Will you buy FIFA 19?

Comments

• Clancy
    8105 posts League Winner
    I'll buy it

I wish you didn't need to buy the ultimate version for early access though, I have never gotten a single good thing in 3 years or preorder packs
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    15282 posts World Class
    Tomb1302 wrote: »
    Really hesitant. I want to make it a point to myself not to buy a game that's broken and overrun by a toxic community, but it's football, and goddamn... I love football.

The game isn't broken, you just aren't very good at it. :)

I see, I see. Let me take my time to absorb that - Moments of sudden realization like this are encumbering at first.

That's fine. It's easy to blame Fifa for you lack of ability.

It's strange that my game works perfectly fine, maybe I was lucky enough to pick up one of those disks that work correctly? I don't know.

@TheBearOfCodgey I call bs on this one and if you really got a game that works perfectly fine then you are actually one of the luckiest guys alive as out of the millions of copies sold you seem to have got the only one that works perfectly.
  • Marg09
    190 posts Sunday League Hero
    No..If there's skill gap in FIFA 19 then yes, but also there are somes games (That are better than FIFA) than I'm looking to.
  • mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    probably - Fifa wont have any competition again.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6195 posts Big Money Move
    V_Babu_V wrote: »
    Sercs wrote: »
    I'll buy it, ultimately I love football and PES isn't even close to Fifa in my opinion

Hopefully for 19 they rework champs, have more communication and give us content we want. Plus the competitive side needs to be better done, given the money EA have they should really have more professional broadcasts

PES is the far more superior game given its realism.

Fifa is more like a roulette game - the house always wins.

If you want a game with substance buy PES, if you are more superficial buy Fifa.

Playing PES pretty much exclusively now. It makes me think on the fly. Try new things. Pick apart an opposition. Chess vs checkers. I’ve had enough of the RNG in fifa determining everything.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    Really hesitant. I want to make it a point to myself not to buy a game that's broken and overrun by a toxic community, but it's football, and goddamn... I love football.

Let me guess. PTB, counter attack, low driven with Jesus and martial?
  • Pocketsquareguy
    PES is awful.

Why?

West Yorkshire Town

Man Red

Man Blue.

Thats why

If you own a usb stick and know how to use a computer you can have everything official in about 20
    Minutes.
  • PG13
    430 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes il buy it cuz pro evo is shocking an i need a football game an its only game i play really only reason why i got a console.
  • TheBearOfCodgey
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PES is awful.

Why?

West Yorkshire Town

Man Red

Man Blue.

Thats why

If you own a usb stick and know how to use a computer you can have everything official in about 20
    Minutes.

Why would I go through all that effort when Fifa is already done and ready?

PES is poo - confirmed
  • TheBearOfCodgey
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Let me guess. PTB, counter attack, low driven with Jesus and martial?

I don't fiddle around with game mechanics, I stick to whatever the game starts on, with whatever the game sets as player instructions with Larrson & Balde Keita upfront. FUN
  • WimbleMyWomble
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    ill buy it yes but after being banned from the web app with no explanation for being a completely legitimate player im probably gonna set up another account and use it to coin buy rather than give them fifa points
  • Dutch007
    3329 posts National Call-Up
    Only with full CL license
  • Andyh60
    742 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2018
    Cant lie but cant wait for it assuming obvious improvements are carried out like revamped "weekend league" to whole week i.e. sb idea and yes more tournaments such as "DKT" with relevant prizes which yes at the start you may think naaah but could prove valuable. I mean even an offline one to win niigata 70 cam a great one in hindsight. To prove that I mean what I said first off, football manager 18 is first one of series I have not brought since cm days as yes I just think fifa gives me so much more now.
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    Obviously
  • OZero
    6584 posts Big Money Move
    I will go for PES instead. That is a football game. Fifa isn't.
  • James Libby
    6891 posts Big Money Move
    CoachDavio wrote: »
    No. And it was the forums that convinced me in the end. It was on the forums that I discovered the issues I suspected weren’t in my head but wide spread. And it was the Orwellian treatment of the moderators and the paid gas lighters that solidified my backbone to follow through with quitting. Letting people communicate and commiserate the destruction of what was my favorite game backfired.

Yeah, you've followed through with "quitting" so much, you're on the FIFA forums... telling us about it? If you really quit, would you even be on here? Methinks the lady doth protest too much....

In all seriousness: you, sir, are an example of fortitude, determination, and blase ignorance for us all. Keep up the good work!
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    Where is davesaves? i miss his pro EA banter. If anyone could let me know where he is at and why he's not here anymore it would be greatly appreciated...
  • I don't love computer football enough to put up with the bs they serve up so no.
  • Fifababy
    1187 posts Professional
    No
  • Ballist1x
    3630 posts National Call-Up
    After the TOTS stuff, traitgate etc no chance.
  • Tornado31619
    20551 posts Club Captain
    Yes.
  • semia172
    2187 posts Fans' Favourite
    No won't let them fool me again
  • gazipasa3307
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In the upcoming game, I will wait a little longer and decide accordingly playable or not.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    I kept telling myself I'd get 19 even though 18 it's awful. But after the DKT game I just had, which was literally everything wrong with 18 in one game and because of his toxic the community is, I'll be getting PES. First time and I hope it's better than FIFA. This game is beyond crap. And I don't know why I bought it at all. The AI assistance, input delay, the skill gap beging non exists, the terrible servers and how pay-to-win this game is...it all makes it such a bad game that we all keep buying for some reason.
  • mypetfrog
    1291 posts Professional
    edited May 2018
    Probably not. I got away with playing Fifa 16 all the way to Fifa 18. So hopefully there's enough players to let me do it again.

If Fifa 19 somehow is a huge leap (unlikely) then maybe I'll buy it, but absolutely positively NOT going to get involved with FUT. Probably. Well, maybe.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    Probably not. I got away with playing Fifa 16 all the way to Fifa 18. So hopefully there's enough players to let me do it again.

If Fifa 19 somehow is a huge leap (unlikely) then maybe I'll buy it, but absolutely positively NOT going to get involved with FUT. Probably. Well, maybe.

For me, I bought FIFA not for FUT but I soon realised that most other modes like manger and player modes are so glitchy and not worked on at all. FUT is decent, to make teams etc but actually playing matches is when I realised why I stopped in January.
  • Carlos181
    4028 posts National Call-Up
    No. I like sport games, but I’m just not great at them. I enjoyed Fifa (Minus the rage because I suck), but it’s time for me to move back to shooters (which I’m good at).

If they revamp WL (30 games at most), then I may give it a shot again.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    No. I like sport games, but I’m just not great at them. I enjoyed Fifa (Minus the rage because I suck), but it’s time for me to move back to shooters (which I’m good at).

If they revamp WL (30 games at most), then I may give it a shot again.

Haha same. I'm pretty good at COD and they seem to care about their players. Making it easy to get new guns and updates almost everyday. Whereas FIFA make it impossible for the casual gamer to get s very good team and updates once in a blue moon.
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    No, I'm out after this year. Only bought it this year because of icons, well I've got a full prime icon team this year and haven't spent a penny on FIFA points. I'm embarrassed with myself with how much time I've sunk into it tho, got caught up in the grind for a few months there.

Also, online gameplay has far too many issues that make it a frustrating experience to endure, and offline is repetitive and eventually becomes dull.

I hope for the people who love this game and persevere next year are rewarded with a much improved and fulfilling game, but it's not something I'm interested in and I've had my fill of FIFA for a long time.
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2018
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!
    HECCKKKKK NOOOOOOOO!!!!!