

Oh, I enjoy winning too. Naturally, everybody does. But how will you attempt to win?

Will you,

1. Use the excuse that to keep up with others, you too need to use 41212(2) and an OP Prem team

OR

2. Try something completely different with new players that are appealing to you, and learning to adapt, making beating Prem teams all the more satisfying, an giving the game a new twist.

I chose 2, you seem to favor 1. 1 is no excuse; The game works perfectly fine with 3 at the back.

You don’t even know what formation I use haha.

I use 4231, narrow and wide. The most common formation in world football. I do use players that are enjoyable to me. 4231 is the only formation on this game that enables you to compete in div 1 and fut champs with the hoards of people that play 41212 narrow.

The game might work perfectly fine with 3 at the back but what I’m saying is that I would get rinsed playing that in fut champs and div 1, by better fifa players that abuse 41212 narrow. What I’m trying to say is that it shouldn’t be like that, every formation should be equally as good. But they’re not. Because EA would rather satisfy a load of 13 year old kids than create a balanced game.
  • BILLYT96

THIS.

Through one ear, out the other. I literally just proved that wrong based on the mentality of the player, but hey-ho, you're just like the rest of the community. Go back to your 41212(2) prem team and grind those sweet WL packs.

Now I just think you’re trolling and being ridiculously ignorant.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner

Will you,

OR

I use 4231, narrow and wide. The most common formation in world football. I do use players that are enjoyable to me. 4231 is the only formation on this game that enables you to compete in div 1 and fut champs with the hoards of people that play 41212 narrow.

The game might work perfectly fine with 3 at the back but what I’m saying is that I would get rinsed playing that in fut champs and div 1, by better fifa players that abuse 41212 narrow. What I’m trying to say is that it shouldn’t be like that, every formation should be equally as good. But they’re not. Because EA would rather satisfy a load of 13 year old kids than create a balanced game.

This I do agree with. The solution there is to avoid WL altogether.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner

THIS.

I literally just agreed with you...
  • BILLYT96

Will you,

OR

This I do agree with. The solution there is to avoid WL altogether.

It’s the same in div 1 though. I’m not going to avoid features of the game. It’s satisfying beating people that play 41212 narrow but at the same time frustrating playing what seems like the same match over and over again. EA need to fix it for FIFA 19 but they won’t of course.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    I think you're misinterpreting the difference between punishing you, and preventing you from being T100. It does not punish you, but T100 is not achievable any other way.

Is that ignorant?
  • BILLYT96

THIS.

I meant to the other guy. “Through one ear, out the other.” I mean c’mon.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner

THIS.

That was me.
  • BILLYT96

THIS.

That was me.

I know.. I just think it was a bit harsh to dismiss tzinc’s point like that.
    I think you're misinterpreting the difference between punishing you, and preventing you from being T100. It does not punish you, but T100 is not achievable any other way.

Is that ignorant?

I don’t get this point.